BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Versus (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Got a Droid recently (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=216387)

TheBigNewt 01-11-2010 02:29 PM

Got a Droid recently

My wife got it actually. She'd used a Pearl then a Curve for 1.5 years and was due for a new unit and listened to the hype. She wanted it because it has a physical keyboard. Did a Google account before picking it up at the local store and the dude transferred her 70 some contacts no sweat (and they synch wirelessly with the Google account instantly-cool). Of course the strong point of the phone is the big screen. Email (gmail for her) is instant. SMS texting (her other main use) is just as easy as the Curve. She bought it because of the physical keyboard but now she only uses the touchscreen. The flat keyboard isn't very conducive to typing IMO, they should have made the phone thinner/lighter and bagged it. She doesn't mind because whe uses a purse, but pocketers will notice the heavier Droid right away. I covered the thing with BSE and she uses a leather pouch case too. The browser and Google voice search feature is excellent, just push a button, say your subject, and BAM, it's there. I haven't even turned the WiFi on because Vzn's 3G is pretty speedy (another reason we got it). The battery is just fine, but she's not a heavy user by any means. They separate your sms/mms from your email but that's no biggie. She doesn't mess with music. Video looks excellent on that screen (movie trailers, youtubes). Like I said she types pretty much the same as she did on her Curve. Overall it's a pretty impressive package and we haven't even messed with GPS or many apps yet. So far so good. I still love my 8900 for its compactness and being able to message quickly. But the android revolution is starting to pick up steam, I'll check out the Nexus 1 someday. Like I said, it's all about that big old screen.

akosnitzky 01-11-2010 02:48 PM

Good luck with the phone. I am curious about the Nexus One as well. As a friendly suggestion, please consider spacing your paragraphs. I am from Florida and we cant handle long single spaced paragraphs. :-)

kurichan 01-11-2010 03:23 PM

My experience with the Droid was that the interface was wonky and clunky - it didn't feel smooth and refined. Of course, this is something that Google can work through pretty quickly.

Newt, how does the interface feel to you? Do you agree/disagree with my assessment of it still being "clunky?"

ArgonNJ 01-11-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akosnitzky (Post 1545146)
Good luck with the phone. I am curious about the Nexus One as well. As a friendly suggestion, please consider spacing your paragraphs. I am from Florida and we cant handle long single spaced paragraphs. :-)

I wouldn't run and get the Nexus yet. I was reading some are having 3G issues with the phone. I'd wait till they get the bugs out first. Or just get the iphone :smile:

pshift 01-12-2010 09:16 AM

NE1 for a comparison of the Droid versus the Storm2? I'm due for an updated phone soon as well.

bold9000lakes 02-08-2010 06:13 PM

storm2 is very poor i heard.

vbuckjr 02-24-2010 02:31 PM

Storm2 is Awesome the 4 sensors instead of 1 has really improve the screen interface. The surepress works well for typing, able to sync iTune playlists to the included 16GB memory card. Use Where for local look up of restaurants, movies, business, and more. Facebook app able to keep up with status updates. Solid build able to listen to podcasts and audible books. NBC has an app to watch some shows on the Storm. Comes with Docs to Go so you can store MS documents and edit.