BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BES Express install fine...but adding user not working well (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=75160)

jonabyte 05-02-2007 08:39 PM

BES Express install fine...but adding user not working well

Hello,

I was able to install the BES express on my Windows server 2003, with Exchange 2003 without any issues.
I tried to add a user and the pin is not showing, the status is showing as initializing.
Anybody have any ideas what I should do next?
Thanks.

y2kcbr 05-02-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonabyte (Post 526706)
Hello,

I was able to install the BES express on my Windows server 2003, with Exchange 2003 without any issues.
I tried to add a user and the pin is not showing, the status is showing as initializing.
Anybody have any ideas what I should do next?
Thanks.

Did you generate an activation password? Verify the email address that the user is typing in is full SMTP address. Just a thought...

bertiebassett 05-03-2007 06:32 AM

Is the device provisioned correctly with your carrier on the BES plan, not the consumer plan?

jonabyte 05-03-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcbr (Post 526755)
Did you generate an activation password? Verify the email address that the user is typing in is full SMTP address. Just a thought...

Actually, I am selecting the user from the add user link within the bes admin program. This just brings up a list of users from exchange, the email address is the full address but there is no pin anywhere in the information listed.

jonabyte 05-03-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertiebassett (Post 527012)
Is the device provisioned correctly with your carrier on the BES plan, not the consumer plan?

That is a good question I will have to ask that, but when I downloaded the express program I needed their device's pin in order to do that. Does that make a difference?

ladydi 05-03-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonabyte (Post 527180)
Actually, I am selecting the user from the add user link within the bes admin program. This just brings up a list of users from exchange, the email address is the full address but there is no pin anywhere in the information listed.

That is correct. You add the user from the GAL. You won't see the PIN until the device starts activating. One the user is in the user list, select them and click "Service Access" down below. then click "Set activation password"

Then on the device, either open the Enterprise Activation Icon on the home screen or get to it through "Options" >> Advanced Options >> Enterpise activation.

At that point, you will enter their e-mail address and the password that you set. Click scroll wheel and activate.

jonabyte 05-11-2007 06:49 AM

Ok, i got the device to activate, but the BES is still showing the same "initializing" message beside the user.
Any more ideas?
Thanks

noname 05-11-2007 08:29 AM

Hey jonabyte, I wonder if you ever read the documentation at all. Getting a user for Enterprise Activation (EA) involves these steps:

In BlackBerry Manager:-
(1) Add user
(2) Set activation password

Go to the handheld that you've confirm with server provider that it is provisioned for BlackBerry Enterprise Service:-
(1) Go to the EA icon
(2) Key in email address
(3) Key in activation password
(4) Activate

Once it says "Activation Complete", you should be seeing user status as "Running" in the BlackBerry Manager.

See KB03674 - Set up an enterprise activation for more information.

BTW, RIM's Technical Solution Center search engine is pretty user friendly, you can easily search what you want. Try search using "enterprise activation". Here's the link - BlackBerry Technical Solution Center