BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Release date July 13th? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=192882)

skyman84 06-08-2009 04:23 AM

Release date July 13th?

Ok,
So there are a few posts around the net saying that Verizon are releasing this bad boy on July 13th.

BlackBerry Tour 9630 spotted in Verizon inventory - SlashGear
BlackBerry Tour hitting Verizon Wireless in July? : Boy Genius Report

We all know that these are just good guesses at the mo, but does anyone know if/when it will be hitting the UK market?

How long have previous models taken to cross the pond???

akosnitzky 06-08-2009 06:18 AM

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

The american here likes the date. Be patient

VIOLATOR 06-08-2009 07:18 AM

Wirelessly posted

That makes being fed to Verizon by Centennial & the FCC just a tad more palatable!

David

skyman84 06-08-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIOLATOR (Post 1401419)
Wirelessly posted

That makes being fed to T-Mo by Centennial & the FCC just a tad more palatable!

David

Sorry David,

Looks like you're going to have a longer wait!

T-Mobile Getting 3G BlackBerry Onyx 9600 in September?

ScottRPriester 06-08-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyman84 (Post 1401373)
Ok,
So there are a few posts around the net saying that Verizon are releasing this bad boy on July 13th.

This is all total speculation, and if you read those links they say "release in July???".

I am a VZW Rep, we have had no training or no information on this device at all.

VIOLATOR 06-08-2009 07:22 AM

Wirelessly posted

I meant Verizon? WAP & Edit = ain't happening :/

David

skyman84 06-08-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottRPriester (Post 1401422)
This is all total speculation, and if you read those links they say "release in July???".

I am a VZW Rep, we have had no training or no information on this device at all.

Hey Scott,
Check out the first link I posted on this thread, includes a screen shot supposedly from the Verzion systems, it look genuine to you??

From all the Info I've read, the date seems to be agreed.

But hey, until someone gives the official announcement, you're prefectly right, it's all conjecture!

skyman84 06-08-2009 07:29 AM

Saying the 22nd of July release on telus according to blackberryos.com

First Shots of Telus Branded 9630

ScottRPriester 06-08-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyman84 (Post 1401427)
Hey Scott,
Check out the first link I posted on this thread, includes a screen shot supposedly from the Verzion systems, it look genuine to you??

From all the Info I've read, the date seems to be agreed.

But hey, until someone gives the official announcement, you're prefectly right, it's all conjecture!

No it doesn't look genuine to me, that same picture was posted on another website stating it was "Best Buy's" inventory.

skyman84 06-08-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottRPriester (Post 1401468)
No it doesn't look genuine to me, that same picture was posted on another website stating it was "Best Buy's" inventory.

Fair enough,

I suppose only time will tell!

ffejie 06-08-2009 10:58 AM

Now we're up to July 22 - damn.

Teksu 06-08-2009 03:40 PM

skyman typo'd...telus is slated for a JUNE 22 release (as stated in the link he provided, and other non-official sources), and with them being a Canadian company just like RIM its logical that they will get it before vzw , have faith and hold out for july 13th.

2 Samuel 22 06-09-2009 02:32 PM

Mid to late July for the VZW Blackberry Tour launch. Subject to change, of course.

mmuras 06-09-2009 04:09 PM

I really want a Tour

Man...my company is about to try out Verizon for mass BlackBerry consumption...

I really want one of these phones to try out...I looks really nice...

...Have any of you compared CDMA networks (like Verizon) with CDMA phones to non-CDMA networks (like AT&T) with 3G phones?

Which is faster? - My hope is the CDMA phones are...but have not had the capacity (funds) to compare

-Thanks

--mmuras

complexx 06-10-2009 07:25 AM

Wirelessly posted

Faster in what respect?

mmuras 06-10-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by complexx (Post 1403056)
Wirelessly posted

Faster in what respect?

In terms of network speed and task speed, i.e.: downloading files, switching applications, opening applications, using Maps / GPS functions, web browsing...

I just want to know if the difference can be noticed on a CDMA phone vs a GSM phone. And if a difference in speed is noticable, which one is faster?

-mmuras

lostman72 06-10-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmuras (Post 1403349)
In terms of network speed and task speed, i.e.: downloading files, switching applications, opening applications, using Maps / GPS functions, web browsing...

I just want to know if the difference can be noticed on a CDMA phone vs a GSM phone. And if a difference in speed is noticable, which one is faster?

-mmuras

Verizon has the biggest 3G network. ATT is is playing catch up. they are not that far behind. Now GSM being faster or CDMA that all depends on what the size of the pipe is at the cell site and how many users are on that cell site. I also feel that CDMA has a better voice quality than GSM and I think most will agree.

Andyn 06-10-2009 07:52 PM

VZW gov't rep confirmed July release date today. Internal training memos are swirling like a dust devil on a hot day in Texas.

ffejie 06-11-2009 08:32 AM

Confirmed July release, or specifically July 13?

jsconyers 06-11-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmuras (Post 1403349)

-mmuras

You really won't notice too much speed difference unless you're tethering or browsing the web. Also, switching and opening applications has nothing to do with network speeds. That's entirely the processing speed of the device itself.

As stated, the speed really depends on your location. The main difference between CDMA EVDO (3G) speeds and and GSM HSPDA (3G) is that the GSM counterpart can do simultaneous voice and date whereas CDMA cannot.