BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Got 2 GB memory card and messages, call logs, etc still deleting!! Please help! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=195910)

LondonBlue 07-04-2009 03:47 PM

Got 2 GB memory card and messages, call logs, etc still deleting!! Please help!

I got a Blackberry World by Sprint over a year ago. Never any problems. A few months ago, messages started deleting. Got a 2 GB memory card and problem was solved. Today, emails, text messages and call logs started disappearing again!! I do not have any music files or pictures. Only downloaded a few apps. Do not understand why this has happened. I just deleted internet cache and cookies.

Any ideas on why this is happening again?

thanks!

jeremyckitching 07-04-2009 05:03 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve 8900)

The microSD memory card doesn't really help with that other than being able to move pictures and sounds to the media card. However, messages and everything else reside in main memory. There are a couple of memory optimization threads in the forums.

akosnitzky 07-04-2009 07:31 PM

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

That phone has limited memory. Did you remove the video sample and voice activated dialing?

LondonBlue 07-05-2009 08:21 AM

I did remove the video, pictures but did not do the voice dialing. Was thinking of using that. This should not happen if you buy such a phone that you have to remove stuff. i don't load songs, pics, videos, etc. on the phone.

I have insurance and am now going to try to get to the store I bought it from today. The insurance has a $100 deductible and that is going to be a pain to pay if I did nothing to the phone and it has malfunctioned on it's own.

I got a mac computer and can't even back this phone up to my computer.

NJBlackBerry 07-05-2009 09:13 AM

Return it.

tcora 07-10-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonBlue (Post 1421117)
I got a Blackberry World by Sprint over a year ago. Never any problems. A few months ago, messages started deleting. Got a 2 GB memory card and problem was solved. Today, emails, text messages and call logs started disappearing again!! I do not have any music files or pictures. Only downloaded a few apps. Do not understand why this has happened. I just deleted internet cache and cookies.

Any ideas on why this is happening again?

thanks!

Have you checked to see how long you have configured your BB to keep messages for? Go to Messages and then choose the Options menu item. Click on General Options and scroll down to the bottom of the list. The last item is labeled "Keep Messages:". What is it set for? You can set it for as little as 15 days and as long as "forever"...

As others have noted, the memory card has no impact on this - it is for storing files only.