BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, News & Problems (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   BlackBerryForums.com Mobile goes live! WAP.BLACKBERRYFORUMS.COM (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=231608)

Tom 07-24-2010 12:15 PM

Oddly enough both the mobile site and the main site share their new post script.

SteveO86 07-24-2010 12:38 PM

Very cool. Liking the new look!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

aiharkness 07-24-2010 12:57 PM

Oh well. It's still great. I'll adapt.

Trimix 07-24-2010 01:12 PM

Very nice. Thank you!

akosnitzky 07-24-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1632064)
Oh well. It's still great. I'll adapt.

No more wap stats. I hope you are okay????:smile:

aiharkness 07-24-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akosnitzky (Post 1632098)
No more wap stats. I hope you are okay????:smile:

Doin' good.

Kamau 07-25-2010 08:49 AM

One more thing.
Whenever I click on a thread, I am not taken to the top of the page, and sometimes not even to the first page.

akosnitzky 07-25-2010 08:55 AM

It seems to take you where you were. Partial answer: You will need to go through your main CP, to adjust ascending and decending

aiharkness 07-25-2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamau (Post 1632332)
One more thing.
Whenever I click on a thread, I am not taken to the top of the page, and sometimes not even to the first page.

So far as I can tell, it takes you to the first unread post in the thread. I'm not 100% sure of this yet, but it definately does open to the first post in threads I open for the first time.

Kamau 07-25-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1632334)
So far as I can tell, it takes you to the first unread post in the thread. I'm not 100% sure of this yet, but it definately does open to the first post in threads I open for the first time.

Ok, I did a little experiment. I opened 20 different threads, and 12 did open on the first unread reply. But the other 8 opened in the middle of a page, and 2 of those opened at random page numbers in the thread.

jmwking 07-25-2010 11:16 AM

I like it a lot. A whole lot.

I haven't seen any trouble with the "go to first new post" feature.

I would like to see one small change: on the thread listing, the parenthetical numbers un-bold when there are no unread messages. Any way to unbold the entire thread title? It would be much more apparent.

Thanks,

-jk

jmwking 07-25-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 1631986)
Tom told me the refresh after posting is a browser setting but there is no setting in the BBBrowser for this. The mobile site is the same as the regular site but with a different theme so theoretically, it should use the same settings you have on the main site. If you are subscribed automatically when you post then you will be subscribed.

I hadn't noticed that our signatures are left off...hmmm

For refresh after posting, there's an admincp option for "Add no-cache http headers" that dramatically improves mobile browsers. Not sure how much server hit there is, though. We use it on our board.

-jk

aiharkness 07-25-2010 02:55 PM

I think I just saw my post appear without me having to manually refresh. So, seeing if it works again.

EDIT: Nope, didn't happen that time. My imagination, or maybe it works sometimes, and sometimes not.

SteveO86 07-25-2010 03:02 PM

Not sure if this was asked already but can we get the WAP BBF home screen shortcut updated or has it already?

Tom 07-25-2010 03:06 PM

It's been removed as there is no use for it anymore :)

aiharkness 07-26-2010 09:18 PM

I don't know if this is a useful clue on the refresh issue, but I've noticed if I edit my own post or reply to another post, my post appears without me having to manually refresh. It is only when I simply post to a thread that my post doesn't appear unless I manually refresh the page.

Tom 07-27-2010 11:31 AM

Here is the thing..
When submitting a reply there is no refresh. You click Submit Reply and the browser only submits the form, and returns you back to the page that was cached prior to submitting the form.

CoraCora 07-27-2010 01:20 PM

I'd say Mobile version of the site is much quicker in loading info compared to the full html site.10/10 for my liking

aiharkness 07-27-2010 01:32 PM

I'm just trying to provide information; not make a big deal out of it. And I understand now I've been using the word refresh a little too loosely, out of ignorance. When I post like I'm doing here, I see the blackberry browser requesting. I sort of understand that the site doesn't actually reload the page, but instead just adds the new post. But I don't see that. I do see it, however, when I edit a post or reply to someone else's post.

CoraCora 07-27-2010 01:37 PM

Hey it happens sometimes.