BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   battery die overnight without using (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=252697)

bbdon 08-25-2011 01:30 AM

battery die overnight without using

I jus bought a bb9000 non cam for jus about 5 days. When I fully charge it, the battery depletes so quickly without using much of it. I googled how to conserve the batt, like reducing the backlight or closing web applications etc and have done so, but the problem still continues. I went to change to a new bb9000 and still the problem is the same. The battery totally dies when I leave it overnight, for eg the batt was 50% before gg to bed, but waking up at 4am, it was left with 10%. Can someone help me explain this problem?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

the-economist 08-25-2011 08:43 PM

Re: battery die overnight without using

Batteries have limited lifetime and after a number of full charge cycles they either fail completely or perform poorly. If you're absolutely sure that nothing is running in the background and you have updated to the latest OS it's time to purchase a new battery.

If the item was bought from a retailer than a private owner you could possibly take it back for refund/exchange/replacement/whatever.

Dubdub 08-25-2011 11:25 PM

Replace the battery. As said above, it could be damaged or worn out. The 9000 is "old" as cell phones go.

Mitioj 10-16-2011 10:56 AM

I think that is just a common weakness about the blackberry. Its battery runs very quick down compare to other cellphones. I experienced the same problem and also changed purchased a new battery but yet it was still the same. So i guess thats just one of blackberrys downfalls

rambo47 10-16-2011 11:22 AM

That's definitely NOT normal BlackBerry behavior. My 9930 lasts more than a full day with moderate use. If you're in an area with a weak/no signal the device can be searching for a network. That will kill a battery fast.

davisc99 10-17-2011 09:21 AM

If it is in warranty period, I advice change your set. I think there is something problem with the battery.

tndoubleh 10-17-2011 11:08 PM

No ... when charge Bold 9k overnight ... the Source IC die ... at Vietnam, with 50$ ~ 500k VND to repair it ... Remember not charging overnight ...
p/s : use App BerryBuzz 2.x ++ to turn off charging on BB when it Batery full ... ( if use 2.x i have **y ... contact yahoo or mail ... i will send ... "tn_doubleh@yahoo.com" or "tndoubleh@gmail.com" - enjoy bold 9000 )

Pagurid 11-23-2011 10:56 PM

The best way for charging BB is connect the desktop software

NJBlackBerry 11-23-2011 11:50 PM

Really? Based on what information?

Jvmerror 11-24-2011 04:49 AM

How long have you had the battery? To ensure that is the problem it might be a good idea to find a way to get the battery tested. That way you know if it really does work or if there is another problem.