BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Versus (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Which is more rugged: Iphone or Curve ? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=133032)

SkullCandy 06-02-2008 04:00 PM

Which is more rugged: Iphone or Curve ?

Which one is more rugged in terms of resistance to scratches, falls etc, the blackberry or the iphone ?

penguin3107 06-02-2008 04:03 PM

The iPhone screen is less susceptible to scratching, since it's made of glass.
Neither of them are going to do very well as the result of a drop, as neither are very rugged on their own.

Get a good case for each, and both of them will be equally protected.

JD914 06-02-2008 04:06 PM

I own both and thats a tough call. I would say the curve is more rugged. The iPhone's aluminum back is prone to be easly dented and it's chrome bezel is easily scratched. The most durable feature of the IPhone is it's virtually scratch proof glass screen. The BB's weakness is it's plastic screen which you definitely need a screen protector.

SkullCandy 06-02-2008 04:29 PM

Why didnt RIM put in scratch resistant glass screens in the blackberries ?:-?
I hate seeing the blackberries lose out in any way ...:cry:

Cabinets 06-02-2008 06:12 PM

Wirelessly posted (8300)

I've had both. The iPhone is much more durable. Glass front, solid back. Heavier all around. Don't get me wrong, ieventually sold the iPhone because I prefer the Curve, but it's less durable.

infernox 06-02-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkullCandy (Post 953485)

I'm guess because of weight and cost???

GolfGuy1981 06-02-2008 08:49 PM

Heres a legitimate example of the iPhones durability:

YouTube - iPhone's first scratch/crash test ever! -iPhone Stress Test

JD914 06-02-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkullCandy (Post 953485)

The plastic screen cheapens the BB in my opinion. This is something RIM needs to improve upon.

sh0n 06-02-2008 09:34 PM

WOW, I had no idea. I baby my iphone as if it were a 2 day old infant. My curve has been through hell and back, and minus a few scratches its flawless.

I have had to replace my curve do to a 3 story drop, the only thing that wouldnt work was the camera, otherwise it was fine. I cant imagine the iphone making it through with such minimal damage in a senerio like that.

The rubber skin for the curve is super amazing. Seems to turn your bb into a tennis ball. MIght want to look into 1 of those. 9.99 to protect the holy bb.

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

SkullCandy 06-02-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh0n (Post 953838)

The rubber skin for the curve is super amazing. Seems to turn your bb into a tennis ball. MIght want to look into 1 of those. 9.99 to protect the holy bb.

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

I already got a case to protect my due baby:oops: :
BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community - View Single Post - Anyone reccommend a good case/ holster clip for the curve?

sh0n 06-02-2008 10:09 PM

damn, I would call that protection, +1..

gadgetfanatic 06-02-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkullCandy (Post 953446)
Which one is more rugged in terms of resistance to scratches, falls etc, the blackberry or the iphone ?

um.......neither!!

ChelseaBlue 06-03-2008 05:32 AM

I have both and would definatly say that the i-phone is far more robust. I have dropped the i-phone from quite a height and it has also been soaked in my golf bag during down pour. It still keeps ticking though.
The Blackberry's screen can easily scratch and I see no end of problems in regards to the pearl button stopping to work and general faults with the devices.

Chris Straker 07-19-2008 07:14 AM

Gave iphone to teenage daughter ........ now using Curve on O2 (grown up phone) ............ not marked my new toy but old one was looking a bit sorry for itself after a few months :cry:

ArgonNJ 07-19-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GolfGuy1981 (Post 953801)
Heres a legitimate example of the iPhones durability:

YouTube - iPhone's first scratch/crash test ever! -iPhone Stress Test

Its built like a tank.

strike2tamu 07-19-2008 05:49 PM

Not real sure about the curve, but if the case is anything like the 8700 its a tank. My wife has dropped hers from a 2 story building to only sustain scratches to the case. She keeps in her purse w/ keys, minor scratches still. I can't believe it still turns on honestly.

gbplay10s 07-20-2008 10:58 PM

JD has it right (I also have both). All of the iPhone EXCEPT the screen can be dented or scratched. Mine has seen a few unintentional collisions, but the screen is PERFECT! Even the minor dents and scratches on my iPhone are really minor. 8-)

The screen on my curve on the other hand was scratched the very first time it went into my pocket (car keys are the suspect.) While the leather protective case is nice, it just makes it too large in my pocket and too difficult to take out when I need to take a call or use the GPS on the golf course. ~100 in and outs of that sleeve is too much effort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD914 (Post 953460)
I own both and thats a tough call. I would say the curve is more rugged. The iPhone's aluminum back is prone to be easly dented and it's chrome bezel is easily scratched. The most durable feature of the IPhone is it's virtually scratch proof glass screen. The BB's weakness is it's plastic screen which you definitely need a screen protector.

Mike Munoz 07-23-2008 05:11 PM

I have both and for me the Curve is just better.........less weight.......smaller screen = less chance of breakage (even with the I-Shield).........

techluvr1234 08-29-2008 09:20 PM

If you want durability, the Curve is the way to go. If I had an iPhone, that screen would break in five seconds in my hands.

richard371 09-04-2008 07:11 PM

Iphopne build quality is much better then the curve. The curve plastic squeeks, rubber peels off etc.