BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   GPS & Mapping (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   MoosTrax.com (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=157132)

xoclipse 10-30-2008 03:36 AM

MoosTrax.com

Hi all,

I run the BlackBerryTracker.com site, and I am shutting it down and replacing it on October 31, 2008.

The site hasn't been worked on in a long time, as I have been preparing the replacement, MoosTrax.com, which is now live.

The new site offers a hopefully cleaner interface and should be much more stable, including the client.

Currently, Live Tracking, History, and the Facebook Application all work great.

If you are interested, check it out at MoosTrax - Home.

For more information, visit: MoosTrax Site Launch at chris moos’s blog

edislasm 11-03-2008 12:28 PM

Problems with Moostrax

Hi.

I had Blackberrytracker installed. Now I installed Moostrax, but there is no icon for the application on my "desktop". Is this normal? How do I set it up?.

I'm running OS 4.5 on a Pearl 8130.

Best regards

egruber 11-03-2008 07:27 PM

I really liked BBTracker, but have had no luck with Moostrax. On my ATT Curve on 4.5 it never initiates the GPS. On our Sprint 8820 with 4.3 it says it started GPS but we don't see any coordinates like BBtracker. And there is no program icon..it's under Options. And it no longer shows PINs. It's now Device ID, which I cannot relate to our BBs.

Regardless of what I try, I cannot show any history or live tracking on the website, either. The devices are listed, but that's it.

So far, I liked the old product a whole lot better. Any chance of bringing it back?

buneech 11-04-2008 05:27 AM

I have installed MoosTrax, but i cannot get it to login. With this problem, i also cannot assign devices to my profile.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to log in, just had to set the APN settings.
I'll test how it's working.

Phrozen Horse 11-04-2008 04:59 PM

Installed - no icon. Tried pulling the battery, but no luck.
Any advice?

buneech 11-05-2008 04:58 AM

There is no icon, go to settings, and there you will see MoosTrax.

Still doesn't work for me, i see my device in devices menu, but the location isn't working.

estrov 11-05-2008 04:05 PM

Installed on my 8800. Logs in fine, but never sends GPS data. This program may not work with OS 4.5!

The GeoFence option is the most attractive to me. Once this becomes available, I would be willing to try again.

egruber 11-12-2008 01:33 PM

Can't you bring back Blackberry Tracker? Remember the expression...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. We were very happy with what was there. Can't it be left alone? I for one, don't need/want any of the improvements with Moostrax. It was perfect for my needs.

sremick 11-13-2008 04:21 PM

I like the idea of Moostrax, unfortunately the GPS signal maps me all over creation, even when I stay within a few miles. In the past 3 days, it thinks I've wandered up to Ontario for a while, and as far West as New Mexico and Arizona. When in reality I've been within a 10 mile radius of my house in Vermont.

zirconx 11-20-2008 01:56 PM

It doesn't work for me, either. I followed all the instructions

- installed the software on my BB
- googled to figure out why there was no icon for it, just like everyone else, and ended up here.
- went into settings like is mentioned here, but there are no settings whatsoever - it just tells you some version information
- logged into the account from the BB (using the browser, I assume thats what I'm supposed to do)
- but when I log in to the account from my PC (or BB), it still says I have no devices registered

If the developer needs some help, I'm willing to - although I don't know Java, I do work with other web programming languages.

fokozuynen 12-07-2008 12:35 PM

Moostrax

I have log in and was work even the map where i was is was working ,on Bòackberry 8110 , but after a couple of days it was not working any more to log in the moostrax page from my pc.
And about the icon is normaly to not be a icon if someone is gone take youre phone you will be able to see where is it .

egruber 12-16-2008 03:26 PM

What ever happened with this one? Do we have a functioning app somewhere?

takeshi 12-17-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by egruber (Post 1157118)
I really liked BBTracker

Note that bbTracker and BlackberryTracker are 2 entirely different apps. ;-)

pshift 12-17-2008 11:30 AM

Their website is down. I'd like to try their replacement program as well.

meanasspenguin 01-14-2009 04:13 PM

Still Down?

The moostrax.com site was up for a bit and working, but now it's down again.