BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Jad/Jar to ALX? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=17029)

xombi 10-12-2005 03:56 AM

Jad/Jar to ALX?

Hi,

Before I start let me stress I have searched and while I have found how to convert a Jad/Jar to be able to load it with Java Loader, is it possible in anyway to convert it so that you can actually upload it with app loader?

If converting in this way is not possible, can you create a .alx for the .cod that is created when converting and if so how would one go about it.

The reason I am interested is while I am happy to convert Jad/Jar for me to upload using Java Loader I often get my colleagues asking about things I have on my BB, they have BB desktop software but wouldn't really be technically minded enough to do much else. (and before you ask no they can't download as most of them have no browser....don't ask!!!)

eradis 10-12-2005 08:58 AM

Your options:

1. Use the RIM JDE and create the COD and ALX file.
2. Use a batch file to "load" the cod files onto the BBs

siralston 10-13-2005 06:12 PM

can someone give us step by step in JDE program

KonTiki 10-13-2005 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is where i learned to do jad and jars to cod files:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...6300#post76300

and i am attaching what i use for a template to create alx files, I found this through a search here, i owe my thanks to jibi for the help he gave me here with the instructions in the above link, just follow them and you will be doing it in no time. Hope this helps.

siralston 10-14-2005 04:34 AM

that link didnt work

KonTiki 10-14-2005 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siralston
that link didnt work

Sorry do not know why it didnt, i edited the post but here it is again:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...6300#post76300

zman442 10-17-2006 06:46 PM

Google Maps for 8700

Can someone post or send me the .alx and .cod for the most recent version of Google Maps?

safah 10-17-2006 08:18 PM

xombi, if you are successful at this, please share the alx/cod version of google talk

Thanks,

jayavel 09-27-2007 10:15 PM

How to create *.alx file

I have a blackberry output as *.jad , *.jar and *.cod, please help to create the ALX file.

KingPen 10-09-2007 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safah (Post 348159)
xombi, if you are successful at this, please share the alx/cod version of google talk

Thanks,

I too would like to have the google talk alx and cod files

kleinfelter 01-15-2008 02:29 PM

Some ALX Files

2 Attachment(s)
You need to download the COD files from Google. (You can do it via your PC.) ALX files are easy to create. Here are some useful ones to get you started:
  • Google Sync
  • Opera 4 Mini

The Google Sync one is interesting because you need multiple COD files. Google Sync is available at (you need all 3):

marq528 01-16-2008 02:03 PM

Wow thanks

Thanks kleinfelter for the cod links and alx..
Is that for the google calendar sync? I have been searching for it everywhere..
There are many 3rd party apps, most from google that I am trying to get alx/cod or jad/jar for so I can non-ota install to my BB.. How did you do it? HOW?
Thanks so much for your help,
Mark.

jose_416 02-12-2008 12:49 AM

HEY PPL i am new to this site and a new BB use i jsut got my BB pearl last week (8130) and i have 150 games that are java based my buddy gave it to me but i cant load them to my BB cuz they are JAR and not COD or ALX... can someone plz help me out here i wud like to to convert the jar to cod or alx and can i have directions on how to i am a noobie and this is my first BB.. so for the love of god help me out ppl...:?

thank you

eliteblaze 03-16-2008 06:11 PM

awesome, I was just looking for this!.

PS. Erm anyone having trouble downloading the attachment?

adrestrepo 03-21-2008 03:25 AM

fnnnnn

jlo1969 05-01-2008 07:39 AM

I'm having a problem downloading the create_alx.zip as well - any chance someone can email it to me? :)

~Gina

Nextel User 05-01-2008 11:54 PM

why did no one suggest putting the jad/jar files on the media card (if you have one) and use the phone explorer. just install from there.

StarsNStraps 06-03-2008 10:11 PM

to do this

To load from your phone use the BB Desktop's Media manager. On the left hand side on the bottom, create a new folder inside any folder. Then on the left hand side on the top click the folder icon and look for the jar program you want to install. Drag it to the right on the big open area. On your phone go to the Media program then click the blackberry button then explore.. go to the folder you made and load it up.

vespinoza 12-04-2008 06:10 PM

Does anyone know how I can take a .jad file and create the .cod, .xml, and any other files I will need to deploy an app to my BlackBerrys via BlackBerry Enterprise Manager (BES)? I've been searching, and I can't find anything that addresses how to do that. I have the JDE component and .jad file, but that's as far as I've gotten. Thanks!

PDM 12-04-2008 06:20 PM

Brandon's tool here should help you create the appropriate files :
BSCreations! - Homepage