BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Social Networking (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Facebook being all retarded. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=220686)

CoDudette 02-26-2010 05:00 AM

Facebook being all retarded.

Ok, so ever since FB changed it's face (for the 1000000th time), FB on my phone is acting more retarded than ever.

half the time, when i'm messaging (not wall posts, PM's) a person, i don't get half the notifications that there has been a new msg sent to me, till i actually "retrieve more" of the msg thread.

Now, if i want to reply back to a wall post or write on someone's wall, it won't post! this means, after i've written a wall post, and press "post" it refuses to POST. it is very annoying.

And status updates take one million years to update.

My OS is the original i got with my Phone (Bought from the UAE, du network, unlocked v5.0.0.351), fb version: 1.7.0.22.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MidnightDraven 02-26-2010 06:19 AM

I think you'll find its Facebook's problem, or perhaps more accurately their yet to release a new app version.
Best bet, use the browser and mobile.facebook.com

CoDudette 02-26-2010 06:29 AM

it's pretty frustrating though. but yes, i have been using the mobile site.. hopefully fb will come up with a mobile app after they've made 1,0000 changes.

MidnightDraven 02-26-2010 07:23 AM

nah, they'll make another 100,000 and then maybe update the app ;)

BigDinTexas 02-26-2010 01:10 PM

incase anyone else tried and failed (like me..) the url is m(dot)facebook(dot)com....

I tried it with mobile spelled out and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong..

Don

lovescakemix 02-26-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas (Post 1571717)
incase anyone else tried and failed (like me..) the url is m(dot)facebook(dot)com....

I tried it with mobile spelled out and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong..

Don

if your browser identity is on blackberry. just going to facebook.com will automatically take you to the mobile site too.

ArgonNJ 02-26-2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightDraven (Post 1571515)
I think you'll find its Facebook's problem, or perhaps more accurately their yet to release a new app version.
Best bet, use the browser and mobile.facebook.com

The Facebook App on the BB is made by RIM, not Facebook. And that app was specifically mentioned by Laztarded when brought up the BS term of "super apps" last week. Doesn't seem very super to me.

MidnightDraven 02-26-2010 04:21 PM

Ok, so its RIM that doesnt know they changed facebook and the app doesn't work anymore? lol

VerizonRules 02-26-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightDraven (Post 1571528)
nah, they'll make another 100,000 and then maybe update the app ;)

I hope they can come up for the update of the application before proceeding their changes or best if they can do it simultaneously.

trax95008 02-27-2010 03:36 PM

im surprised there's no 3rd party app available yet

Modeler 02-27-2010 10:39 PM

Oh boy. You said "the r word". Now Sarah Palin will come to your bedroom at night and cut off your private parts.

CoDudette 03-01-2010 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgonNJ (Post 1571735)
The Facebook App on the BB is made by RIM, not Facebook. And that app was specifically mentioned by Laztarded when brought up the BS term of "super apps" last week. Doesn't seem very super to me.

Super Apps my sore left..it's so SLOW and it doesn't function half the time properly.

Hopefully, RIM can come up with some changes for their FB app, i prefer using the m.facebook.com.

jsconyers 03-03-2010 04:17 PM

Instead of starting a new thread, I will post here.

I just noticed today, that I am getting facebook notifications fine, but when opening them, they look like the actual email message, not how the app displays them. There is not box to reply, there is a link to click on to take me to mobile site.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have made no changes to the device, OS, facebook app, haven't installed any new apps. Nothing has changed other than the way the facebook app is behaving.

KeNNethX 03-03-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1574302)

I just noticed today, that I am getting facebook notifications fine, but when opening them, they look like the actual email message, not how the app displays them. There is not box to reply, there is a link to click on to take me to mobile site.

I have made no changes to the device, OS, facebook app, haven't installed any new apps. Nothing has changed other than the way the facebook app is behaving.

Yup...thought it was just me. Facebook is being retarded again....also pokes are coming through but I can't poke back from the app anymore.

CoDudette 03-04-2010 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1574302)

Yes. it shows up the same way for me as well.. i really thought it was just me. i cannot open friend requests either. it just shows that i have a friend request but i cannot view the actual friend request to confirm/deny.

however, when someone comments on my status, i can comment back. which is very very weird. i was having a fb message conversation with a friend of mine. his message comes in email format, and i can go back to the original msg i sent from my phone and can reply back..
maybe fb is going through an upgrade?

dankarlinski 03-04-2010 11:56 AM

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

I'm getting the same. Email and a generic notification for a wall post. I cannot reply to messages. Also, I am missing about half of the notifications... Boo. :(

Nicberry 03-04-2010 03:11 PM

When I get a friend request and I click on it, it does nothing.. just go to regular font and not bold anymore :x.... when I go to the mobile site I am unable to see my requests. All I get is a white blank screen.. could it be that I have to many requests. (n)

this is ridiculous

hittman141 03-04-2010 07:33 PM

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN OR HOW RIM PLANS ON FIXING THIS ISSUE THAT'S CURRENTLY GOING ON WITH THE FACEBOOK APP :oops:

MidnightDraven 03-05-2010 05:45 AM

Nope

CoDudette 03-08-2010 05:43 AM

Ok for the moment, FB seems to be alright. I think if any further issues we should all just post them in here, rather than have about 200000 threads on it.