BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Wallpapers (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Live Wallpapers for Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=244027)

iamkidd 01-24-2011 10:38 PM

Live Wallpapers for Torch

Can someone point me in the direction of some decent (and hopefully free) live nature wallpapers for the BlackBerry Torch? I tried doing a search on here and nothing really came up. I'm looking for something that'll change throughout the day (such as a sunrise to sunset). Does anything like this even exist for the BlackBerry? Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

JSanders 01-24-2011 11:30 PM

Re: Live Wallpapers for Torch

You need a third party app, check www.blackberryapps.com for something like Wallpaper Changer, I forget the actual name

iamkidd 01-25-2011 07:56 AM

I'm not quite sure if that's what I was looking for... So I understand that there are a TON more, and cooler apps on Android, then on BlackBerry. However, my friend was telling me about an app she has for Android that will tap into her phone's GPS and time and change accordingly. For example, if it's snowing outside, it'll be "actively snowing" on the phone homepage/background and will actually start to pile up on the bottom of the screen and on the icons. If it's raining, it'll look like there are rain drops on the screen. Likewise, the actual picture will start out as a dark sunrise (for example) in the morning and as the sun rises to noon, and sets again in the evening, the sun in the picture, will do the same. This is a pretty advanced program to ask for a Blackberry... but maybe there's something out there?

JSanders 01-25-2011 10:14 AM

maybe so, have you checked where I mentioned?

iamkidd 02-08-2011 04:39 PM

I did... and it was pretty much a huge fail.

JSanders 02-08-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamkidd (Post 1700000)
I did... and it was pretty much a huge fail.

meh, no more than your own actual huge fail to look for yourself first. :cry:

rambo47 03-13-2011 02:42 PM

Check out BerryWeather and see about using it as a background image.

rambo47 03-13-2011 04:39 PM

To avoid the "huge fail" that seems to plague you, you could have done a quick Google search for BlackBerry Live Wallpaper. You would have been directed to App World where there is a metric assload of them. I'm just sayin'...

Rombo 04-01-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1707206)
To avoid the "huge fail" that seems to plague you, you could have done a quick Google search for BlackBerry Live Wallpaper. You would have been directed to App World where there is a metric assload of them. I'm just sayin'...

After all Google is the key to the entire world

joshuajared 07-05-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1707206)

Could be wrong here, But the OP mentioned Live wallpaper, and then provided an example of the android. Currently Blackberry only has live Motion wallpapers to the best of my knowledge.

For example, blackberrylivewallpaper. com has alot of neat looking animated wallpapers. These are also called "Live Motion" on app world.

I don't think Blackberry will incorporate the Live Wallpapers you see on the android. Many of them drain the battery, and I cant see blackberry bringing support for Live wallpapers until they can maintain the phone while using it.

While it does not bring about the clouds and snow, you could try out some thing like Day2Night (thats on the app world)

Unfortunately this confusion over "motion", "animation" and "Live" wallpapers is what happens when people try to "cross-platform" design. It just confuses people.

locksmiths 07-09-2011 05:30 AM

You can view for this on appworld.blackberry.com

Sandrooshka 09-07-2011 03:37 PM

Ditto +1 on Appworld site