BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   T-Mobile's DASH (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=129473)

Homeuser66 05-12-2008 07:41 PM

T-Mobile's DASH

Hi, I have the 8700g right now and was looking to upgrade it to the DASH. Anyone out there use it? How do you like it? and is there a holster like the normal BB's, in other words,I like the feature that when you put the phone in the holster,it shuts down.....any advice is greatly appreciated..

TeritaM 05-12-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeuser66 (Post 927375)
Hi, I have the 8700g right now and was looking to upgrade it to the DASH. Anyone out there use it? How do you like it? and is there a holster like the normal BB's, in other words,I like the feature that when you put the phone in the holster,it shuts down.....any advice is greatly appreciated..

the dash might possibly be the worst phone ever.

kjjb0204 05-12-2008 10:14 PM

You're not likely to get too many favorable words if you're looking to switch AWAY from a blackberry device. If you've enjoyed the 8700g and Tmobile, why not try the Curve or 8800 series and stay in the BB family?

conmetal 05-13-2008 08:11 AM

I owned two Dash prior to the Curve, one lost and sold the other two weeks after replacing the previous one. Enjoyed it's ability to pretty much do anything with ease, however I'm not an application hound and did not face problems as many people did with locking up or crashing. I used it mostly for email, web browsing and other various multi-media. For those functions it performed well, however the Curve does them much better. Faster data, PIN messaging at no additional cost, feels more secure in the hand and is a bit smaller.

Another thing is I wanted to take a break from the World of Microsoft. WM6 was pretty smooth, but not as smooth as RIM software.

If you do a google search for Curve Vs Dash you will find quite a few in depth comparisons. Some biased towards the Dash and other for the Curve. In the wins for the Dash, they were only due to the comparison was not with the wifi enable 8320.

Here's a link to one comparison of a long time Dash owner that converted to the Curve 8320: Agave Mountain: BlackBerry Curve 83xx versus T-Mobile DASH

scottjb 05-13-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeuser66 (Post 927375)
... and is there a holster like the normal BB's, in other words,I like the feature that when you put the phone in the holster,it shuts down.....any advice is greatly appreciated..

Windows Mobile devices do not have this feature.

nchavez 05-13-2008 12:29 PM

I used to have a Dash (briefly) before returning back to the BB family (Curve). In my opinion, the Dash has clearer pictures, but that's all that it has over the Curve. I HATE Windows based phones. Everytime you are running multiple applications, you have to stop, go to Task Manager and stop other apps. :x Additionally, the buttons are too small in my opinion once again to type normally. Most of my emails or text messages came out like this:

heyt whatsa upp, sorryu forr thee typpinge errore butt mye buttonas are toop smalla.

You get my point --small buttons. ;-)

Homeuser66 05-13-2008 03:33 PM

Ok, Thank you all!! you saved me my hard earned $$$....I will keep looking and doing research. I actually thought the Dash was a Blackberry...silly me....lol

Dinan3 05-13-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeuser66 (Post 928669)
Ok, Thank you all!! you saved me my hard earned $$$....I will keep looking and doing research. I actually thought the Dash was a Blackberry...silly me....lol

lol. the dash is made by a company called "HTC", they're mostly windows mobile based devices. A co-worker of mine uses one and he constantly complains about it "very sluggish" Since you're with t-mobile and is already familiar with blackberry, i would highly recommend the Blackberry 8820. Most notible for the GPS+wifi+UMA. (y)

Dinan3 05-13-2008 04:29 PM

::edit::

double post, sorry.

Homeuser66 05-13-2008 05:10 PM

Thank you Diana3

LunkHead 05-13-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeritaM (Post 927379)
the dash might possibly be the worst phone ever.

Agree had it for 4 days and sent it back with the quickness.... Garbage

Homeuser66 05-13-2008 08:06 PM

Ok, so I won't get it....Thanks!

The BlackBerry Kid 05-14-2008 03:56 PM

i like them, looked into buying one, but stick with blackberry, they are classier, and waay better, plus, what would you do with us????

Homeuser66 05-14-2008 07:54 PM

True, so True....forgetabout it!!!...lol