BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rumor: Blackberry + Andriod this year was released? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=257009)

jamiguel77 01-16-2012 09:46 AM

Rumor: Blackberry + Andriod this year was released?

Hi friends, anyone, know or listen about a FUSION of BlackBerry and Andriod?

when?

need to change my blackberry 9000 and I am undecided (if wait for this Fusion or not).

Thanks

Dubdub 01-16-2012 10:17 AM

Re: Rumor: Blackberry + Andriod this year was released?

I don't think it is gonna happen. Makes no sense to me for RIM to do it. Read though the Rumors Section and see if there is anything there.

If you keep waiting for the latest and greatest, you will always be waiting.

lonedog 01-16-2012 10:53 AM

Not sure where you heard that BlackBerry and Android were coming together, I'm thinking you may be confusing BlackBerry with the PlayBook. The PlayBook will be getting an Android player on it in order to run Android applications, but I haven't heard anything about it coming to BlackBerries. Of course there is the chance it could be included in BB OS 10, since it's supposed to be a derivative of QNX, which is on the PlayBooks, but RIM hasn't said anything about it.

ZombieBerry 01-16-2012 12:51 PM

I think you may be thinking of BlackBerry Mobile Fusion. Which is not a blending of RIM and Android, but will allow BES Admins to control Android devices and iOS devices as they relate to permissions and security, etc...

jamiguel77 01-16-2012 07:12 PM

blackberry pro the error was 2.3 months ago when they fell to the server as 4 days, the talk that had a big drop in sales economically.
and to speak up is (rumored) to be associated with Google Android to rise from his fall, that's what I heard.

thanks anyway.

Dubdub 01-16-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiguel77 (Post 1763723)
blackberry pro the error was 2.3 months ago when they fell to the server as 4 days, the talk that had a big drop in sales economically.
and to speak up is (rumored) to be associated with Google Android to rise from his fall, that's what I heard.

thanks anyway.

Huh? I do not understand your post.

ZombieBerry 01-16-2012 08:11 PM

I think Jamiguel77 is mentioning the Server outage that lasted up to four days in some places. (shrugs)

Dubdub 01-16-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBerry (Post 1763735)
I think Jamiguel77 is mentioning the Server outage that lasted up to four days in some places. (shrugs)

That was ages ago.

dc/dc 01-16-2012 09:25 PM

What is Andriod?

tsac 01-16-2012 09:30 PM

What???

ZombieBerry 01-16-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1763742)
That was ages ago.

Yeah, but I think he feels strongly enough to continue the dialogue on it. As for the rest....not sure what he is trying to say. Android is going to take over BlackBerry?

jamiguel77 01-17-2012 02:24 PM

Escuse me my last post, a problem ocurred here, but again:

As you rembember, about 2 or 3 months ago , Black berry had a problem with the server for about 4 days,
as I know, they had a huge drop in their sales, and that affects them economically.
therefore, and this i know it for a unconfirmed rumor, for have his former position back they created a partnership with android,
and thats why i did that question to you in the first place

Much thanks

ZombieBerry 01-17-2012 02:29 PM

Oh, to get back into the game, they have partnered up with Android? No, I mean, aside from the PlayBook being able to play repackaged apps from Android Marketplace, I don't see it as a partnership with Android as more of a cross platform app roll out to maybe increase sales in the PlayBook and get developers interested. I haven't heard of this rumour before though.

Sides, the latest one is that Samsung is going to buy out RIM for 41 Billion. Rumours everywhere. How can a company that is going to be bought out, go into partnership with anyone?

dc/dc 01-17-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiguel77 (Post 1763840)
Escuse me my last post, a problem ocurred here, but again:

As you rembember, about 2 or 3 months ago , Black berry had a problem with the server for about 4 days,
as I know, they had a huge drop in their sales, and that affects them economically.
therefore, and this i know it for a unconfirmed rumor, for have his former position back they created a partnership with android,
and thats why i did that question to you in the first place

Much thanks

Completely unrelated.