BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   GPS & Mapping (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Diagonal Lines in BB Maps (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=239478)

HiroK 11-07-2010 09:22 AM

Diagonal Lines in BB Maps

I am running BB Maps 5.0.0 on a 9700 with 5.0.0.979.

I can launch BB Maps. The app apparently plots my location, but only on a field of diagonal lines. I am not seeing any maps.

I've sent services books, registered with the network, and pulled the battery.

What am I missing?

nobody7290 11-07-2010 10:08 AM

This usually means, you have no connection to the server, or you are out of mobile network coverage.
in the the connection options, check if data services are on, and, also allow data services in roaming mode if needed.

some people say, AT&T blocks blackberry maps. I cannot confirm, because I dont use AT&T

HiroK 11-07-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobody7290 (Post 1671901)
This usually means, you have no connection to the server, or you are out of mobile network coverage.
in the the connection options, check if data services are on, and, also allow data services in roaming mode if needed.

some people say, AT&T blocks blackberry maps. I cannot confirm, because I dont use AT&T

Thanks.

I have coverage. Data services on. Roaming on. ATT may not be the problem since BB Maps working fine before upgrade to 5.0.0.979.

This leaves the connection to the server. How do I establish a connection to the server?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

nobody7290 11-07-2010 01:31 PM

The service book should take care for the connection to the server.

The last OS5 I had was .938. BBmaps worked perfect with this release for me.
Maybe if nobody else has an idead, downgrade to .938.

samnyemba 11-12-2010 04:33 AM

Re: Diagonal Lines in BB Maps

1. Can you manage to get internet? If not, try and having that, normally if you have internet then your BB Maps start working too.
2. If you can get the APN settings for AT&T then try have those set manually Options, Advanced Options, TCP or similar. and see whethere you can get internet ie Maps working

GustoTN 11-21-2010 12:42 PM

I have recently started having the same problem. It seems to coincide with my syncing my device to my BES at work. I thought that it worked the first day but I could be wrong. Now all I get are the diagonal lines, the arrows in the top right show data going in and out, but the top left blinks 0KB once in a while. I can turn on GPS and the arrow appears, but the map remains blank. Anyone know how to bypass this?

Network connection is fine, data is working, when I do a refresh on the GPS it does pull up coords (in advanced settings) although it wouldnt at first. No amount of soft resets have fixed this.

HiroK 11-26-2010 04:07 AM

I am able to use bb maps with no problems after falling back to bb is version .653 from version .979.

mebiuspower 11-26-2010 08:10 AM

Also seen this with a 9300 at work this week - has GPS lock but map is not downloading. Got him to use Google Maps instead.