BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry (If you get unlock code) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=85752)

frank2006 07-13-2007 10:19 AM

How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry (If you get unlock code)

I copy and paste here in case some of you may need it. I were search on google, too much links. So I put here and it is easy for some of you. :)

Good Luck!

Frank

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackberry 8800 8300 Curve Unlock Code Entry Instructions
How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry 8800 8300 Curve:
***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1. Go to settings menu => and then Options
2. Select Advanced options => and then Sim card
3. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
4. Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
5. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the unlock code received from CellUnlock.net and press in the track wheel / jog dial to confirm
6. Your phone is now unlocked

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackberry 8100 Unlock Code Entry Instructions
How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry 8100 Pearl:
Step Action
1 Insert SIM into device
2 Power phone on and Turn off the radio (Turn Wireless Off option) VERY IMPORTANT.
3 Select "Options" THEN SELECT ADVANCED OPTIONS
4 Scroll down and select "SIM Card"
5 Type "MEPPD" (please note that you will not see what you type on the screen)
6 Type "MEPP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2" (please note that you will not see what you type on the screen)
7 Enter the Unlock Code
8 Press enter
9 Reboot device. Device is now unlocked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackberry 8700 Unlock Code Entry Instructions
How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry 8700:
8700c Unlocking Info

***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps, Make sure the phone is not displaying the low battery warning! *****
go to settings
go to options
go to advanced options
go to sim card
Type MEPD (not case sensitive) (you will not see text appear on screen while typing)
Does it say Network active? if so your phone is locked
Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE (not case sensitive, and you will not see text appear on screen while typing)
It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the unlock code, press in the jog dial to confirm.
Your phone is now unlocked

BlackBerry 6xxx 7xxx: ie 6230, 7100, 7290 etc.. Unlock Code Instructions
How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry 6xxx 7xxx: ie 6230, 7100, 7290 etc..
Select Options menu on BB.
Now you select SIM CARD menu. To be able to see this you have to type this on the keypad on phone : (TEXT WILL NOT APPEAR ON THE SCREEN until you enter the unlock code)
Type 'MEPD' for all models except 7100 in which case in case use 'MEPPD'.
Usually u should see "active" NET lock. Now in order to disable this lock type 'MEP2' respectively 'MEPP2' if phone is 7100 and will appear a dialog asking for code. NOTE: You must use the "alt" or "shift" key to enable numbers so example would be: m-e-p-"alt key"-2 Now you should see the place to enter your net unlock code.(if not, you didn't type in mep2 or mepp2 properly.)
Here you must enter the "NET Unlock Code" that we gave you.

nexteli836man 07-13-2007 10:23 AM

This has been covered and is in the BB FAQ section... But Welcome to the Forums !

frank2006 07-13-2007 10:32 AM

Oh well. If it is in FAQ already then I am sorry that I repeated. :oops:

blackberry_dev 07-13-2007 03:58 PM

its some times good wen this happens as new members see this who dont know were to look

JSanders 07-13-2007 04:06 PM

Frank, if you did not copy that from a copyrighted source, I might use it in the BBFAQs, I like the order of it.
Let me know.

frank2006 07-18-2007 11:53 PM

JSanders, I copyed those from unlock code seller's email, so i guess it should be ok. :)

Sorry to response very late cuz i was out of state until yesterday. :)

ShaneToronto 07-19-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackberry_dev (Post 599844)
its some times good wen this happens as new members see this who dont know were to look

Even better would be when new members read the faq and search the forums. Seeing the same question asked 30 times in a row makes me cranky every time.

PS-- Is your apostrophe button broken?

muzars 07-19-2007 07:33 AM

THanks for GOod InfOrMation dear

Inevitable 07-19-2007 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank2006 (Post 599406)
I copy and paste here in case some of you may need it. I were search on google, too much links. So I put here and it is easy for some of you. :)

Good Luck!

Frank

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blackberry 8800 8300 Curve Unlock Code Entry Instructions
How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry 8800 8300 Curve:
***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1. Go to settings menu => and then Options
2. Select Advanced options => and then Sim card
3. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
4. Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
5. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the unlock code received from CellUnlock.net and press in the track wheel / jog dial to confirm
6. Your phone is now unlocked

Step Action
1 Insert SIM into device
2 Power phone on and Turn off the radio (Turn Wireless Off option) VERY IMPORTANT.
6 Type "MEPP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2" (please note that you will not see what you type on the screen)
7 Enter the Unlock Code
8 Press enter

Blackberry 8700 Unlock Code Entry Instructions
How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry 8700:
8700c Unlocking Info

***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps, Make sure the phone is not displaying the low battery warning! *****
go to settings
go to options
go to advanced options
go to sim card
Type MEPD (not case sensitive) (you will not see text appear on screen while typing)
Does it say Network active? if so your phone is locked
Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE (not case sensitive, and you will not see text appear on screen while typing)
It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the unlock code, press in the jog dial to confirm.
Your phone is now unlocked

BlackBerry 6xxx 7xxx: ie 6230, 7100, 7290 etc.. Unlock Code Instructions
How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry 6xxx 7xxx: ie 6230, 7100, 7290 etc..
Select Options menu on BB.
Now you select SIM CARD menu. To be able to see this you have to type this on the keypad on phone : (TEXT WILL NOT APPEAR ON THE SCREEN until you enter the unlock code)
Type 'MEPD' for all models except 7100 in which case in case use 'MEPPD'.
Usually u should see "active" NET lock. Now in order to disable this lock type 'MEP2' respectively 'MEPP2' if phone is 7100 and will appear a dialog asking for code. NOTE: You must use the "alt" or "shift" key to enable numbers so example would be: m-e-p-"alt key"-2 Now you should see the place to enter your net unlock code.(if not, you didn't type in mep2 or mepp2 properly.)
Here you must enter the "NET Unlock Code" that we gave you.

How do you verify that the phone is unlocked?

John Clark 07-19-2007 06:20 PM

Go to Options >Advanced Options >Sim Card. Type mepd

You won't see any letters being typed but it will open a new screen with a list on it. Look for Network. It should say "inactive" or "disabled" if the phone is unlocked.

markmialik 07-19-2007 10:47 PM

whats the network mep code:bb: http://www.blackberryforums.com/imag...es/bb_icon.gif
:bb:

jayvee127 07-20-2007 11:38 AM

unlock 8700c

Do you know anyone who can help me unlock my 8700c cingular provider?(y)

jayvee127 07-20-2007 11:40 AM

Can anyone help me unlock my 8700c cingular?please!!!!!!!

RoC1909 07-23-2007 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayvee127 (Post 607377)

I know my meds are really screwing with my eyesight, but does it not say what the instructions are for the specific model you have in this VERY THREAD???

John Clark 07-23-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayvee127 (Post 607377)

If you are a Cingular customer, Cingular will unlock it if you tell them you are travelling overseas and would like to use prepaid sim cards.

nimocone 07-24-2007 11:09 AM

Here is how my instructions went for the 8800:

1.Insert Cingular SIM into device

2. Power phone on and Turn off the radio (Turn Wireless Off option) VERY IMPORTANT.

3. Select "Options"

4. Scroll down and select "SIM Card"

5. Type "MEPD"

6. Type "MEP2"

7. Enter the Unlock Code

8. Press enter

9. Reboot device. Device is now unlocked.

Blakea08 11-26-2007 07:13 PM

Is there any way to unlock an at&t blackberry 8100 pearl to work with verizon?

NJBlackBerry 11-26-2007 07:16 PM

No. Different radios. Not possible.

londonmoney 12-18-2007 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Clark (Post 606587)
Go to Options >Advanced Options >Sim Card. Type mepd

You won't see any letters being typed but it will open a new screen with a list on it. Look for Network. It should say "inactive" or "disabled" if the phone is unlocked.

Good post thank you

i have sorted the MEP2 not prompting problem cos device has been already unlocked

it says
SIM Disabled
Network Inactive
NS Disabled
Service P Disabled
Corporate Disabled

i think i have hardware problem as i dont have signals

mclark612 07-14-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank2006 (Post 599406)
Step Action
1 Insert SIM into device
7 Enter the Unlock Code
8 Press enter

Thanks for this post, however these instructions do not work for the 8100 I'm trying to unlock, are there any other instructions for this model??

Thanks