BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   iPhone 4 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=224694)

jsconyers 04-19-2010 05:01 PM

iPhone 4

This Is Apple's Next iPhone - Iphone 4 - Gizmodo

Dubdub 04-19-2010 05:46 PM

Wonder if someone got fired over losing their iPhone. Or could it have been a "plant"? Or an unnamed "official white house source"?

TBOLTRAM 04-19-2010 06:43 PM

How about a PR/sales tactic to keep people from getting something else since they now have seen what they truly want.

LunkHead 04-19-2010 07:49 PM

I am holding out for the iPhone 77.3...

Dubdub 04-19-2010 08:22 PM

I want the new unannounced BB 11550

Noodle22 04-19-2010 09:55 PM

Haha, we were looking at this article in class. Our discussion was whether it was real or not.

I love working in telecommunications.

BUC 04-19-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 1596619)
How about a PR/sales tactic to keep people from getting something else since they now have seen what they truly want.

Thats what I first thought, but apple never really care about popular demands, they design by their own feeling...

Anyway I think it does not look bad, it actually fixes the tappered back (I love my storm2 to sit still on a table and be able to click or swipe)

Front facing camera, nice but not a must for me yet

Flash for camera (LED)... welcome to 2003...

Supposedly better display... thats always the way to go, along with more battery... (though the 'low-res' on my phone is no problem unless you compare it side by side to a higher res device, this never bothered me while watching movies or anything else, you still need to focus and get close to see an individual pixel)

Separate volume buttons (for camera physical button)... meh, we already have it

The "mic" on top looks like a good idea... but what I would love to see is one of the things that disappointed me the most when I first got my Storm2... the hole on top was no speaker, just the one on the bottom... Stereo speaker (even if the volume remained the same) would have been awesome, just for the sound rearrangement

dankarlinski 04-19-2010 11:34 PM

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUC
Quote:

Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM (Post 1596619)

Thats what I first thought, but apple never really care about popular demands, they design by their own feeling...

Anyway I think it does not look bad, it actually fixes the tappered back (I love my storm2 to sit still on a table and be able to click or swipe)

Front facing camera, nice but not a must for me yet

Flash... welcome to 2003...

Supposedly better display... thats always the way to go, along with more battery... (though the 'low-res' on my phone is no problem unless you compare it side by side to a higher res device, this never bothered me while watching movies or anything else, you still need to focus and get close to see an individual pixel)

Separate volume buttons (for camera physical button)... meh, we already have it

The "mic" on top looks like a good idea... but what I would love to see is one of the things that disappointed me the most when I first got my Storm2... the hole on top was no speaker, just the one on the bottom... Stereo speaker (even if the volume remained the same) would have been awesome, just for the sound rearrangement

Welcome to 2003 indeed... Its ashame this other awesome platform doesn't support flash. I think its called a black berry or something like that?

BUC 04-20-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dankarlinski (Post 1596739)
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Welcome to 2003 indeed... Its ashame this other awesome platform doesn't support flash. I think its called a black berry or something like that?

Flash as Camera Flash.... (you know LED light so you can take pictures in the dark, have a flashlight and record video also in the dark)

iPhone will not support Flash as web content, and in BB plataform there is a workaround with Bolt browser....

TheBigNewt 04-20-2010 11:40 AM

iPhone 4=zzzzzzzzz. They won't get a boost until it's CDMA on Verizon. They're dying a slow painful death over at ATT. The only people who will go for this phone already have an iPhone and upgrade yearly since 2006. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

monkeypaw 04-20-2010 06:17 PM

Here's an endorsement you rarely hear about a phone "..because it's thinner, it feels even nicer in your pants."

BeachBum71 04-20-2010 07:48 PM

An iPhone 4g for AT&T seems useless right now. Since in January Chief Operating Officer John Stankey of AT&T said they were going to spend 18 to 19 billion dollars this year alone to fix and upgrade their network for two reasons: 1) Can't handle it's current userbase, 2) they are trying to catch up with 4g deployment and wont be ready until late 2011 or 2012.

It's a PR stunt if you ask me

NJBlackBerry 04-20-2010 10:22 PM

IT IS NOT AN IPHONE 4G - NO ONE SAID THAT.

It is the iPhone v4.

BeachBum71 04-20-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1597185)
IT IS NOT AN IPHONE 4G - NO ONE SAID THAT.

It is the iPhone v4.

lol, oooops. Guess that's what I get for not sleeping for two days

Noodle22 04-21-2010 08:08 AM

NJ is right, a lot of people are assuming it will be the "4G" but it will not actually be a 4G device, it will most likely just be iPhone 4 or v4.

wabbit 04-21-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1596602)
Wonder if someone got fired over losing their iPhone. Or could it have been a "plant"? Or an unnamed "official white house source"?

they probably committed suicide like the one guy in china did.

TBOLTRAM 04-22-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabbit (Post 1597427)
they probably committed suicide like the one guy in china did.

We should be so lucky.

jsconyers 06-07-2010 01:53 PM

So it's been announced and overall, I am not too impressed.

iPhone 4: The Definitive Guide

I have the HTC EVO now and I think I like my decision.

NJBlackBerry 06-07-2010 02:30 PM

Fanbot Alert
Fanbot Alert

Dubdub 06-07-2010 02:46 PM

It looks seems to be a nice device, although I am only reading the specs.

Release date is announced as June 24 on AT&T.