BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Went with an iphone (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=181732)

abk2369 03-17-2009 10:24 PM

Went with an iphone

Are there any forums out there similar to these with people that will help with iphone apps/issues and such?

rikkieki 03-18-2009 03:42 AM

yes there are a few... but why would you even want to go there? :P

:bb: <3

test54 03-18-2009 07:46 AM

yes. one i use is the macrumors forums - iphone section is pretty good. but there are many out there.

another good one: iPhone 3G | iPod touch Forums - EverythingiCafe

h3LO 03-18-2009 09:38 AM

Apple & iPhone News | Forums | ModMyi.com

david9962000 03-20-2009 09:58 PM

Please come back!

Don't leave us

Helmdawg 03-20-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david9962000 (Post 1327669)
Don't leave us

He/she will be back... ;-)

LunkHead 03-21-2009 10:16 AM

Enjoy the iPhone but stick around here and let us know how it's going as well!!

Kris

abk2369 03-21-2009 01:51 PM

Thanks very much for the suggestions, and I won't leave I just couldn't find any good sites :P

The_conductor 03-22-2009 12:20 AM

sorry to hear you joined the cult of apple.Hows that black steve jobs shirt fitting you

abk2369 03-22-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_conductor (Post 1328576)
sorry to hear you joined the cult of apple.Hows that black steve jobs shirt fitting you

I could never join apple, they blow. I just got it for 99$ as an upgrade to my blackberry and it wasn't so bad.

sharpycl 03-22-2009 04:49 PM

I just got an iPhone on friday. So far it's going great. Still getting used to the touch screen, but definately a welcomed change for me. The iPhone plan is $20 cheaper than my blackberry plan with Verizon, i didn't really need push email, and was looking for a phone that could be my one in all device. Since most of my music is through iTunes and not a 100 percent iTunes plus upgraded yet, I decided to go with iPhone for a few years until it all is.

I loved my curve 8330. I had it since its release last year. So it's gonna be tough giving it to my bro who is a blackberry user, but I feel this is the right phone for me... for now.

I'll still be hanging around these forums if I'm still welcomed though. This community has always been friendly and helpfull to me.

ArgonNJ 03-23-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpycl (Post 1329117)
I just got an iPhone on friday. So far it's going great. Still getting used to the touch screen, but definately a welcomed change for me. The iPhone plan is $20 cheaper than my blackberry plan with Verizon, i didn't really need push email, and was looking for a phone that could be my one in all device. Since most of my music is through iTunes and not a 100 percent iTunes plus upgraded yet, I decided to go with iPhone for a few years until it all is.

I loved my curve 8330. I had it since its release last year. So it's gonna be tough giving it to my bro who is a blackberry user, but I feel this is the right phone for me... for now.

I'll still be hanging around these forums if I'm still welcomed though. This community has always been friendly and helpfull to me.

I may go back when the new hardware/iphone OS 3.0 comes out later this year. It looks pretty slick, the software anyway. The only thing at this point that I would really miss about the Blackberry is BB Messenger. Its so damn convenient! We'll have to see, I'm happy with my Bold for now.

sk8blackberry 03-24-2009 11:38 AM

my mom got an iPhone. i love all the cool apps that go with it and stuff. but in the end blackberry wins cuz the keyboard is easier to use. seprete keys aginst touch screen. both are good phones. but i will take my curve any day.

scaevola 03-25-2009 10:40 PM

my fat fingers> iphone touch screen....

autotext > ALL!

pffft ..does anyone really write thing out anymore? I write in 'short hand and my bb converts to the "proper formal english"

Unfortunately now forever chained to RIM....to bad apple won't allow additional entries to the on-board dictionary

sharpycl 03-26-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgonNJ (Post 1329656)
I may go back when the new hardware/iphone OS 3.0 comes out later this year. It looks pretty slick, the software anyway. The only thing at this point that I would really miss about the Blackberry is BB Messenger. Its so damn convenient! We'll have to see, I'm happy with my Bold for now.

I agree.. I miss my messenger buddies. They will be missed. If any of ya see this I miss talkin to you guys.

Honestly the 3.0 update is the reason why I went with iPhone. If it was never gonna pick up MMS and cut/copy/paste I would've never left my BB. OH! and they've add the use of the keyboard in vertical mode. Most apps that i've used thus far already have this and it is FAR more easier to type that way then in horizontal mode.

pypo 03-26-2009 09:36 AM

I went with the T-mobile G1.

abk2369 03-28-2009 02:31 PM

I'm going to post this as an "Update" to my situation, I've had the iphone for a while now and on the first day I jailbroke (I had no idea what I was doing but it was still very simple) and I have been enjoying 3rd party applications since then, I have also got a few apps from the app store and checked them out too. Overall I am very happy with the iPhone and have had 0 problems whatsoever (knock on wood).

Giselle9938 03-28-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpycl (Post 1329117)

:-(.... I miss you on BBM LOL!

Giselle9938 03-28-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpycl (Post 1333408)
I agree.. I miss my messenger buddies. They will be missed. If any of ya see this I miss talkin to you guys.

I miss you too LOL!

:smile:

sharpycl 03-29-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giselle9938 (Post 1335831)
I miss you too LOL!

:smile:

there's also the messengers (AIM, Yahoo, or now Windows Live) if you guys still wanna get a hold of me. Just take a look under my avatar to the left of this message and there you'll find me. They are always on- on my phone when I am not near my computer, but alas, i know it's not the same. :?