BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8200 Series Discussion - Pearl Flip (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   8220 Flip Wont Boot up & Red Light Cycles on and off (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=223049)

xwingman 03-29-2010 09:08 AM

8220 Flip Wont Boot up & Red Light Cycles on and off

I have had some issues with using this 8220 in the last month. First of all it would just turn off and reboot after sending a text message or a phone call.

Yesterday afternoon I was using my phone and right after I had used it the phone powered off and the right light stayed on and went on and off every 10-20 secs.

The phone just slowly blinks red with a black screen.

The phone will not turn on, and when connected to my 64 windows 7 pc it cycles through the usb connection on and off and makes the sound when the right light turns on and off.

Things I have tried

1. Took out the battery and put it back in - no go
2. Took out sim card, put in battery - no go
3. Took out mini sd card and took out and put back in the battery - no go
4. Installed Desk Manager and tried to use app loader... but gets to a certain stage and then says usb device not connected (or something like that)- no go
5. Tried charging the phone overnight - no go
6. Tried decharging the battery and recharging it - no go
7. Tried the post about unbricking blackberries - no go

Im kind of at my wits end here, Rogers is my carrier and they are useless for support. Is there something I am missing or any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! (y) Thanks

xwingman 03-29-2010 03:32 PM

forgot to mention that I tried a fully charged new battery... no go:x

TheRinger 03-30-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xwingman (Post 1586702)

Many more details on how you tried this step, what happened would be most helpful in helping you.....

BB-Tech support 04-09-2010 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xwingman (Post 1586702)
I have had some issues with using this 8220 in the last month. First of all it would just turn off and reboot after sending a text message or a phone call.

Yesterday afternoon I was using my phone and right after I had used it the phone powered off and the right light stayed on and went on and off every 10-20 secs.

The phone just slowly blinks red with a black screen.

The phone will not turn on, and when connected to my 64 windows 7 pc it cycles through the usb connection on and off and makes the sound when the right light turns on and off.

Things I have tried

1. Took out the battery and put it back in - no go
2. Took out sim card, put in battery - no go
3. Took out mini sd card and took out and put back in the battery - no go
4. Installed Desk Manager and tried to use app loader... but gets to a certain stage and then says usb device not connected (or something like that)- no go
5. Tried charging the phone overnight - no go
6. Tried decharging the battery and recharging it - no go

Im kind of at my wits end here, Rogers is my carrier and they are useless for support. Is there something I am missing or any suggestions?

connect device to computer without battery
run loader.exe
follow loader wizard
before click finish put battery back

TheRinger 04-09-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB-Tech support (Post 1592005)
connect device to computer without battery
run loader.exe
follow loader wizard
before click finish put battery back

They've either resolved it or forgotten they posted since they haven't added info or anything in almost 2 weeks now

Fache 04-27-2010 04:07 PM

I'm having the same problem now, and my issue has NOT been resolved -- any advice for me?

(I don't know what "run loader.exe" means)

Fache 04-29-2010 10:31 AM

Never mind, I managed to do a factory reset and that seems to have solved it, at least temporarily.

Fache 04-30-2010 11:00 AM

Okay, I lied. After a day of perfect lucidity, it's freaking out again. I tried to do the Jl Cmder thing, but it didn't work -- it doesn't seem to load properly on my computer. Could it be a Windows 7 issue?

Any suggestions?