BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   how do you hide apps? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=241898)

hypergirl 12-17-2010 01:46 AM

how do you hide apps?

Hi
I am a new BB 9650 user with verizon. How do I hide apps, like bing or myspace? Also, how do I make google my default browser? It is not coming up as an option on the drop-down list...
Thanks!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

MidnightDraven 12-17-2010 04:19 AM

Re: how do you hide apps?

You cannot make google your default browser.
To hide an icon, highlight it, menu - hide.

Motorcycle Mama 12-17-2010 06:44 AM

Yeah, the BING search is due to a deal between Verizon and Microsoft. That's why Google isn't showing as an option. You can download the Google Search App and use that if you want.

SoccerRef12 12-17-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama (Post 1685558)
Yeah, the BING search is due to a deal between Verizon and Microsoft. That's why Google isn't showing as an option. You can download the Google Search App and use that if you want.

This is what I don't understand. I'm with Verizon and I see all these posts about not being able to use Google in the browser. Both on my 8330 and now on my 9630 I have Google (my default), Live Search (Microsoft?), Wikipedia, and Dictionsary.com as options. Why am I different? :-?

P.S. Happy I am able to use Google

Motorcycle Mama 12-17-2010 07:45 PM

Did you use to be on Alltel? Are you by chance still on a Alltel plan?

I have had the BING app pushed to my device, but I have never had the "BING takeover" in my browser, either.

I am still on an Alltel plan with my Verizon Tour.

SoccerRef12 12-17-2010 08:02 PM

I was Alltel & part of the Verizon conquest. I switched to a Verizon phone & plan many years ago. Are residual Alltel ghosts on my phone? This is my 3rd Verizon phone. Hmmm. Idk.

Motorcycle Mama 12-17-2010 09:35 PM

I'm still on an Alltel plan even though I have a Verizon device.

As with you, I have not experienced the Bing takeover.

I can only surmise that there is something different "at the switch". I'm pretty sure that my PRL is different from the regular Verizon PRL, too.

Beech8830 12-19-2010 11:26 AM

I added a folder and gave it a name and moved all the icons i didnt want to see to that folder. When you click hide you still see faded and i didnt like that. Hope that helps.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

SoccerRef12 12-19-2010 05:10 PM

Beech, click on Menu & you'll see there is a check mark by 'Show All'. Click it again & your hidden folder will disappear!

Beech8830 12-21-2010 03:40 PM

By golley that worked great!!

Thx!