BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   8330 call forwarding icon won't disappear!? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=184495)

morty14 04-04-2009 03:31 PM

8330 call forwarding icon won't disappear!?

I have a 8330 and I cannot get the call forwarding icon to disappear. Last week I had to forward my number to my office number. I then got a new phone number on this curve. I can make and receive call normally. But the call forwarding icon is still on the top of the screen. When I go into the call forwarding menu it shows calls being forwarded to my office. If I try to change that to "do not forward" the phone tries to make a call but I get the "Your call cannot be completed as dialed". I have also tried to change the call forward number but same result as above. Anyone have any ideas?!?!?

Irish Rose 04-04-2009 09:58 PM

Wirelessly posted (Irish Rose's Blackberry 8310)

The icon should not be displayed once the calls are being routed to your BB device. I would take your phone into your wireless carrier and see if they can remove it for you.

antmar16 08-18-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morty14 (Post 1342524)
I have a 8330 and I cannot get the call forwarding icon to disappear. Last week I had to forward my number to my office number. I then got a new phone number on this curve. I can make and receive call normally. But the call forwarding icon is still on the top of the screen. When I go into the call forwarding menu it shows calls being forwarded to my office. If I try to change that to "do not forward" the phone tries to make a call but I get the "Your call cannot be completed as dialed". I have also tried to change the call forward number but same result as above. Anyone have any ideas?!?!?

I find to make this icon disappear you just put in the dialer *730 and press the green call button.:razz:

libbydude 01-22-2010 05:06 AM

You are not alone. I forwarded my calls to my work cell and when I changed it back to do not forward I got an error. "Transfer all calls failed. Please try again" or something like that. I called my carrier and they ran me through the whole *720 and *73 routine. When they checked on my number it did not show as forwarded. I can make and recieve calls just fine but that pesky icon is still on the screen. Customer service even had me do a back up and wipe.

libbydude 01-24-2010 05:59 AM

There's only two people that have had this problem?

The Buzzard 02-22-2010 09:09 PM

I had this problem. I dont know the answer but I do know that they dealer agent can get rid of it. Something on the phone needs to be erased or reset. Its happening to me right now so I will be dropping in to the agent to find out the fix. My point? Its fixable and its on the phone.