BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry In the News (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Alternate Sale Plans (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265313)

dc/dc 10-06-2013 03:23 PM

Alternate Sale Plans

Some interesting names coming up in the discussion... I could actually Cisco working out.

Exclusive: Cisco, Google, SAP discussing BlackBerry bids - sources | Reuters

NJBlackBerry 10-06-2013 03:59 PM

Re: Alternate Sale Plans

Cisco is obviously strong in the enterprise, but very weak in the home/consumer/prosumer whatever that means area. They screwed up Linksys, and their tablet never made it to market...

dc/dc 10-06-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1808450)
Cisco is obviously strong in the enterprise, but very weak in the home/consumer/prosumer whatever that means area. They screwed up Linksys, and their tablet never made it to market...

I would see Cisco wanting the infrastructure.

tsac 10-06-2013 05:45 PM

No experience and as NJ said they can screw up the blackberry real quick, if it's anything like their router business.

edit
After reading the article i'm thinking if any buyer other than a current cell phone carrier buys the company it will be broken up and the phones will be gone. They will offer the security without the phone. If blackberry goes private and keeps together it may survive. The only issue is the amount of corporate customers dumping BB for other phones. Blackberry should push the security and protection offered by their system.

dc/dc 10-07-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsac (Post 1808454)
No experience and as NJ said they can screw up the blackberry real quick, if it's anything like their router business.

Err... Their enterprise router business isn't screwed up as far as I know. Are you referring to Linksys?

ZombieBerry 10-07-2013 08:02 AM

Force updating of the firmware meant customers had to opt in to their cloud services and their TOS made for a very funny install. I think this happened last year or something.

I don't know if that is considered screwing up, but they did say they would fix it, and did a complete 180 on their requirements.

dc/dc 10-07-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBerry (Post 1808463)
Force updating of the firmware meant customers had to opt in to their cloud services and their TOS made for a very funny install. I think this happened last year or something.

I don't know if that is considered screwing up, but they did say they would fix it, and did a complete 180 on their requirements.

I didn't have to update any of my Cisco 3945s...

jsconyers 10-07-2013 08:17 AM

Personally, I feel that Cisco is a little late to the game with this as well. I foresee them handling this like they handled Flip Video when they acquired them in 2009, only to shut it down in 2011.

ZombieBerry 10-07-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1808466)
I didn't have to update any of my Cisco 3945s...

Linksys.....

dc/dc 10-07-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBerry (Post 1808468)
Linksys.....

Ah.