BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How to enable HTML email on your BlackBerry (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=137798)

JSanders 07-01-2008 12:53 AM

How to enable HTML email on your BlackBerry
 
If you are looking to get HTML email on your Blackberry, here are the requirements and process.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3161/...cc49a059_m.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/...8b766b06_m.jpg

A) Your BB device must have Operating System version 4.5 loaded to your device. OS 4.5 is not officially released for ALL BB models yet. Those officially released are listed in our specific model sections here on these Forums in the Sticky Notes at the top of each model section. BlackBerry Device Specific - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community Check your current OS version on your BlackBerry at Options > About. Look at the third line down, starting with "v.4..."

If you don't find OS 4.5 for your model listed, please don't ask for outside links to not-yet-released OS versions. The latest OS versions are always listed on this forum.

Upgrade instructions for any model are simple:
  1. Download the new OS you want and install it to the PC
  2. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
  3. Plug in BB and open Desktop Manager
  4. Select Application Loader
  5. You will be prompted to upgrade
B) Enable BIS 2.5 - From your BlackBerry, or PC, go to your carrier BIS site and resend your Service Books.
  1. Log into your providers BIS site from your handheld (see your personal email setup icon) or from your PC.
  2. Click the link to resend the service books.
You should receive a new Registration message to your device if the Service Books were sent successfully.

C. Configure your email now for HTML.
  1. On your BlackBerry, to go the Messages folder.
  2. Click the Menu key (left of trackball)
  3. Click Options
  4. Click Email Settings
  5. *Enable HTML Email = YES.
  6. *Download Images Automatically = Yes
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3174/...77a37f6e_m.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3107/...d4a257df_m.jpg

*If you don't see these options, it is likely that your service books have not been updated. You may need to do a "hard reset" on your BlackBerry by removing the battery from the device with it powered ON, hold a few seconds, and replace the battery to reboot.

D. Receive an email on your device, and enjoy HTML.
  1. After opening your email, tap the Menu key and select "Get Images".
  2. Click YES to the warning message that "internet images can expose your address"...
  3. You will need to click "Get Images" on each email on which you wish to view images.
*Emails received before your upgrade will not be viewable in HTML, only those received after.

NOTE: Some users have reported the HTML images would not appear until they had their TCP/APN settings enabled. On your BlackBerry, look at Options > Advanced > TCP. If the settings are blank, follow the instructions in this link to set yours and save the settings. You may need to remove the battery on your BB and reboot after entering the APN, etc., in order for it work.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3023/...94992e24_m.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3277/...511cc967_m.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3036/...80c950f2_m.jpg

**Further Note: If you have performed all of the above instructions, and still don't see HTML email options on your mail,
OR, your HTML email has worked, and stopped working, try this:
1. Remove your email account from the BIS. Where can I log into my BIS account? - BlackBerryFAQ
2. Delete your Service Books on the BB. (Options > Advanced > Service Books) Delete those pertaining to your email containing the @ symbol and your email address.
3. Remove battery and reboot the BB.
4. Confirm the Service Books are not on the BB.
5. Reset the account on your BIS.
6. Resend the Service Books from your BIS.
7. You should get a Registration message from AT&T, on your BB. If not soon, pull the battery and reboot the BB again.
8. Turn on your HTML email again from you Message options.

rboy 07-01-2008 01:09 AM

is there a way to get the images to show without clicking on get images? kind of like bbsmart does.

John Clark 07-01-2008 01:13 AM

No, images must be allowed on a per email basis.

maish 07-01-2008 06:35 AM

regarding checking which BIS my carrier is running -

under options > about

I see ( Platform 2.7.0.55)does that relate to BIS 2.5 ( or in this case 2.7) ?

Ophidian 07-01-2008 07:16 AM

I'm still having trouble getting the pictures to show up.

I am able to receive html text, but when I click on Get Images>Download Images Can Expose Your Internet Address>Yes. I see the blue arrows in the top right corner indicate that I am sending/receiving info, but the pics never show up.

I am running 4.5.0.42 with an 8300 on T-Mob

penguin3107 07-01-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maish (Post 995413)
regarding checking which BIS my carrier is running -

under options > about

I see ( Platform 2.7.0.55)does that relate to BIS 2.5 ( or in this case 2.7) ?

You can't see what version of BIS your carrier is running.

What you're looking at is the version of software on your device.

tdawg00 07-01-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophidian (Post 995446)
I'm still having trouble getting the pictures to show up.

I am able to receive html text, but when I click on Get Images>Download Images Can Expose Your Internet Address>Yes. I see the blue arrows in the top right corner indicate that I am sending/receiving info, but the pics never show up.

I am running 4.5.0.42 with an 8300 on T-Mob

enter wap.voicestream.com under option>advance options< tcp. Where it says APN thats where you need to put that address

Ophidian 07-01-2008 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdawg00 (Post 995456)
enter wap.voicestream.com under option>advance options< tcp. Where it says APN thats where you need to put that address

Been there done that...

All other data functions work properly. I just can't get the pics. Since the arrows are flashing, I'm assuming that the pics are going somewhere(?)

Thanks for the suggestion though

mettleh3d 07-01-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 995261)
No, images must be allowed on a per email basis.

Why is that? I hope there's a future update that allows for automatic downloading - even if this is a security feature, it should be on the users end to decide whether or not to utilize it.

hdawg 07-01-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mettleh3d (Post 995956)
Why is that? I hope there's a future update that allows for automatic downloading - even if this is a security feature, it should be on the users end to decide whether or not to utilize it.

Just how RIM decided to do it for now.

I couldn't agree with you more and have submitted a request to have that feature / function in a future version. (y)

MisterEd 07-01-2008 05:23 PM

I don't have the menu option for HTML on my 4.5 8310 Curve. But I did update my service books earlier today and I'm getting HTML messages with no problems. Even animated gifs are working. The weird things with the animated gifs is that they "animate" for about 10 seconds then stop. They don't seem to repeat themselves.

MisterEd 07-01-2008 05:30 PM

Weird. Not on my 4.5 BB 8310. All my images are there without any prompting. I just tested JPEGS, GIFS, BMP's .... all there without being prompted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 995261)
No, images must be allowed on a per email basis.


MisterEd 07-01-2008 05:41 PM

OK, to take this one step further I just resent service books AGAIN. Now I DO have the HTML option (even though it worked before without the HTML option in the menu).

I still am ABLE to get images without "allowing them" on a per message basis. They are downloaded with the email.

kirbo20 07-01-2008 09:15 PM

HTML email is no longer working for me. I have the option there but its not coming in anymore as HTML. I have resent service books I have also tried deleting and re-adding the email account but it wont work anymore. SAD :cry: Any suggestions?

Edit: working now dont know why.

WillJitsu 07-01-2008 11:37 PM

Does anyone know if Sprint's BIS was updated to 2.5?

John Clark 07-01-2008 11:38 PM

Yes.

kjdoug 07-02-2008 08:24 AM

darn
 
i did all that and still don't get the images...i get a picture of a minature blackberry without the pics..

JSanders 07-02-2008 08:27 AM

What OS does your handheld have loaded to it? Options > About?

If you get a picture of a BlackBerry... you're getting at least one image.

kjdoug 07-02-2008 08:29 AM

Os
 
It's 4.5.0.42...but it's not really a picture of a blackberry...it's like on windows and there is a little x in the corner and you have to choose show pics...

JSanders 07-02-2008 08:44 AM

Do you have the options as stated in C) and D) above in the instructions?

kjdoug 07-02-2008 08:53 AM

Yes
 
Did all that 3 or 4 days ago...

Ophidian 07-02-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjdoug (Post 997280)
Did all that 3 or 4 days ago...

Sounds like the same problem I'm having.

I'm running 4.5.0.42 too.. hmmmmm.......

JSanders 07-02-2008 10:13 AM

I wonder about .42, then. Can't really say as I have not used that OS on BIS 2.5

wayne87 07-02-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ophidian (Post 997343)
Sounds like the same problem I'm having.

I'm running 4.5.0.42 too.. hmmmmm.......

I'm having the same problem. Nothing happens when I click "Get Images."

JLeny 07-02-2008 03:08 PM

Same here.

However I noticed when I add the sender to my address book and select get images they are downloaded? Is this a security feature?

JSanders 07-02-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLeny (Post 997888)
Same here.

However I noticed when I add the sender to my address book and select get images they are downloaded? Is this a security feature?

That doesn't matter. I receive emails from odd companies like Land's End and eCost.com that are not in my address book, on which the html and images do appear.

kjdoug 07-02-2008 06:26 PM

I downgraded my os and it still does the same thing... I am gonna yet try the add to the favourite thing

ubizmo 07-02-2008 07:02 PM

I have the same problem with OS 4.5.0.46. Pictures do not download, although it appears that data transfer is taking place. Adding the sender to the address book makes no difference.

kjdoug 07-02-2008 07:21 PM

grr
 
I guess I will just call blackberry support after all my 8120 came with os 4.5 maybe they can help me

kjdoug 07-02-2008 09:16 PM

Grrr
 
Rim hasn't supplied the Rogers Blackberry tech support dept. with walkthrough guidebooks to support os 4.5 so they can't help me!!! Thanks Rogers for giving me an unsupported OS with my new phone!!!

xhen 07-03-2008 06:40 AM

thanks a lot for this information very useful

JSanders 07-03-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjdoug (Post 998093)
I downgraded my os and it still does the same thing... I am gonna yet try the add to the favourite thing

What did you downgrade to?

kjdoug 07-03-2008 08:49 AM

downgrade
 
I downgraded to 4.5.0.37 the OS that came with my phone...

JSanders 07-03-2008 09:02 AM

From reading above, it sounds like that might an issue for some on .37 and .42 releases.

So... While in an HTML email, you don't have the choice Menu > Get Images , or Get Image? or Get HTML?

kjdoug 07-03-2008 09:08 AM

fixed
 
Got it fixed now! Yes I did have those options..but it still didn't work. Until I read in a thread to go to Options>TCP and put internet.com for username and no passwords and save>resend service books>battery pull and this did the trick! Thanks for all your help!!

ricpac 07-03-2008 09:09 AM

This is great info JS!

Kudos! (y)

Ophidian 07-03-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 998856)
From reading above, it sounds like that might an issue for some on .37 and .42 releases.

So... While in an HTML email, you don't have the choice Menu > Get Images , or Get Image? or Get HTML?

I do. But when I click on the "Get Images" button on the pop-up screen, the blue arrows in the top right corner begin flashing, indicating that data is transferring. This happens for about 5-10 secs. Then it stops, and no images appear.

JSanders 07-03-2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjdoug (Post 998863)
Got it fixed now! Yes I did have those options..but it still didn't work. Until I read in a thread to go to Options>TCP and put internet.com for username and no passwords and save>resend service books>battery pull and this did the trick! Thanks for all your help!!

Yea I have read that, too. I'm assuming some carriers must transmit that data differently than others.

But, congrats!

Ophidian 07-03-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjdoug (Post 998863)
Got it fixed now! Yes I did have those options..but it still didn't work. Until I read in a thread to go to Options>TCP and put internet.com for username and no passwords and save>resend service books>battery pull and this did the trick! Thanks for all your help!!

My APN is set correctly as wap.voicestream.com

still no dice..

:sad panda:

jsconyers 07-03-2008 09:16 AM

Is this happening on all HTML email or just one particular message?

Was this message received on the device before you resent your service books?

What happens if you forward the message to yourself again?

Ophidian 07-03-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsconyers (Post 998885)
Is this happening on all HTML email or just one particular message?

Was this message received on the device before you resent your service books?

What happens if you forward the message to yourself again?

I am unable to receive images on any HTML emails. (Although HTML text shows up properly.)

I have received many messages since the BIS upgrade. All have the same problem. I even registed a new gmail account, assuming that my Yahoo may have had some restrictions.

I've tried forwarding messages to myself, and it's always the same ole 2-step. Arrows flash, no images appear.

Sith_Apprentice 07-03-2008 09:20 AM

I am assuming that the service books were removed first, and resent from the BIS site, Battery Pull, setting TCP settings, and then calling to the carrier.

Ophidian 07-03-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 998895)
I am assuming that the service books were removed first, and resent from the BIS site, Battery Pull, setting TCP settings, and then calling to the carrier.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. No.

I haven't called the T-Mob because I have an unlocked 8300 on T-Mob and during situations like this, I get the "you have an unsupported device blah blah blah"

Moonshadow 07-03-2008 09:23 AM

Great discussion folks. Does anyone know if this works on BES? Do the BES admins have to allow HTML through a BES setting?

Sith_Apprentice 07-03-2008 09:26 AM

BES 4.1.6 (not out yet) or hacked BES 4.1.5 can do HTML email.

Moonshadow 07-03-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 998909)
BES 4.1.6 (not out yet) or hacked BES 4.1.5 can do HTML email.

Thanks

wayne87 07-03-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjdoug (Post 998863)
Got it fixed now! Yes I did have those options..but it still didn't work. Until I read in a thread to go to Options>TCP and put internet.com for username and no passwords and save>resend service books>battery pull and this did the trick! Thanks for all your help!!

You put internet.com as the username? What do you put for apn?

JSanders 07-03-2008 02:06 PM

He is on a different carrier than you, yours will be different.

TDowdy 07-07-2008 08:21 AM

Same Problem
 
I'm having the same issue as others in this thread
I have OS 4.5.0.46
Resent Service Books and get the option to "Get Images" but after that nothing happens. Have done battery pulls and tried several TCP combinations but still do not get images.
Anyone got any other suggestions ?
Thanks

JSanders 07-07-2008 09:30 AM

TDowdy, welcome to the BBForums.

Give it a day, see if it works.

wassy 07-07-2008 10:16 AM

disable Wifi, and it will work! it isn't enough to be away from wifi zone, you must disable it in connections.

TDowdy 07-07-2008 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1003602)
TDowdy, welcome to the BBForums.

Give it a day, see if it works.

Thanks, JS
I been messing with this for a week or so, even thought it's not a huge deal It's kinda turned into a personel quest.
TD

quattrocs 07-07-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 998909)
BES 4.1.6 (not out yet) or hacked BES 4.1.5 can do HTML email.

any extra info on the how for this....


Nevermind i found the info, searched in wrong forum.

wattser322 07-08-2008 09:13 AM

bb service books
 
hey new to the bb thing. how do i update service books on the 8310 with att service? thanks

JSanders 07-08-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wattser322 (Post 1005508)
hey new to the bb thing. how do i update service books on the 8310 with att service? thanks

Read steps B) 1 and 2, above, clicking on the link at the end of step B)1.

Log into your providers BIS site from your handheld (see your personal email setup icon) or from your PC.

Rotty022 07-08-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterEd (Post 996398)
I don't have the menu option for HTML on my 4.5 8310 Curve. But I did update my service books earlier today and I'm getting HTML messages with no problems. Even animated gifs are working. The weird things with the animated gifs is that they "animate" for about 10 seconds then stop. They don't seem to repeat themselves.

i have the same issue. i'm on at&t as well. i sent the service books several times, did the battery pull.

i sent myself an html email with a link to an image. the image showed up in the email. i didn't have to "Get Image".

weirdness

cameronlane 07-10-2008 04:45 PM

JSanders- awesome post. The lack of HTML e-mail has been bugging me for a while.

Thanks! (y)

vanity101 07-10-2008 05:31 PM

Wirelessly posted

Ok so I'm on att with an 8310. I was running os 4.5.46 and html wasn't working. I would "get images" and the two arrows would blink as if it were working and then nothing happens.

Yesterday I found version 4.5.52 floating around the internet. I installed it (at my own risk of course) and now html works fine in the e mails. Although it does take a while for all the images to load

GreayStone 07-11-2008 12:00 PM

Seems to work fine for me but somethimes large inmages do take a few minutes to load

shadymatt 07-11-2008 12:24 PM

hi
 
please help me about the BB 8100 T-Mobile USA Code, i have a phone but not accept indian SIM CARD in the india, please man tell me... thanks, i want to free code as any methode yet?

shadymatt 07-11-2008 12:25 PM

please help me about the BB 8100 T-Mobile USA Code, i have a phone but not accept indian SIM CARD in the india, please mam tell me... thanks, i want to free code as any methode yet?

shadymatt 07-11-2008 12:25 PM

please help me about the BB 8100 T-Mobile USA Code, i have a phone but not accept indian SIM CARD in the india, please man tell me... thanks, i want to free code as any methode yet?

John Clark 07-11-2008 12:27 PM

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

There are no free codes. Check the link in my signature for a great deal on unlocks.

Ophidian 07-11-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanity101 (Post 1010271)
Wirelessly posted

Ok so I'm on att with an 8310. I was running os 4.5.46 and html wasn't working. I would "get images" and the two arrows would blink as if it were working and then nothing happens.

Yesterday I found version 4.5.52 floating around the internet. I installed it (at my own risk of course) and now html works fine in the e mails. Although it does take a while for all the images to load

Wow! This sounds exactly like what I am seeing. Hopefully they'll release a newer OS for the 8300 soon


Thanks for giving me hope that an OS upgrade will fix my problem

stevehord 07-11-2008 06:19 PM

This worked for BIS, but what about my BES email from exchange? I don't have that option.

John Clark 07-11-2008 06:21 PM

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

A BES server upgrade is necessary. BES 4.1.6 (or a hacked version of 4.1.5) is required for html on BES mail. My company just upgraded to 4.1.5 so I'm waiting for html on my BES mail, too.

haephaestus 07-11-2008 11:16 PM

My apologies if this is off-topic to this thread. How does OS 4.5/BIS 2.5 HTML mail viewing compare to Empower Pro? I'm still on 4.2.2 so haven't had a chance with RIM's HTML viewing solution. Does it download all images to device memory or can it be set to cache to media card like Empower does? Anyone notice any significant memory impact?

Thanks for any input!
-h

timsti 07-12-2008 07:05 AM

This is some great info! I've been getting so annoyed with the upgraded OS and no html email support. Just got mine working. Great post!

thechrismoody 07-12-2008 03:25 PM

thanks for the tips

cricket31 07-14-2008 08:59 AM

I have upgrade my 8800 to 4.5 but I am not seeing the option to enable HMTL under Email settings. Any idea why would it be?

Thanks

JSanders 07-14-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricket31 (Post 1015616)
I have upgrade my 8800 to 4.5 but I am not seeing the option to enable HMTL under Email settings. Any idea why would it be?

Thanks

Cricket, since you didn't state that you have done so, did you follow Steps B, C, and D listed in the first post above?

You need to.

cricket31 07-14-2008 12:54 PM

Sorry J. I have done step A, in B I used BES and resend the service book but in C I could not find the option to enable HTML.

Thanks

JSanders 07-14-2008 01:03 PM

If you note in Step B,
Quote:

B) Enable BIS 2.5 - From your BlackBerry, or PC, go to your carrier BIS site and resend your Service Books.
This is for the BIS process only.

I don't recall the BES versions which allow HTML, it is documented here in the forums though. Check the BES section.

hdawg 07-14-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1015996)
I don't recall the BES versions which allow HTML, it is documented here in the forums though. Check the BES section.

Officially BES 4.1 SP6 will support HTML email.

unofficially, Jibi has posted a way to do this with 4.1 SP5

JSanders 07-14-2008 01:07 PM

See, even a baboon can do it.

But cricket, ya gotta read those directions!

cricket31 07-14-2008 01:16 PM

Thanks hdawg and J. very funny!! :razz:

cricket31 07-14-2008 01:28 PM

Ok J. here's curve ball for you. After I did the upgrade to 4.5 I am able to send and receive emails and also able to make calls. I got the IT policy pushed to my 8800 to enable WLM but since I got this policy I cannot make or receive calls. I have done soft reset but still no luck. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

lregnier 07-15-2008 12:33 AM

First of all a huge THANK YOU for the info. Fantastic!

A little background: I'm running my own BES server (4.1.5.24) over Exchange 2007

Followed the instructions, completed the BES hack and all is well with embedded graphics but still having problems with the 'get images' part. Much like has been previously described here; all arrows, no pictures. As luck would have it I got an email with one of those 'view this email on the web' links so I decided to follow it only to be blocked. Further investigation led me to discover it was my SonicWALL doing the blocking. Light goes on, I logon to the BES server, authenticate through the firewall and I'm getting my pictures on the BB.

Now I know the obvious solution is to let the BES server surf, but I would really prefer to get the images straight off of the web purely for the speed advantage. Is it possible to point the email out to the web for images vs. the BES server?

Tsukimi 07-15-2008 01:31 PM

This thread really helped me thanks!

Tsukimi 07-15-2008 01:32 PM

Oops double post!

TDowdy 07-16-2008 08:39 AM

JS,
Ive been trying to get this to work for a few weeks with no success. Im running v 4.5.0.46 and upgraded to BIS 2.5. Have run the gambit of resending service books and battery pulls. When I click on "get images" and "yes" to the security message I get a few flickers of blue arrows and then.nothing !
Do you have any suggestions ?
Thanks,
TD

JSanders 07-16-2008 08:47 AM

So you do you do have BIS 2.5 enabled, or you wouldn't see the choice to Get Images.

Completely delete ALL your email-related Service Books at Options > Advanced > Service Books. Delete any with the @.

Pull the battery and reboot the phone. Confirm those SBs are gone in the options.

Go to your BIS account and resend the service books fresh. You will get the registration message in your messages.

Now what happens?

TDowdy 07-16-2008 02:26 PM

JS,
No Luck.
Looks like it is trying to work but the images never download.
I end up with something that looks like a box with a small Blackberry in it
Thanks for any suggestions you can make
TD

shampoo 07-17-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDowdy (Post 1019835)
JS,
No Luck.
Looks like it is trying to work but the images never download.
I end up with something that looks like a box with a small Blackberry in it
Thanks for any suggestions you can make
TD

Ya same here. 8330 running .51. Some images arrive, some not. I've tried it all..

J

junior619 07-17-2008 05:44 PM

Ok got mine to work on T-mobile here's how I did it. Deleted service book's and in TCP setting's put wap.voicestream.com for APN which was blank for me. Then resent service book's did a battery pull and shabang it worked hope this works for other T-Mobile people

Yummy 07-18-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shampoo (Post 1021695)
Ya same here. 8330 running .51. Some images arrive, some not. I've tried it all..

J

Hey Guys!
I use to have the same problem, it started work only after I entered the correct APN(in my case isp.vodafone.ie )in options/advanced options/TCP ,you can obtain it from your wireless carrier, or you might be able to find most of them here: www operamini com/ help/ connect/ :idea:

JSanders 07-18-2008 03:41 PM

or here:What are the TCP and APN settings? - BlackBerryFAQ

Jarrod623 07-18-2008 05:56 PM

OR.... You can always download BBSmart HTML Email Viewer, from crackberry. only 30$ and works amazingly!!!

Helmdawg 07-18-2008 10:26 PM

Now that I have 4.5 with HTML email, is there any reason to keep empower mail viewer loaded on my BB? I rather free up the space if there is a redunancy in apps.

Thanks

CableGuy711 07-20-2008 02:17 PM

i wish it would auto download the images like the prefrence says! HTML rocks, but it would be cooler if we could figure out a work around


People who say that all you have to do is get images once from a particular email and it will auto load after that, doesnt seem to work. i get daily emails from many places (ebay, paypal, my realtor) and the images show up sometimes but other times not.

TDowdy 07-23-2008 09:05 AM

Ok, I tried all of this and it still doesn't work !
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated
TD

olly666 07-28-2008 06:42 PM

I'm not getting the enable HTML email option whatsoever. I've updated to 4.5, resent service books countless times, hard reset over and over... :(

tallboyonafatboy 07-29-2008 02:16 PM

hey JSanders....can ya answer this? I just downloaded the most recent OS 5.5. when I attach a pic to an email and send it to my att.blackberry.net account the pic doesn't show up in the email, nor an option to open attachment. but when I go back to my original email and forward it ...it then shows up. any ideas?

coastieboy00 07-29-2008 05:19 PM

I am running 4.5.0.52 Orange UK on my T-Mobile 8320 and for the life of me cannot get HTML e-mail to show up. I have removed service books and resent them over and over and to no anvil, I cannot get this to work. Any thoughts? Am I missing something?

olly666 07-29-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coastieboy00 (Post 1038240)
I am running 4.5.0.52 Orange UK on my T-Mobile 8320 and for the life of me cannot get HTML e-mail to show up. I have removed service books and resent them over and over and to no anvil, I cannot get this to work. Any thoughts? Am I missing something?

Same here...

olly666 07-31-2008 02:29 AM

Figured it out, just needed to send service books from T-Mobile website...

mkd284 08-03-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junior619 (Post 1021969)
Ok got mine to work on T-mobile here's how I did it. Deleted service book's and in TCP setting's put wap.voicestream.com for APN which was blank for me. Then resent service book's did a battery pull and shabang it worked hope this works for other T-Mobile people

I just bought a 8320, this is how i did mine and it worked.

coastieboy00 08-03-2008 02:34 PM

Wirelessly posted

I've tried the servicebook send from my pc several times with T-Mobile but no luck. What do I need to delete first?

kmacleod 08-15-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haephaestus (Post 1012490)
My apologies if this is off-topic to this thread. How does OS 4.5/BIS 2.5 HTML mail viewing compare to Empower Pro? I'm still on 4.2.2 so haven't had a chance with RIM's HTML viewing solution. Does it download all images to device memory or can it be set to cache to media card like Empower does? Anyone notice any significant memory impact?

Thanks for any input!
-h

I currently use empower and tried upgrading to 4.5 and the html feature sucks compared to Empower. I tried loading Empower on the 4.5 platform and it wouldn't work. I ended up downgrading to the old OS and am using Empower.
The only reason I liked 4.5 was the ability to open mp3 files in emails.

coastieboy00 08-15-2008 01:52 PM

I had to reset my BlackBerry with T-Mobile back to my old 8700g then reregister the 8320 to get the options to show up. Shortly after that, I got the dreaded App 205 error and just went back to 4.2 for now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.