BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General Legacy Device Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Hi blackberry 7100g won't take my sim card (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=76405)

chriscib 05-13-2007 02:48 PM

Hi blackberry 7100g won't take my sim card

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all. I just aquired a 7100g that my uncle brought over from abroad, we don't have them here, or at least that I know of. Anyway, when we put our local carriers' sim card in, it says invalid sim card, and when we try to scan for network, it says Scan for networks failed, try again later. Any ideas pls?

NJBlackBerry 05-13-2007 03:18 PM

It sounds like it is SIM card locked....
Go into Options / Advanced / SIM card
Type meppd

A menu should appear; everything should read "Disabled". In Network shows "Active" it means the BB is locked and you must get it unlocked to use.

chriscib 05-13-2007 03:44 PM

Hi, thanks for replying to my post. Yes unfortunatly it says active on networks. Can i unlock it?

NJBlackBerry 05-13-2007 03:50 PM

Contact one of the commercial unlockers like GSMPhoneSource.Com or one of the sponsors here who do unlocks.

chriscib 05-13-2007 04:39 PM

ok thanks. i'll do that

muzars 05-23-2007 08:19 AM

in my hand set is
sim disabled
network active
network subset disabled
service provider disabled
corporate disabled
how to active this option please tell me i am new user

JSanders 05-23-2007 08:28 AM

muzars, scroll up to post #4 from NJBlackberry and read what he said.

muzars 05-23-2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 544196)
muzars, scroll up to post #4 from NJBlackberry and read what he said.

sir i have already use furious-Gold for code reading but that not read and one of my firend say to me flash it when i flash it then he say french file not available what shoud i do please help me

JSanders 05-23-2007 09:23 AM

Muzar--Do you want to unlock your BlackBerry for use on another Carrier?

Or do you want to install a different OS (Operating System) on the BlackBerry?

muzars 05-25-2007 07:06 AM

need flash file for 7100g brother

JSanders 05-25-2007 07:56 AM

It is apparent that you actually need to have your BB unlocked (to work on a different carrier than purchased from).

But if you want a "flash" file then go get yourself a "flash" file.

Good luck.

china_user 06-01-2007 11:14 AM

unlocking my 7100

I have an unlock code from Cingular and the Cingular rep told me to power on with the non-Cingular SIM but I don't see where I can enter the code. With this SIM (a working ChinaMobile SIM card) I get an error message under settings/options/SIM Card that reads "No valid SIM card". With the SIM card that came with the phone in the USA, the message reads "SIM Card: Security Disabled". But again, unclear to me where to enter the unlock code.
Please advise.

shookie 06-09-2007 06:18 PM

sim not registering idk plz hlp me

hi i just got the 7100g and ide like to use it for cell one the person i baught it from says its unlocked and i followed the instructions like the other guy says and were it says network after i typed in meppd it says inactive for network so wat now ??????? plz hlp

jham37 06-15-2007 03:35 PM

'no valid SIM'

Quote:

Originally Posted by china_user (Post 553027)
I have an unlock code from Cingular and the Cingular rep told me to power on with the non-Cingular SIM but I don't see where I can enter the code. With this SIM (a working ChinaMobile SIM card) I get an error message under settings/options/SIM Card that reads "No valid SIM card". With the SIM card that came with the phone in the USA, the message reads "SIM Card: Security Disabled". But again, unclear to me where to enter the unlock code.
Please advise.

I have the same problem, but in a different context. I was planning on migrating from T-Mobile to AT&T because T-Mobile's coverage is lousy where I am in US. The 7100t I had used in UK and Viet Nam, but it refused to recognize an Orange SIM in France. AT&T said if the device is unlocked, it is unlocked, no problem put our SIM in. When I did, it said 'no valid SIM' -- everybody figured it really is still locked, and one T-Mobile person said use it again on our network after using it overseas, it gets locked again. No, I finally get to a tech person at T-Mobile who really sounds like she knows her stuff, she says once unlocked, stays that way unless you go in with a new code to lock it again. But -- although I have unlock instructions from T-Mobile -- I can't get to the SIM card to use them; the device says 'no valid SIM card' whatever I put in [if I put the old, now inactive, T-Mobile SIM in it says 'SIM card rejected.'] T-Mobile now say, probably a hardware problem -- but pretty odd that it happened when we took the T-Mobile SIM out and put the AT&T one in, don't you think? Anyone got any ideas, or do I have to buy a new BlackBerry? This device is long out of warranty.

jham37 06-18-2007 07:35 AM

Problem resolved

Quote:

Originally Posted by jham37 (Post 570014)
I have the same problem, but in a different context. I was planning on migrating from T-Mobile to AT&T because T-Mobile's coverage is lousy where I am in US. The 7100t I had used in UK and Viet Nam, but it refused to recognize an Orange SIM in France. AT&T said if the device is unlocked, it is unlocked, no problem put our SIM in. When I did, it said 'no valid SIM' -- everybody figured it really is still locked, and one T-Mobile person said use it again on our network after using it overseas, it gets locked again. No, I finally get to a tech person at T-Mobile who really sounds like she knows her stuff, she says once unlocked, stays that way unless you go in with a new code to lock it again. But -- although I have unlock instructions from T-Mobile -- I can't get to the SIM card to use them; the device says 'no valid SIM card' whatever I put in [if I put the old, now inactive, T-Mobile SIM in it says 'SIM card rejected.'] T-Mobile now say, probably a hardware problem -- but pretty odd that it happened when we took the T-Mobile SIM out and put the AT&T one in, don't you think? Anyone got any ideas, or do I have to buy a new BlackBerry? This device is long out of warranty.

Update: This problem essentially resolved itself; suddenly the device chose to recognize [the inactive] T-Mobile SIM, turned out the device was still locked [bit mysterious, several T-Mobile people told me it couldn't be given I'd used it overseas with foreign SIMs], and the T-Mobile unlocking code and instructions worked, unlocked the device, and it now works happily with the AT&T SIM -- and I trust with foreign ones overseas. My only hypothesis is that the SIMs were not correctly seated -- I'd taken the T-Mobile SIM out, put the AT&T one in, then back again to use the device as PDA, several times because of T-Mobile advice, and seating them in the 7100t is a bit awkward compared to some devices -- but that seems a bit of a stretch. But to the originator of this thread, try taking the SIM out and putting it back in a few times -- maybe you will get lucky.