BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   WiFi HotZone (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   bb8820 - can't use yahoo messenger, google talk, ... with wifi connection (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=115317)

b:z 01-30-2008 11:43 AM

bb8820 - can't use yahoo messenger, google talk, ... with wifi connection

Hi,

I can't make all applications such as yahoo messenger, google talk, ... work with wifi connection. If i try to use yahoo messeger or google talk, the error show as:
" Service not enabled for this handled "

And with Numbuzz (initial testing connection at the first time use):

Error
Testing socket connection...Failed
Testing HTTP connection...Failed
A suitable connection could not be found
Please check your network settings or your network coverage

And operamini is also in same situation, can not connect to the internet.

Could anyone tell me why problem occurs on my phone?
Is it general problem for BB 8820 (BB integrated wifi function phone)?
And please show me how to fix it. My phone is BB 8820 Orange France.

Thank you very much.

JSanders 01-30-2008 11:49 AM

Do you have d BB Data Plan?

Do you have your TCP settings enabled under Options > Advanced?

b:z 01-30-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 816403)
Do you have d BB Data Plan?

Do you have your TCP settings enabled under Options > Advanced?

No, i don't know :( because i am using GSM network, unlocked BB phone. In my country, BB does not public by mobile service provider.

Currently, my TCP settings is not been declared. Three options (APN, Username for APN, Password for APN) is blank.

Which info should i input into them?

b:z 02-02-2008 12:20 AM

any help on my problem. I am really getting stuck :(

thank you.

Berry One 02-02-2008 02:59 PM

Return your 8820 device. Without blackberry data plan it will be crippled.

hsuanstr 02-02-2008 09:48 PM

i dont have a bb data plan, however i have unlimited text, so i just called customer support and had them send me the books forever, however it gets very annoying because i have to call once a month to get them to resend the book, is there anyway i can do it so i dont have to call them every month

Berry One 02-03-2008 09:33 AM

When you are paying for BB data plan you are paying for service. If you are not paying for bb data plan you are not getting service people expect from blackberries.

It may sound really cruel and I apologise in advance for what I am about to say, but: just go and sign for blackberry data plan.

b:z 02-03-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berry One (Post 820226)
Return your 8820 device. Without blackberry data plan it will be crippled.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berry One
It may sound really cruel and I apologise in advance for what I am about to say, but: just go and sign for blackberry data plan.

Berry One, thanks for your reply, it can help the BB users who are in countries that BB service is available. It is easy to register BB data plan.
My matter, BB services (or data plan) is not available at my location. I am trying to find the way to use all popular internet applications (web/gps/instant mensseger) though BB wifi connection.

;)

JSanders 02-03-2008 10:00 PM

I think you have been given the best advice. If you internet use, you will need a different device because on a BB, you will need a data plan.

Especially if your country does not have a carrier with a Data Plan, you won't get the service you are asking for.

What country are you in?... it might help us help you if you said.

b:z 02-03-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 821410)
I think you have been given the best advice. If you internet use, you will need a different device because on a BB, you will need a data plan.

Especially if your country does not have a carrier with a Data Plan, you won't get the service you are asking for.

What country are you in?... it might help us help you if you said.

thanks JSanders, Vietnam is my 2nd country

;)

IRISBELR 11-29-2008 05:07 PM

The BB Data Plan its a stupid thing because with windows mobile you dont need a data plan for applications~!!! i hate the blackberry !!!

stonent 12-15-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISBELR (Post 1188653)
The BB Data Plan its a stupid thing because with windows mobile you dont need a data plan for applications~!!! i hate the blackberry !!!

Look maw ~!!! A troll ~!!!