BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   VOIP SIP Client (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=237439)

lburg 10-05-2010 09:12 PM

VOIP SIP Client

It appears that VoipSwitch is now offering a generic VOIP SIP client that works on most any VOIP provider. This is based off their revised website information. It cost $20.00. I downloaded earlier today but I have not been able to get it to open on my BB9700. I have a ticket in with their customer service awaiting a reply hopefully tomorrow. If anyone has any luck and can confirm sucess please advise. I don't know why it doesn't open.

Here is their website info:

BlackBerry softphone – retail version:
- Generic version of our Vippie BlackBerry softphone. It can work with any SIP server, user can enter the sip server details and his log in username/password. Please visit our retail shop in order to purchase the application.

Blackberry sip softphone client download | VoipSwitch

Dubdub 10-05-2010 09:18 PM

No need to double post. Once is enough. Second thread deleted.

I do not think VoIP works on a BB just yet.

lburg 10-05-2010 09:21 PM

Yes, it does using BlackVoib over WIFI. I have sucessfully used it. The VoipSwitch APP also works according to numerous sources.

lburg 10-08-2010 02:49 PM

I need some help from USA based BB Bold 9700 users only. I downloaded VoipSwitch's new VOIP SIP client app v0.96. When attempting to open I select to treat it as a trusted source. However, thereafter I am not able to open the app. I've attempted this on 2 separate BB 9700 USA based units with the same result. VoipSwitch tech support thinks it may be me or my equipment. Would someone based in the USA with either AT&T or T-Mobile BB 9700 please download and see if you can open the app?

I'm sorry to bother those that do not have a BB 970 with this post; I originally posted this under BB 970 but the MOD, in his/her infinite wisdom, closed the post claiming it was the same thread. Maybe, he/she didn't realize that the question being posed was directly specifically to BB 9700 users. Oh well.

http://callto.net/VippieBB/Vippie.jad

makedonce 10-09-2010 07:26 PM

I downloaded their software. Didn't work on my 8900. Contacted support numerous times but all they did was try to sell me 1000 licenses.. I did an uninstall. BlackVoib is better.!

lmcjipo 10-11-2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makedonce (Post 1663235)
I downloaded their software. Didn't work on my 8900. Contacted support numerous times but all they did was try to sell me 1000 licenses.. I did an uninstall. BlackVoib is better.!

I tried contacting the company via e-mail and they either don't read the e-mails or harvest the e-mails.

I sent them an e-mail asking about Vippie and instead of answering my question, they e-mailed me marketing advertisement regarding their high end product with multiple licenses (probably similar to what you got). I deleted the e-mail.

Based on their e-mail response, it is one program that I will probably be staying away from.

stevew 10-12-2010 02:21 AM

Product simply does not work - they are idiots.

lmcjipo 10-17-2010 10:36 AM

I can only go by my experience with contacting the company and asking about Vippie and them not answering but instead using my e-mail address to start spamming me with advertisements for their high end VoipSwitch program.

This type of business practice of not actually answering e-mail questions is bad but then using the e-mail address that was used to ask the question to spam with advertisements for their higher end program is a fail in my opinion. (n)

In my e-mail to them, I pointed out that I was not interested in VoipSwitch since I was a CONSUMER and my question was regarding Vippie. I asked the question again and got the same advertisement spamming for VoipSwitch. :x

robmi 12-07-2010 07:32 AM

Re: VOIP SIP Client

fg microtec also has a generic SIP VOIP client you can try for 14 days.

Works with SIP PBXs and VoIP providers and lets you make and receive call via WiFi (3G will come later) form anywhere in the device.

Don't have enough posts so the link is : shop.fgmicrotec.com

Aviator168 12-07-2010 02:25 PM

BlackVoib version 1.0.2 has been released.

Added G711alaw support. It now works with SipGate and many more other service providers. Some protocol refinements as well.

BlackVoib is a SIP softphone for BlackBerries

lmcjipo 12-12-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aviator168 (Post 1681832)
BlackVoib version 1.0.2 has been released.

Added G711alaw support. It now works with SipGate and many more other service providers. Some protocol refinements as well.

BlackVoib is a SIP softphone for BlackBerries

I've been trying to register on your company's forum at blackvoib.com - Index and I constantly get the error message that says:

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

How can I be banned when I haven't been able to register since day 1 and I haven't done anything? I'm also not behind a proxy server (my IP address is unique) so I'm not sure why I'm being banned).