BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   unable to sign into windows live messenger (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=155350)

W@R!O 10-18-2008 03:55 AM

unable to sign into windows live messenger

i have a 8320 and i am unable to sign into windows live messenger. i keep getting the error "The server is busy, Please try again later" this has been happening for almost 1 week now. but other people can use their account and sign into my phone but i am unable to use my hotmail account and sign onto my phone as well as other people blackberries as well. but i can sign into my computer just fine.

please help any information would help me at this time because i am clueless to this problem

zerog46 10-18-2008 07:02 AM

Wirelessly posted (BB 8330)

Have you tried changing your password.

li2327 10-18-2008 08:05 AM

Wirelessly posted (7130e)

You might also want to try deleting the app and reinstalling it. That may do the trick.

choi4096 10-18-2008 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W@R!O (Post 1140191)
i have a 8320 and i am unable to sign into windows live messenger. i keep getting the error "The server is busy, Please try again later" this has been happening for almost 1 week now. but other people can use their account and sign into my phone but i am unable to use my hotmail account and sign onto my phone as well as other people blackberries as well. but i can sign into my computer just fine.

please help any information would help me at this time because i am clueless to this problem

Logon to your WML onto your computer (or any PC), change your password and don't use special characters. See if that works. It did when I had the same problem with my YM. Lemme know if this worked the same with you.

W@R!O 10-18-2008 01:49 PM

well i tried changing the password...that did not work....i already tried reinstalling it and that did not work either......im really running out of ideas

omkhar 10-18-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W@R!O (Post 1140449)
well i tried changing the password...that did not work....i already tried reinstalling it and that did not work either......im really running out of ideas

what is the url you're installing it from?

W@R!O 10-18-2008 04:13 PM

i downloaded it from blackberry website

blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=wlm20?

W@R!O 10-19-2008 11:08 AM

any other suggestions ppl?

gregwlsn 10-19-2008 10:17 PM

I started having the same problem after upgrading to Live Messenger 2009 on my desktop. But only w/my hotmail account. My other IM acct ending in a custom domain always signs in w/o issue. Maybe live messenger 2009 modifies the profile somehow.

patrickhswu 12-05-2008 05:14 AM

I got exactly same issue with my curve, and I been tried tru all what people said on those forums, still nothing works!!!

so anybody with idea? thanks.

jimispier 12-06-2008 05:43 PM

Wirelessly posted

Sometimes a hard or soft reboot will help the problem. Its incosistent though

rvgraham 12-12-2008 12:35 PM

I'm pretty sure this has to do with having temporarily installed the 2009 beta on my desktop. It has a new feature that allows you to connect from more than one device simultaneously, which seems to break connectivity for Blackberries.

Even after uninstalling the beta and and reinstalling 8.5, I get Server Too Busy.

Is anyone getting this message all the time for whom Messenger used to work fine and who did *not* run the beta 2009 on their desktop?

Bob

penk 12-13-2008 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvgraham (Post 1206728)
Is anyone getting this message all the time for whom Messenger used to work fine and who did *not* run the beta 2009 on their desktop?

i don't use the desktop app at all.

immediately after upgrading to the .110 OS, when i went to log in on the 'berry - surprisingly it was already sign in. hours later, "could not connect to server", and haven't been back in since. the previous OS was finicky on its connection and world often take several attempts to sign in.

well crap. i just tried it and it signed in like *SNAP*!

the only thing that i did within hotmail following the OS upgrade (other than check mail) was to block four spammers that kept asking for adds.

i hope this helps, but i'm pretty sure it won't.

gregwlsn 12-13-2008 10:11 PM

more wierdness

Mine works now...The MSN forum reported (not bby related) 2009 beta messenger issues with users that had blocked groups or groups containing blocked members. I deleted all of my groups and msn messenger for bby's worked like a charm ever since. (shrug)