BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Is this possible? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=126903)

SmoothRunnings 04-24-2008 05:49 PM

Is this possible?

Is it possible to remove the following from BPS 4.1.4A?

Setup Wizard
Compose
Saved Messages
Browser
WAP Bowser (from provider)
Alarm
Send Voice Note
Help
Search
Email Settings

I have been looking through the IT Policy and have a hard time figuring out what's what with respect to these kinds of things? Also if I can't remove some or all of these in BPS 4.1.4A is there away to set the IT policy to hide the ICONs and now allow the user to view the hidden Icons?

Thanks
Andrew

sferical 04-25-2008 06:10 AM

The IT Policy give the options to remove the following:

Browser

All others cannot be removed.

SmoothRunnings 04-25-2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sferical (Post 907689)
The IT Policy give the options to remove the following:

Browser

All others cannot be removed.

How do I remove them? I have found one option area that says "allow phone" and "allow browser", I said false for the browser and pushed the IT Policy to my 8820 which got it but I still see the browser... I know with SBS (the version before BPS) that when I disabled those two in the IT policy (were I can't remember now) the icon too would leave..

I had a look at my friends EMC Blackberry and the above ICONs have been removed, they are not hidden either. So there must be away to remove them!

Is it possible to lock the IT policy so that no one can hack it and bypass it?

Thanks
Andrew

penguin3107 04-25-2008 07:44 AM

Andrew,

I would suggest taking some formal BES admin training classes or read up on the BES administration documentation.
While this forum is good for specific BES admin related issues... it seems you're in a bit over your head by the nature of your questions.

Even the most basic BES admin training will address the questions and issues you are presenting here.

knottyrope 04-25-2008 08:03 AM

Agreed.

rDeuce 04-25-2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knottyrope (Post 907763)
Agreed.

I am sorry(n)

SmoothRunnings 04-25-2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 907749)
Andrew,

I would suggest taking some formal BES admin training classes or read up on the BES administration documentation.
While this forum is good for specific BES admin related issues... it seems you're in a bit over your head by the nature of your questions.

Even the most basic BES admin training will address the questions and issues you are presenting here.

Even though I agree to disagree with your comments this site is called "blackberryforums" and currently there isn't anything on this site that says you must carry some kind of Blackberry training before interacting or asking questions here.

Your attitude is very much like the *nix supporters who say go read the manual and come and talk to us. Hence why there are still more Windows boxes the face of this earth than *nix ones, and if Apple has their way in the next couple of years they'll be putting a huge dent on the RIM market. ;-)

I am asking simple questions, which require simple answers I am sure. It's not my fault you don't want to take the time to explain something...

Regards,
Andrew

penguin3107 04-25-2008 09:13 AM

Take the chip off your shoulder and go read the manual, Andrew.

Cheers!

SmoothRunnings 04-25-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 907828)
Take the chip off your shoulder and go read the manual, Andrew.

Cheers!

I read the manual now answer my questions or stop wasting peoples time here on this site.

I have a great day!

penguin3107 04-25-2008 09:19 AM

I'm not wasting anyone's time, Andrew.
You, on the other hand, have wasted enough of mine with your childish, lazy antics.

Maybe someone a bit more tolerant will offer a helpful hand.
Until that person comes along, keep on reading those admin docs.

knottyrope 04-25-2008 09:40 AM

Forums are not guaranteed to give you answers.

lunchboxfett 04-25-2008 10:03 AM

Highlight the icon you want to hide on the device and hold the ALT button and click the trackball and you will have an option to Hide the icon. This will not remove it but will hide them on your device so you don't have to scroll over it. You can also rearrange the icon order with this method.

jsconyers 04-25-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothRunnings (Post 907746)
I have found one option area that says "allow phone" and "allow browser", I said false for the browser and pushed the IT Policy to my 8820...

Thanks
Andrew

Andrew,

You said the icon still shows, have you tried to use the browser since applying this policy?

NJBlackBerry 04-25-2008 10:27 AM

Let's keep this on topic - if it gets out of hand, it will be closed.

scott_perry 04-25-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothRunnings (Post 907746)
How do I remove them? I have found one option area that says "allow phone" and "allow browser", I said false for the browser and pushed the IT Policy to my 8820 which got it but I still see the browser... I know with SBS (the version before BPS) that when I disabled those two in the IT policy (were I can't remember now) the icon too would leave..

I had a look at my friends EMC Blackberry and the above ICONs have been removed, they are not hidden either. So there must be away to remove them!

Is it possible to lock the IT policy so that no one can hack it and bypass it?

Thanks
Andrew

In your IT Policy, you need to set "Allow IBS Browser" to false under Browser Policy Group as well.