BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Media Card issue with replacement phone (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=231865)

rabooze 07-27-2010 04:05 PM

Media Card issue with replacement phone

I have a Bold 9650 with VZW. I just got a replacement one because i cracked the track pad. I took the SD card out of the old one and inserted it into the new one. The new phone says that no media card is inserted. I put it back into the old one and it works fine. Solution anyone????? Thanks,

akosnitzky 07-27-2010 05:09 PM

If you haven't done so already, reboot new phone with your old card. You will get an option to repair the card. Choose yes.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

rabooze 07-27-2010 05:31 PM

I have reset the phone with the card in there and didnt get a prompt to repair.

devnull 07-27-2010 06:29 PM

Try a different SD card in the new device. That way you can rule out problems with the device.

akosnitzky 07-27-2010 08:15 PM

Let's hope it was just a bad card.

Joe1004 07-27-2010 09:38 PM

This sounds similar to me. I have been using the same SD card for over a year. I got a replacement Bold Monday due to damage and suddenly the old card does not read. Not in the Berry. Not in an adapter in my computer. Not in the old Berry. Ring tones, photos, etc all gone. I thought it simply went bad suddenly somehow. I can't see how a new device would trash it.

KonTiki 07-28-2010 06:58 AM

I always copy the card first to my computer with all the sub directories on the device it is working, then i try either the new card or the new phone and format the card if I have to then copy back the contents, voila never have an issue.

m_zafar 07-28-2010 08:40 AM

give it a good clean

diffused 07-28-2010 08:46 AM

Maybe the settings are important here. ?? Options, memory, Compression Enabled-yes, Media card support-on, media card transfer protocol-on, mass storage mode support-off.
Every once in awhile I get that 'repair' pop up and go through the routine. Maybe it's something in this devices OS. I've never had this with any other device.
Rabooze, let us know what worked.

theresamap4that 07-28-2010 10:16 AM

Media

I just got a 9650 last week (replacing a 9630) and had a similar problem - 9650 would not recognize a media card being inserted. I tried both the new card and the card from the old phone with pictures, music, etc. The old phone recognized both the new and old card.

Rep at the VZW store gave me a new phone on the spot - seemed like she had seen the problem before - something about the card not seating correctly in the slot.

Possible production problem ?

Quote:

I have a Bold 9650 with VZW. I just got a replacement one because i cracked the track pad. I took the SD card out of the old one and inserted it into the new one. The new phone says that no media card is inserted. I put it back into the old one and it works fine. Solution anyone????? Thanks,