BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Palm Pre or Blackberry? Hmmm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=191543)

amber205a 05-27-2009 09:01 PM

Palm Pre or Blackberry? Hmmm

HI well new blackberry user here and her it comes the Palm Pre and I cant decide on if I want to switch over so with me valuing everyone"s opinion tell me what you think and your opinion...;-);-);-);-);-)

jsconyers 05-27-2009 09:05 PM

The Palm Pre does look nice. I hope it's not like the Palms of the past. I would like to play around with it for a while, but I don't think I could move away from my BlackBerry. I rely on it way too much.

koleary19067 05-27-2009 09:10 PM

I love my blackberry but the pre does look nice.

ArgonNJ 05-28-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber205a (Post 1393214)
HI well new blackberry user here and her it comes the Palm Pre and I cant decide on if I want to switch over so with me valuing everyone"s opinion tell me what you think and your opinion...;-);-);-);-);-)

You're not really going to get an unbiased opinion here. I would say, try it. You have 30 days, if you don't like it, return it and go back to the BB.

pshift 05-28-2009 12:47 PM

Went from a TX to the Curve. Not going back to Palm since they have lost a lot of long-time users with their severely outdated OS and promises which were NEVER kept.

ArgonNJ 05-28-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pshift (Post 1393697)
Went from a TX to the Curve. Not going back to Palm since they have lost a lot of long-time users with their severely outdated OS and promises which were NEVER kept.

All which has absolutely nothing to do with the new Pre.

Ginalovessharks 05-28-2009 02:04 PM

The Pre looks nice but I find Palms in general to be very unreliable phones. They are overly complicated to try and fix. I frown everytime I get a call about a Palm.

ArgonNJ 05-28-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginalovessharks (Post 1393768)
The Pre looks nice but I find Palms in general to be very unreliable phones. They are overly complicated to try and fix. I frown everytime I get a call about a Palm.

This also has nothing to do with the Pre. New device, new OS.

JSanders 05-28-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginalovessharks (Post 1393768)

Don't worry, you won't be getting any calls about this one, since ATT won't be getting it.

dskid807 05-28-2009 02:57 PM

I think the Pre looks pretty and have considered waiting for a GSM version then I decided even my 8120 is a lot better in terms of functionality for me. I've been through many phones and I think either Motorola's or Nokia's are the only ones that come anywhere near being as good as my BB for me.

ArgonNJ 05-28-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1393784)
Don't worry, you won't be getting any calls about this one, since ATT won't be getting it.

Not according to AT&T

AT&T expects to sell Palm Pre when Sprint's exclusivity ends

JSanders 05-28-2009 03:30 PM

Not anytime soon. :razz:

amber205a 05-28-2009 05:08 PM

Wow guys thanks for your great feedback, that why I love this site, hmm I think I may give it a try like someone said I have 30 days to put it to the test...thanks again

litt 05-28-2009 11:45 PM

I will for sure check out the pre. If Palm can pull it off I think they will have one slick product on their hands. I love my berry but web browsing is a headache and I am getting increasingly frustrated with the shoddy/outdated BB OS.

ArgonNJ 05-29-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSanders (Post 1393847)
Not anytime soon. :razz:

Probably not until 2010. They will be getting another WebOS based device before that though. A more lower end model then the Pre.

test54 05-29-2009 08:53 AM

Verizon plans on having it in 2010 as well. Sprint only has an exclusive through this year.

rambo47 05-31-2009 01:07 PM

Boy Genius Report has a review up. As a former Treo user who found BlackBerry when Treo instability issues forced me to look for an alternative, I've always had an interest in Palm products. The original Palm Pilot was a revolution but they didn't adapt or innovate the Treo line once it came out. Palm chose to patchpatchpatch the original OS and it simply wasn't up to modern standards.

The Pre is a whole new beginning and worth a look to a non-corporate user like me. Looking past the bells and whistles, and overall new-ness of the Pre, I find myself liking the concept but skeptical that this platform can fulfill my individual needs as well as the BlackBerry.

According to the BGR review of the Pre:
Pro:
Snappy OS.
Excellent multitasking.
Nice smooth touchscreen.
Con:
Suspect build quality.
Inferior keyboard.
Undecided:
Mac support?
Cloud syncing.

ArgonNJ 05-31-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1395585)
Boy Genius Report has a review up. As a former Treo user who found BlackBerry when Treo instability issues forced me to look for an alternative, I've always had an interest in Palm products. The original Palm Pilot was a revolution but they didn't adapt or innovate the Treo line once it came out. Palm chose to patchpatchpatch the original OS and it simply wasn't up to modern standards.

The Pre is a whole new beginning and worth a look to a non-corporate user like me. Looking past the bells and whistles, and overall new-ness of the Pre, I find myself liking the concept but skeptical that this platform can fulfill my individual needs as well as the BlackBerry.

According to the BGR review of the Pre:
Pro:
Snappy OS.
Excellent multitasking.
Nice smooth touchscreen.
Con:
Suspect build quality.
Inferior keyboard.
Undecided:
Mac support?
Cloud syncing.

Add to the pros, Exchange support, something I wish the BB did.

zero7404 06-11-2009 09:45 PM

it would be interesting to see how this fone does over the next 6 months....

the OS has really raised my eyebrow, i am very impressed by what engadget says about it in it's review....and the overall OS look and feel is pretty cool.

since sprint is a competitor to verizon, i doubt verizon will get the fone anytime soon....maybe tmob will get it...? if it were offered with tmob on 3G, i'd give it a try....

but i'm not very impressed with the build quality. i expected metal and glass instead of plastic and more plastic....

ArgonNJ 06-12-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero7404 (Post 1404468)
since sprint is a competitor to verizon, i doubt verizon will get the fone anytime soon....maybe tmob will get it...? if it were offered with tmob on 3G, i'd give it a try....

but i'm not very impressed with the build quality. i expected metal and glass instead of plastic and more plastic....

Maybe not the Pre, but Palm has already said they are making other WebOS devices which will probably end up on the other carriers before the Pre ends it's exclusivity with Sprint. As to the build quality, those that have review the device have said the very same thing.