BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   SD Card not working (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=253305)

darrenmott 09-11-2011 01:53 PM

SD Card not working

i have a tmobile version of the 9700, and whenever i place an SD card in it - it never works. i've tried several cards, and none has ever worked. also, i've tried these cards in other blackberry devices and they work. I've heard others complaining that their devices from tmobile isnt accepting their SD cards either.

so i'm wondering, is it a problem with the phone, or is it that tmobile has blocked the use of the memory card? if they have - is there anyway to "fix" this?

aiharkness 09-11-2011 01:58 PM

Re: SD Card not working

I didn't have trouble with my 9700.

T-Mobile is not blocking it.

Did you acquire your 9700 secondhand? (I'm wondering about IT Policy.)

Are you sure you are inserting the card properly? Are you pushing it in until it clicks, such that you would have to push it in again so that it springs out a little for you to pull it out?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Soapm 09-11-2011 09:04 PM

TMO isn't clocking mine but it says your carrier is Claro so maybe they are. I do know my BB is picky with SD cards but if the cards you're trying work in other BB's then I suspect your phone is bad...

Wolf_Dreams 09-11-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darrenmott (Post 1743680)
i have a tmobile version of the 9700, and whenever i place an SD card in it - it never works. i've tried several cards, and none has ever worked. also, i've tried these cards in other blackberry devices and they work. I've heard others complaining that their devices from tmobile isnt accepting their SD cards either.

so i'm wondering, is it a problem with the phone, or is it that tmobile has blocked the use of the memory card? if they have - is there anyway to "fix" this?

Check the options page under Device, storage: make sure Media card support is checked.

Its possible a piece of lint is stuck in the slot (get a good light and maybe a magnifying glass and have a look.

Also could be a bit of corrosion.

Either way, if you can see anything wrong (lint, corrosion, or bent pins) remove the battery first and DON'T use anything made of metal. Try a pointed toothpick and/or spray can of compressed air.

darrenmott 09-23-2011 09:17 AM

i dont c anything lodged in it or see any bent pins. the phone is brand new - and since i got it - the mediacard has never worked. it feel and cracked the case and so i thought - ok tansfer the internals to a new case, and the mediacard still doesnt work. i dont know what else to do

BunmieZoeRadioo 11-14-2011 10:26 PM

I'm experiencing this problem - My media card stopped working and it keeps giving me the message to format it. I don't want to format it so as not to lose my album etc. As I haven't backed up the recent camera pix I took :(
I don't have the option to select "compress etc" from options as I've read in some previous posts. I use Bold 9700. Pls advice on what to do. If I format, how do I get my data back?
Thanks

Delco 11-20-2011 07:50 AM

I've had my Blackberry 9700 for two years now and wouldn't change it for anything but for the last couple of months a message appeared from time to time after rebooting the device, stating some Memory Card problems and offering to solve them.

Until now, after accepting, it said it solved the problems and I could access my Memory Card files without a problem. Now a couple of days ago, after appearing the same Memory Card problem, it said that Media Card could not be accessed due to fatal errors. I had never subtracted the Memory Card from the device until now so I don't see how it could have been damaged but now I can not access it either from my phone or from the computer.

Any advice?

Thanks

devnull 11-20-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delco (Post 1755856)
Now a couple of days ago, after appearing the same Memory Card problem, it said that Media Card could not be accessed due to fatal errors. I had never subtracted the Memory Card from the device until now so I don't see how it could have been damaged but now I can not access it either from my phone or from the computer.

Media cards fail. Regular backups are key to not losing data. Surely you backed up your media card contents at the first appearance of an error.