BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   I am OCD and dropped my BlackBerry (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=137662)

rangerrob 06-30-2008 09:51 AM

I am OCD and dropped my BlackBerry

Okay so I just got my beautiful new 8330 and got this stupid holset clip for it from Verizon. Wel, I dropped it on the concrete and scratched the case on the left side. I can't stand it scratched.

My question is, Where can I go to have just the front of the phone replced. I just need the front plastic housing replace. Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks.

RR

ma077146 06-30-2008 09:59 AM

The lowest cost would likely be to order a housing online. There are several companies that distribute them. Do a web search for something like "8330 replacement housing" and you should find them.

JSanders 06-30-2008 10:01 AM

Just go direct to the best:
HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center ß

dwp1975 06-30-2008 10:14 AM

Wirelessly posted

Worse case scenerios if you have insurance just make a claim and for $50 they will send you a new one.

Dawg 06-30-2008 10:22 AM

I call em battle scars that way they dont get me upset. I am usually glad when I get the first scratch that way I dont have to baby it as much anymore.

greggebhardt 06-30-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 994040)
I call em battle scars that way they dont get me upset. I am usually glad when I get the first scratch that way I dont have to baby it as much anymore.

With the OP's 2 posts, I am not sure if they are ready for their first battle scars! <vbg>

I remember watching a guy drop and accidently kick hisbrand new Blackberry in the parking lot outside the ATT store! He must have kicked it just right as it went about 20 feet face down across the concrete! I will never forget the look of horror when he picked his new baby up and looked at the screen!

The BlackBerry Kid 06-30-2008 11:18 AM

i feel so bad for that guy, i hope he went in and told them, if the dude at the counter is nice enough they will sometimes switch it out for you within the 14 day return policy. they could jut switch boxes and say they recieved it that way, that is what i would do to keep the customer happy.

Dawg 06-30-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggebhardt (Post 994093)
With the OP's 2 posts, I am not sure if they are ready for their first battle scars! <vbg>

I remember watching a guy drop and accidently kick hisbrand new Blackberry in the parking lot outside the ATT store! He must have kicked it just right as it went about 20 feet face down across the concrete! I will never forget the look of horror when he picked his new baby up and looked at the screen!

I was lying they aggravate me too but thats the way I cope with them

Roll 06-30-2008 11:29 AM

And to think I was starting to worry over some minor marks on the back of my Curve from sitting it down on hard surfaces. Was thinking about trying to polish them out....

Maybe I should relax. lol

Gary

oakie 06-30-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggebhardt (Post 994093)

i love it when that happens right after they choose against buying accessories in lieu of "getting them cheaper online".

true to an extent, but i'm sure he cried about not buying a case at the store.

my family room and kitchen have sandstone flooring... i always leave my berry in the oem horizontal leather case around the house to prevent a tragedy. but i still have an extra complete housing in the closet in case tragedy strikes.

The BlackBerry Kid 06-30-2008 11:30 AM

they piss me off because they make your berry look like a brick with all the dips and chips. i almost cried the first time i dropped my pearl, it was a dark day.....i need a moment of silence.
sometimes the scars could have a cool story behind it, or a funny one, but they still piss me off.

greggebhardt 06-30-2008 11:31 AM

It was sad, he was only 17-18 years old. I did not hang around but would like to think that the ATT store did something for him!

Dawg 06-30-2008 11:34 AM

wait till you watch it slide off the hood and under the tire of a power truck knowing you are out of work and cant afford a new one. then talk to me about wanting to cry.

But it had a happy ending thanks to this site.

The BlackBerry Kid 06-30-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggebhardt (Post 994166)
It was sad, he was only 17-18 years old. I did not hang around but would like to think that the ATT store did something for him!

i'm 16. he probably spent a paycheck on his new device, i really hope they did something for him, i would have went to get him, bring him back in the store, and demand that the cingular people do something for him.

oakie 06-30-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The BlackBerry Kid (Post 994175)
i'm 16. he probably spent a paycheck on his new device, i really hope they did something for him, i would have went to get him, bring him back in the store, and demand that the cingular people do something for him.

demand what?

demand they tell him not to be so clumsy? why should the store have to pay for a customer's clumsiness? i'm sure they had cases he coulda bought to protect his asset, but chose not to. they probably also offered him asurion insurance, too.

Dawg 06-30-2008 11:41 AM

Oh boy here we go.

The BlackBerry Kid 06-30-2008 11:41 AM

i meant that i would have been like, can he return it and get a new one before the policy runs out? could you just switch it out?

oakie 06-30-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawg (Post 994184)
Oh boy here we go.

customer entitlement irks me.

The BlackBerry Kid 06-30-2008 11:42 AM

or could you give him a discount on an accessory?

CSO 06-30-2008 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangerrob (Post 993997)
My question is, Where can I go to have just the front of the phone replced. I just need the front plastic housing replace. Any ideas or suggestions??

RR

8310 - Dopod/O2, SonyEricsson, Motorola, BlackBerry, Alcatel, Nokia, NEC, Microsoft, 3G