BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Notes (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=205270)

ApacheIndian 09-24-2009 09:25 PM

Notes

Just switched from Curve to Tour -- where the heck is the "Notes" icon on my Tour? You know the "Notes" that sync with Outlook???

(Not the Tasks mind you -- I do see that one -- but for the life of me I can't find the "Notes"???)

thanks

JSanders 09-24-2009 09:28 PM

Memos or MemoPad... Try the Applications folder, traditionally.

ApacheIndian 09-24-2009 09:31 PM

Hey JSanders :)!

I can't find that anywhere???

JSanders 09-24-2009 09:33 PM

Can't find your Applications folder?

ApacheIndian 10-01-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1477726)
Can't find your Applications folder?

No I found the App folder -- but MemoPad is not in it -- ???

Also JSanders -- all my emails are coming in in BIG FONT and I have to choice "Get Plain Text" everytime -- how can I default it to "Get Plain Text"?

Thanks man

(and you're right, I didn't read that other thread before posting about MemoPad -- sorry, but that thread didn't answer my question either, hopefully u can help me find it)

JSanders 10-01-2009 09:51 PM

Options > Advanced > Applications. Is your MemoPad listed there?

If you want plain text emails, open your messages folder > Menu > Options > Email Settings > Enable HTML = No.

daphne 10-02-2009 12:36 AM

If you have "dial from home screen" disabled, you can access memo pad by pressing D.

ApacheIndian 10-02-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1481761)
Options > Advanced > Applications. Is your MemoPad listed there?

If you want plain text emails, open your messages folder > Menu > Options > Email Settings > Enable HTML = No.

No it is not -- ??? Where did it go??? Or more importantly, how can I get it back?

Ok so I tried that but then the emails that I do want HTML (with working links etc) also come plain text sans links etc. -- ??? Basically I think what I want is HTML enabled but I want the font in the emails to be smaller -- right now it is way too big -- any thoughts?

ApacheIndian 10-02-2009 11:55 AM

Also JSanders, how can I add another Speed Dial # to the #1 button (rather than the default Voicemail)? I want to replace Voicemail with my YouMail dial in #.

Thanks a lot

nem0 10-02-2009 03:53 PM

According to YouMail's help site:

From the main screen, press the SEND button to open the phone application.
Press the Menu button.
Scroll to Options using the trackball. Press the trackball to select.
Scroll to Voice Mail using the trackball. Press the trackball to select.
Enter 1 714 204 3114, then press the Menu button.
(If you plan on traveling internationally, be sure to include a "+" before the number above during this step.)
Ensure that Save is highlighted, then press the trackball.

I set mine up yesterday, and it works great. You don't need to set your PIN in the voicemail options as long as your YouMail account is set to automatically log in from your handset (which is an option you can set on their website).

ApacheIndian 10-05-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nem0 (Post 1482238)
According to YouMail's help site:

From the main screen...

Money. Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot