BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   (at&t) Bb 8310 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=135901)

neftv 06-19-2008 09:26 AM

(at&t) Bb 8310

I have this phone now for like 3 weeks and its growing on me. Going from the Moto T720 to this is like going from Eniac to a new desktop computer (almost). I got Google maps, AmazeGPS, BB Maps, Opera Mini, and on a Trial of VNC+ for remote desktop. If anyone knows of a free version of remote desktop for Blackberry Please let me know.
But the other reason I am writing, is there a software that counts up daytime voice mins for you from 6am to 9pm weekdays until I reset it? This Blackberry is a mini computer and someone has to have something like that, any thoughts? Or the other option is if there is a software that takes the call logs and make a report for you based on daytime minutes (6am to 9pm daily).
I also wonder if there is any benefit if such an application exists to have voicemail on the phone in other words I dont use my AT&T voicemail and just have the phone take the message and I listen to the message from the phone itself. Thoughts, suggestions?

TonyMobile 06-19-2008 09:31 AM

I know you can get that info on AT&T's website after logging in and going to the account screens. I don't know of a program that does it for you on the actual unit. Sorry.

cookes713 06-19-2008 12:44 PM

i believe that you can dial *min from your phone and that should give you a breakdown as well

takeshi 06-19-2008 02:49 PM

I can't see anyone bothering with such a specifically one-off app especially considering that you can just use *MIN#.

neftv 06-19-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takeshi (Post 978616)
I can't see anyone bothering with such a specifically one-off app especially considering that you can just use *MIN#.

hmmm, How do you dial * on a blackberry 8310. When I do it as soon as I put m it puts an A before it? So I end up with *Amin#
I was hoping that I wouldn't have to use any air minutes to check this. I know I can browse the web and get it in my account but that is a day behind. Iwas wondering if somehow I can collect the information from the call logs.

devnull 06-19-2008 05:00 PM

Never used this and it seems a bit old, but it might be what you are looking for.

Phone Minutes Tracker BlackBerry 2.1 Free Download

heh, i found the above because I was searching google for how to put in the "*MIN#" sequence on my berry as well. :)

neftv 06-19-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devnull (Post 978787)
Never used this and it seems a bit old, but it might be what you are looking for.

heh, i found the above because I was searching google for how to put in the "*MIN#" sequence on my berry as well. :)

Hey thats a nice find. I am trying that software out and I am finding slight difference in some of the calls. It seem like on a couple of them AT&T has added one min more than the software is showing. Like a call was 5 min 40 sec and on ATT web site it appear as 7 min. Then there is other ones that round up to the next min as I would expect to see.
My billing starts on the 13th and Software shows I used 89 mins and AT&T is showing 93 mins. So I don't know what that means. Who is right?
Has anyone ever checked the accuracy of the mins on the AT&T web site?

wjackson81 06-19-2008 11:17 PM

youll have to turn off your autotext. With the full qwerty I find it rather pointless. I prreciate it correcting my punctuation but I dont like that I cant refer to minnesota as MN without having to f-around with the del and space keys for 30 seconds (still havent figured out exactly what I do to let it know I want mn not minutes)

Sith_Apprentice 06-19-2008 11:23 PM

type mn hit space, it will change to minute, hit backspace, it will change back to mn, hit space again and type

wjackson81 06-19-2008 11:25 PM

many thanks sith.. trying to figure out what I was actually doing was annoying the crap out of me. Will that work for the people who are having the *m/am problem too?

wjackson81 06-19-2008 11:26 PM

^no it doesnt, but if you hold shift-m it works fine.

wjackson81 06-19-2008 11:27 PM

update 2... well it works for the M... then you have to do it for the I and the N... I cant get it to end with a # yet.

neftv 06-20-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjackson81 (Post 979194)
update 2... well it works for the M... then you have to do it for the I and the N... I cant get it to end with a # yet.

I can add the *MIN# in the address book as a home number for Minutes. Works that way. Then you get a SMS message that ATT sends you. That is probably a dime to get that too.

devnull 06-20-2008 07:34 AM

Wirelessly posted

Great!! I opted out of the whole sms/txt thing when I purchased my plan. I guess this short cut won't work for me.

neftv 06-26-2008 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devnull (Post 978787)

My trial is over on this software and I cant seem to register it because its not where it says to register it. The sight just doesn't have the software. Any ideas?

Stickseler 06-26-2008 10:36 PM

I have an AT&T curve and can go to the MEdiaNet screen and check my used minutes on all 4 phone numbers on my plan.

Just scroll to My Account

neftv 06-26-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickseler (Post 989763)
I have an AT&T curve and can go to the MEdiaNet screen and check my used minutes on all 4 phone numbers on my plan.

Just scroll to My Account

Thanks, I didn't see that you could do that.

neisenbraun 08-11-2008 11:41 PM

wjackson,

I'm in Kenosha.. If your phone is anything like my 8330.. well, in mine I go to options, autotext and you can edit your mn issue there.