BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   9000 Forum should be closed for now! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=137520)

greggebhardt 06-29-2008 08:20 AM

9000 Forum should be closed for now!

<vbg>

Not much need for it for another rmonth or so!

jimpilot 06-29-2008 08:30 AM

What would I do for my hourly rumor fix?

I know, I know, they're all WAGs, but it gives me something to do until Aug.

greggebhardt 06-29-2008 09:16 AM

After last week, I would think that most would not want to hear rumors!

What a mess!

Oh well the BIS update will have to hold me for a while.

mortys11 06-29-2008 10:15 AM

where will all us happy rogers 9000 owners post next week?

akosnitzky 06-29-2008 10:41 AM

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggebhardt

What a mess!

At least some of you benefit from the BIS update? : -(

Blackberryer 06-29-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggebhardt (Post 992704)

What a mess!

I have a solution to your problem, my friend. You see that "General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold" link?

Don't click on it.

:)

ash_786 06-29-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackberryer (Post 992848)
I have a solution to your problem, my friend. You see that "General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold" link?

Don't click on it.

LOL - GOOD IDEA.

I love hearing all the rumours, So I wouldnt want this forum to be closed.

jrmtl 06-29-2008 11:57 AM

Or just rename it the " The Rogers 9000 series forum for a month "

Cory Scheuer 06-29-2008 12:41 PM

ahaahahaha ^ nice one...

greggebhardt 06-29-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackberryer (Post 992848)

Don't click on it.

Wow if only I was so clever as you!

Cory Scheuer 06-29-2008 02:21 PM

Greggebhardt, if the 9000 section were to be closed, then the 9100 and the 9300 should be as well as those are both rumored devices and not confirmed by RIM. so it doesnt make sense.... like blackberryer said, if you dont want to know/see about all the rumors then dont look at this section of the forum... plain and simple...

Shaun 06-29-2008 02:25 PM

As much as I laughed at Morty and Blackberryer... I do have to agree with Greg on this. It will keep the 9000 Forum clear of threads that belong squarely in the Rumor Mill, and when the 9000 does get released, then it will be for threads directly related to owning, maintaining, and purchasing the device.

Blackberryer 06-29-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun27612 (Post 993009)
As much as I laughed at Morty and Blackberryer... I do have to agree with Greg on this. It will keep the 9000 Forum clear of threads that belong squarely in the Rumor Mill, and when the 9000 does get released, then it will be for threads directly related to owning, maintaining, and purchasing the device.

I think the only problem with that is it runs the risk of turning Rumor Mill into the defacto 9000 forum until launch. I see absolutely no harm in keeping all of this info and non-info under one tidy roof.

greggebhardt 06-30-2008 06:00 AM

Quote:

Yep, if the mods removed the rumors this place would have only about 5 threads!

To you others, please note the: <vbg>

I want the 9000 as bad as you, just venting a little that we all got so excited for nothing.

LET THE AUGUST RUMORS BEGIN!

djransom 06-30-2008 02:46 PM

I think once iPhone 3G drops and consumers pick it up and realize that it's really not that much of an upgrade moreso an update you'll have people returning their iPhones for BBs. This is just my theory.

stranger 06-30-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djransom (Post 994576)
I think once iPhone 3G drops and consumers pick it up and realize that it's really not that much of an upgrade moreso an update you'll have people returning their iPhones for BBs. This is just my theory.

can anyone say random?

JG in SB 07-01-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

But where will people go to argue about whether or not it is better than an iPhone or the iPhone is better than it? Or which device is going to "kill" the other?

Seriously I am with you. I like how well you defined the scope for the eventual 9000 forum. As for the inevitable posts described in my first paragraph, maybe we should initiate a "Pointless Arguments" forum so that people who are actually seeking to observe and or participate in such debate will have an easier time finding what they are looking for, and the rest of us won't have to read through all of it. ;)

BBSwany 07-01-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG in SB (Post 995898)
But where will people go to argue about whether or not it is better than an iPhone or the iPhone is better than it? Or which device is going to "kill" the other?

Seriously I am with you. I like how well you defined the scope for the eventual 9000 forum. As for the inevitable posts described in my first paragraph, maybe we should initiate a "Pointless Arguments" forum so that people who are actually seeking to observe and or participate in such debate will have an easier time finding what they are looking for, and the rest of us won't have to read through all of it. ;)

Hahaha! Or at least a Rumors Area specific to the 9000. Because I don't think there has been a decent thread started that relates to the device or features.

numetheus 07-01-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djransom (Post 994576)

How is it not a major upgrade? There will be a HUGE market of high quality 3rd party software due to the best SDK out for a mobile platform, and portable console like 3D graphics. High speed Internet everywhere AND GPS? I don't get how its just an update. My iPhone right now is just for entertainment and BlackBerry is for serious stuff. With 3rd party support and full broadband it will be more of an on-the-go Internet workhorse than my BB curve with EDGE can ever be.

greggebhardt 07-02-2008 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numetheus (Post 996656)
How is it not a major upgrade? There will be a HUGE market of high quality 3rd party software due to the best SDK out for a mobile platform, and portable console like 3D graphics. High speed Internet everywhere AND GPS? I don't get how its just an update. My iPhone right now is just for entertainment and BlackBerry is for serious stuff. With 3rd party support and full broadband it will be more of an on-the-go Internet workhorse than my BB curve with EDGE can ever be.

You are singing to the wrong choir!