BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Home Page (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=244435)

Sageca1 02-01-2011 08:53 AM

Home Page

I can't change my home page; I tried everything posted before and it jsut doesn't work. i want google but all i get is that Blackberry Virtual Preload. Beeen working on this for a week; can anyone help?

SoccerRef12 02-01-2011 05:19 PM

Re: Home Page

Open what you want for your home page in the browser then press the BB key, Options, Browser Configuration and where it says Home Page Address there should be a button that says Use Current.

Sageca1 02-01-2011 06:07 PM

No Use Current on my BB

aiharkness 02-01-2011 06:09 PM

Maybe it's labeled different, or something. But it's there. Do what SoccerRef advised, scroll down...What do you see?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

MidnightDraven 02-01-2011 06:15 PM

Also, if you're on the current home page, the "use current" button won't show.

aiharkness 02-01-2011 06:18 PM

Never noticed that before, so just checked....I do see the use current button when on the home page on 9700/5.0.0.714. But obviously may vary with model/OS.

Sageca1 02-01-2011 06:31 PM

IT says Home page wwwblackeberrry.com and I can't change it to Google, nothing appears when I press except Select SAve Option Switch Application....Close

MidnightDraven 02-01-2011 06:33 PM

Go to google on your browser.
Then go to the place mentioned above.

MidnightDraven 02-01-2011 06:38 PM

This is what the manual says to do:
Change the home page or start page - User Guide - BlackBerry Curve 8330 Smartphone - 5.0

Sageca1 02-02-2011 05:46 AM

I have tried this but there is no way I can type in that area.

aiharkness 02-02-2011 06:39 AM

That's weird. Seems there's some info missing....Are you on a BES?

Motorcycle Mama 02-02-2011 06:53 AM

I could be misremembering, but I seem to recall some past discussions that indicated that some carriers block the changing of the home page for some odd reason.

Perhaps that's what is occurring in this situation. ??

aiharkness 02-02-2011 07:55 AM

Looking at the link Draven posted, sounds like that's the most likely explanation if OP is on BIS. But I can't see profile now (mobile) and don't remember OP's service provider.

MidnightDraven 02-02-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1699017)
Looking at the link Draven posted, sounds like that's the most likely explanation if OP is on BIS. But I can't see profile now (mobile) and don't remember OP's service provider.

Its Bell.

aiharkness 02-02-2011 12:03 PM

I don't know anything off hand, but did a little searching. Found some threads over at crackberry on this very issue, though I didn't come across anything specific to Bell. Did find some back and forth about whether Rogers locks the home page or not, which makes me think finding anything about Bell would be the same--someone saying they lock, and someone else saying they do not.

I advise checking with others you know, calling customer service and talking to BlackBerry support, and that sort of thing.

It won't hurt either to find those two or three threads at crackberry (search on change blackberry broswer home page) and browse.

Sageca1 02-02-2011 03:19 PM

I called Bell and I had to change my browser to to internet browser instead of Bell Browser. Thank you all.
Rita

aiharkness 02-03-2011 06:48 AM

Darn! I knew we were missing something. Didn't even occur to me you were using the carrier's browser.

malamalama 02-09-2011 02:51 AM

I just upgraded to 5.0.0.900 tonight and it's been a headache since I had problems with the ROM connect issue mentioned elsewhere. Bottom line, while I still have my calendar/contacts data, I lost most everything else like my speed dial and browser bookmarks.

I had the same problem mentioned above and changing the browser from T-Mobile to internet browser did the trick. Yes, when it's the carrier's browser, the use current page button doesn't appear and you can't change it.

Thanks for the solution. This really helped me out.