BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Network (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Getting carrier to disclose BIS e-mail addresses ? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=256933)

Fatboy40 01-12-2012 02:44 PM

Getting carrier to disclose BIS e-mail addresses ?

The company I work at took over another business last year, where there are a few BlackBerry users who have historicaly used BIS (we have our own BES server). It looks like a particular BIS user is spending all his time sending e-mails using a personal e-mail address and not a business one.

If we contact the carrier that the BIS contract is with can we get them to disclose all the POP3/IMAP mailboxes associated with him ? (until we have evidence we will not be discussing this directly with the user concerned).

Thanks.

(in the future we'll get them all on our BES but that's a few month away yet)

penguin3107 01-12-2012 02:55 PM

Re: Getting carrier to disclose BIS e-mail addresses ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatboy40 (Post 1763237)
If we contact the carrier that the BIS contract is with can we get them to disclose all the POP3/IMAP mailboxes associated with him ?

No.

Fatboy40 01-12-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 1763238)
No.

Fair enough.

Is this still the case though considering that the carriers bills are sent to us and in our company's name ?.

penguin3107 01-12-2012 02:59 PM

Yes, it's still the case.

jsconyers 01-12-2012 03:27 PM

Couldn't you get this information from your BES? If you look at the Service Books for that user, it will show the Service Book for each account, with that account name.

Fatboy40 01-12-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 1763242)
Couldn't you get this information from your BES? If you look at the Service Books for that user, it will show the Service Book for each account, with that account name.

They're not on the BES yet, still just using BIS with the carrier/network provider they're on.

jsconyers 01-12-2012 04:15 PM

Okay. Is the business address available via BIS as well? You stated that you have BES and the user is sending email via their personal account and not the business account. I assumed the business account was through the BES.

In your case, I say you don't have a leg to stand on.

Fatboy40 01-12-2012 04:31 PM

Thanks for the help guys.

Now I have to 'push an elephant up the stairs' and try and explain this to some company Directors ;-)