BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Curve - Piece of junk? What is not working on your phone? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=201712)

keano 08-21-2009 10:35 AM

Curve - Piece of junk? What is not working on your phone?

Here is a list of things that are not working on my curve

1. The camera (tried the pressing thing, got it to work for a bit, now is no longer working)
2. No longer charging - When I put the usb charger on few weeks ago I must have bent one of the usb pins on the phone so now the phone no longer charges/connects to the usb
3. The trackball only moves UP/Down and sometimes right. Can not move to the left. It is PIA to browse since you can not move the cursor.
4. The left convenience button is no longer working

I have had the phone for just about 2 years. Still works as a phone and I do not mind getting another curve (maybe 8320), but just wanted to see what other problems folks experience.

zerog46 08-21-2009 10:38 AM

And here is a good place to complain about them.

Moved to Rants and Raves.

MikeLip 08-21-2009 11:55 AM

Everything works on mine.

You bent a USB pin? Ugh. Not sure how you do that. Seems kinda hard to do. You could charge using a cradle if your curve has rear charging terminals.

ArgonNJ 08-21-2009 01:56 PM

It's 2 years old. Time for a new device. These things don't last forever. The Curve is hardly a piece of junk.

NJBlackBerry 08-21-2009 02:33 PM

Pebkab

daphne 08-21-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1455856)
Pebkab

My thoughts exactly.

barbwyr 08-22-2009 02:24 AM

Hmmm....You call it junk because it doesn't work after you have abused it. Interesting. First off a battery pull would probably fix the camera, a cradle will charge it since YOU damaged the usb pins, the key and trackball sound like they suffer from the same moisture or dust damage. I have a Curve and my wife has 2, 1 hers and 1 work. All 3 are coming up on 2 years old and they still function like champs. Of course I treat my electronic devices with care and all 3 are in the factory cases when not in use so....

Yeah...pebkab for sure.

kathrynhr 08-24-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1455856)
Pebkab

LOL! +1

My Curve definitely <> a piece of junk. I take good care of it, and it takes good care of me.

TonyEye 08-24-2009 08:25 AM

The Curve is a great device. It's AT&T's service that sucks.

keano 08-24-2009 09:57 AM

what is pebkab?

I am telling you my experience. I love the device and I will be getting another one, but just bit disappointed that is starting to fall apart after 2 years of service.

jsconyers 08-24-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keano (Post 1457454)
what is pebkab?

Normally it is pebkac; Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. Basically saying an end user error.

Since this is about a BlackBerry, it would be pebkab; Problem Exists Between Keypad And BlackBerry.

NJBlackBerry 08-24-2009 10:01 AM

keyboard and brain.

jsconyers 08-24-2009 10:03 AM

Ahh, good call!

ArgonNJ 08-24-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyEye (Post 1457389)

Too bad none of the OP problems are network related.

juwaack68 08-24-2009 01:33 PM

Two years is pretty long to have a BlackBerry these days, IMO.

Did you keep the device in a protective sleeve/holster at all times, never drop it, and never get any moisture/dust/lint on/in it?

ArgonNJ 08-24-2009 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juwaack68 (Post 1457625)
Two years is pretty long to have a BlackBerry these days, IMO.

Agreed. I usually get a new device every 6 mos, just to have to latest and greatest.

angelbear1973 08-24-2009 02:34 PM

Ive had my curve going on two years and I have used and abused it in a construction enviroment. Large gouges on all four corners and battery cover, screens scratched, battery needs replacing. Track ball was replaced through Horizon wireless. But all in all it takes great care of me and everything functions perfectly.

barbwyr 08-25-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyEye (Post 1457389)

Matter of opinion here. I am very happy with my AT&T service but have very bad things to say about Sprint and Verizon so to each his own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juwaack68 (Post 1457625)
Did you keep the device in a protective sleeve/holster at all times, never drop it, and never get any moisture/dust/lint on/in it?

Judging by his remarks of the trackball and key not working and admitting that HE broke the usb port I would say...No, No and No...lol

CoDudette 08-25-2009 05:23 AM

i've had my bold for a year now! happy birthday bold :D and now i have to just replace the trackball..:)

i think you just need to update your device. my friends have had their curves for 2 years too, and they're still in surprisingly good condition. i guess you could have abused your curve which is why it's gone cuckoo on you. take good care of it, and you'll be rewarded with good service.

did that sound shady? oops.

endure161 08-25-2009 09:59 AM

I have had several BB's - a 7100i on Nextel, an 8800, an 8310 Curve, and now an 8900 - last three on AT&T... While the features of the 8900 are great, especially the WiFi, it is the worst of the bunch for physical integrity. Compared to the others, it is quite flimsy. Out of the box the keyboard was loose and the trackball worked erratically because it is not mounted securely like the others. The shiny chrome scratches very easily during normal use. After three months, it fell off my desk and the LCD cracked even though it was in a gel skin that cushioned it some. Because it was unlocked (TMobile used on AT&T) the warranty will not be honored by anyone, either. That was the last straw for me. I went back to my 10 month old 8310, which is still solid, looks good and works very well. What is supposed to be the latest and greatest is not necessarily that way.