BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Frustrated with my BB, please help! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=10028)

Lisa Lovell 06-10-2005 10:04 AM

Frustrated with my BB, please help!

I've recently purchased my BB and am still unable to use it to its potential. I have a few problems mainly syncing with MS Outlook contacts;

1. When I sync my BB with my Outlook contacts it is creating doubles, how do I prevent this?

2. Also, Outlook will not let me put the +44 in my telephone numbers, but this is the format I need for my BB to dial out the numbers in my contacts, how can I fix this globally?

3. I am unable to receive my work e-mails on my BB, possibly due to a firewall problem? How can I fix this so that my BB and PC can communicate?

Thank you for your help.

Lisa

Dawg 06-10-2005 10:13 AM

For starters give us some information
What BB
What OS
What PC OS

Then we will be able to help more

Lisa Lovell 06-10-2005 10:18 AM

Sorry, I'm not very computer literate.
My BB is a 7100v, and I use regular MS Outlook, not express.
Microsoft refuse to help because the software is OME, and my computer is an e-machines. I'm not sure if that was the information you were asking.

Not Techy 06-10-2005 10:36 AM

What is your BB OS? 4.0? Are you using BES or Desktop Redirector? What is the OS on your computer? Windows XP (home, Pro). That is what he is looking for.

Lisa Lovell 06-10-2005 11:59 AM

I have MS Office Home OS and the software s XP Pro. My Outlook will not show the + before 44 on a number field.... but my lap top view retains the + so I don't know why it is doing this. When I then try to synch my BB I can't call numbers stored on it as they won't connect because there is no + present.

Thanks ever so much for your help!

Lisa Lovell 06-10-2005 12:01 PM

BB OS, not sure!! brand new phone .... not sure what BES means.. or desktop redirector. Windows XP Home OS and Pro for software...

Dawg 06-10-2005 12:01 PM

is that your country code? the +44

NJBlackBerry 06-10-2005 01:00 PM

It is certainly possible to store the + and country code in Outlook. I have dozens of contacts with the country code stored. You have to tell Outlook (no, I can't remember how - I did it years ago) that you are in country such and so, and then the +44 will work just fine. I do it all the time.

Dr Xavier 06-10-2005 01:25 PM

To store the country code open a contact select what you are editing buisness, home, mobile, etc. Once you select say business a box comes up titled 'Check phone #' there is a drop down box to select the country and region.
I'm not sure if there is an easy way to do this globally, without having to export the files to an excel file.