BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Sensitive Discussions (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Page 425 of the Health Care Bill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=199845)

juwaack68 08-04-2009 11:12 PM

Page 425 of the Health Care Bill

This is some scary stuff. Apparently on page 425 of the Health Care Bill, it talks about:

"that EVERYONE on Social Security, (will include all Senior Citizens and SSI people) will go to MANDATORY counseling every 5 years to learn and to choose from ways to end your suffering. Health care will be denied based on age. 500 Billion will be cut from Seniors healthcare. The only way for that to happen is to drastically cut health care, the oldest and the sickest will be cut first. Paying for your own care will not be an option." (this was sent to me in an email).

I went to Fred Thompson's radio site (I only know him from L&O, not for his political career), and listened to the interview he had on July 27th with Betsy McCaughey. To hear it yourself, click here and then select July 27th from the calendar. Or I think clicking THIS LINK will go right to it.

Thoughts?

daphne 08-04-2009 11:21 PM

Without listening to the interview...

It's health care rationing -- been talked about for a while now. The concept is damn scary. It sucks to even contemplate it. Whether it will happen or not remains to be seen. Maybe that bill will never be passed -- I hope it's not.

Edit... quick Googling found this.

Health Care Bill Page 425 - The Truth

Maybe you got an Urban Legend email? Says this in the article:
Quote:

• Audio of health care bill opponent Betsy McCaughey misrepresenting the contents of page 425 of the health care bill on Fred Thompson's radio talk show

SteveO86 08-05-2009 05:37 AM

I think I'm reading that right... but I am going to re-read for the 10th time..

Are they saying they will deny health care to the sickest person?

I haven't listened to the interview yet.

test54 08-05-2009 05:54 AM

Such rumors are really horrible.

juwaack68 08-05-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1445188)
Edit... quick Googling found this.

Health Care Bill Page 425 - The Truth

Maybe you got an Urban Legend email?

Well dang, I guess I'm not a very good Googler (at least not late at night). I'm glad it's just a rumor.

That's what I get for listening to a politician.....*smacks forehead*

kathrynhr 08-05-2009 07:05 AM

Wirelessly posted

On the subject of rationing, though: if there is a limited supply of care resources available, and the number of sick people is greater, then common sense says that guidelines are needed to determine who gets what.

jsconyers 08-05-2009 08:20 AM

I think the current health care issue in America does need revised as there are way too many Americans without health insurance. Having said that, I think this new universal health care reform is a terrible idea.

It will be like welfare; too many people will take advantage of it and the ones that really need it will get the short end of the stick.

As Kathryn stated, there will need to be some guidelines in place to determine who gets what.

jacobsaa 08-05-2009 12:36 PM

Leave it to these leeches in power to try to cover over that. Obama says, "you can keep your plan if you like it", well most companies are going to reduce the plan so people jump on the government rolls.

These clowns couldn't get Cash for Clunkers to work properly. Do you reallytrust them with your healthcare?

jacobsaa 08-05-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1445367)
I think the current health care issue in America does need revised as there are way too many Americans without health insurance. Having said that, I think this new universal health care reform is a terrible idea.

It will be like welfare; too many people will take advantage of it and the ones that really need it will get the short end of the stick.

As Kathryn stated, there will need to be some guidelines in place to determine who gets what.

Yeah, agreed, but does that mean it's the answer? Look we are going to pay for it one way or another. With lives (rationing) or with serious tax increases on the middle class, because there aren't enough "millionaires" to pay for this.

kathrynhr 08-05-2009 01:23 PM

Here are two opinion articles about rationing health care, one Pro-Rationing, from the New York Times, and one Anti-Rationing, from the Wall Street Journal.

Helmdawg 08-05-2009 03:52 PM

They need tort reform if they really want to "reform" anything! Enough with the entitlement programs... but this administration will NOT because their biggest support is with the trial lawyers and unions!

But as usual, not a mention of this in a thousand plus pages of crap that our elected officials cannot even read...

jacobsaa 08-05-2009 04:09 PM

Seriously, just vote out whoever the incumbent is in your area.

daphne 08-05-2009 09:57 PM

Imo, the real problem with the health care system (and nearly everything else) is the greed factor. Insurance companies are corrupt, pharmaceutical companies are corrupt, lawyers (not all), etc. all motivated by greed for money and power. This might be interesting...

Bill Moyers Journal . Wendell Potter on Profits Before Patients | PBS

JSanders 08-05-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juwaack68 (Post 1445317)
That's what I get for listening to a politician.....*smacks forehead*

Including the head-politician-in-charge, The President.

His health care bill end life in America as you know it today. Well, what is left of America as we knew it this past January 20.

test54 08-06-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1445874)
His health care bill end life in America as you know it today. Well, what is left of America as we knew it this past January 20.

Dramatic much? Sounds like something Glen Beck would use to bump his ratings. (n)

jacobsaa 08-06-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1446033)
Dramatic much? Sounds like something Glen Beck would use to bump his ratings. (n)

Keep listening to Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer there.

kathrynhr 08-06-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1445866)
Imo, the real problem with the health care system (and nearly everything else) is the greed factor. Insurance companies are corrupt, pharmaceutical companies are corrupt, lawyers (not all), etc. all motivated by greed for money and power. This might be interesting...

Bill Moyers Journal . Wendell Potter on Profits Before Patients | PBS

Thanks for the link. I read his remarks to Congress. Scary stuff, when they decide to go look for reasons to drop a sick patient who's costing more than they're paying. And when asked about this practice, the insurance giants basically flipped off Congress:

Quote:

The committee conducted a yearlong investigation into rescissions and found that insurers benefited financially from revoking coverage, sometimes even rewarding employees for finding reasons to cancel a policy that had proven costly to the company.

A series of tense points in the hearing culminated with subcommittee Chair Rep. Bart Stupak, (D, Mich.), asking the executives if they were prepared to commit to stop rescinding policies except in cases of fraud. All three said, "No."
Source: AMNews: July 6, 2009. Insurers defend rescissions, take heat for lack of transparency ... American Medical News

jacobsaa 08-06-2009 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This says it best!

Helmdawg 08-06-2009 03:48 PM

Again, tort reform is needed! Which NO democrat wants in the health bill disaster due to political paybacks.. They are all crooks, not just the insurance companies..

BTW - Bill Moyers is a left wing loon!

test54 08-06-2009 04:59 PM

I agree tort reform is needed but so is health care reform. The democrats might be in the way of tort reform because of unions & lawyers but the republicans stand in the way of health care reform because of the lobbying from the high $$ insurance companies. Both are corrupt at this point, its pick your poison.