BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Problem with "Sounds for Selected Profile", goes blank and back to menu (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=237933)

speedbrd 10-13-2010 01:22 PM

Problem with "Sounds for Selected Profile", goes blank and back to menu

I've been having problems with this function on my AT&T Torch. Pressing "Options" then "Sounds and Ringtones" then "Sounds for Selected Profile" the screen goes blank for less than a second and returns to the "Sounds and Ringtones" screen. Also under the "Sounds and Ringtones" screen then pressing "Profile Management", pressing "Add Custom Profile" does nothing.
I did a major update starting this past Wednesday night, scheduled it from 1:30am and ran for about 7 hours, but this behavior on the "Sounds and Ringtones" menu started happening before that. Anybody experience somthing similar, or know how to fix this?

golo9800 10-13-2010 10:16 PM

speedbrd:

I am experiencing the same thing too. And the problem is still lingering around.

I did a "quick fix" yesterday. I thought the problem was solved ... BUT the problem came back. Here's what I quick fixed it yesterday:

1. Back up everything via desktop manager;

2. Security wipe the device so that the device is all clean;

3. At that point in time, I could go to "Profile Management" and add a custom profile. Like my previous devices, I could add different ringtones and alert tones (from BB's own collection or my own MP3's) ... you name it.

4. Restored from my backup file SELECTED categories of data to the 9800. I mean, only address book, calendar, notes, for example. I purposely stayed away from restoring any system-related stuff in order to make sure my refreshed "system" is not jeopardized by this restoration of data;

5. After that, I could still play for a short while in "Profile Management". Then BANG! The problem came back. But at least I have my own sound profile with fully customized ringtones and alert tones.

Well, this was my work around. Just that I cannot further modify my sound profile until I do the whole work all over again. it's do-able ... but very clumsy and time consuming.

Anyone has come across our problem too? Any solution??

kreontas 10-16-2010 05:34 AM

Guys,

I have the same problem,i got it only yesterday from rim itself and sound profiles doesnt work properly,dont know what to do.

kreontas 10-17-2010 06:00 AM

I have uninstalled nimbuzz and problem disappeared :)

speedbrd 10-19-2010 10:35 PM

kreontas you were right, nimbuzz was the culprit!! problem solved. I suspected the problem had to do with an application, but I had installed quite a few lately and didn't know which one it could be. Thanks!!!

slipsibm 10-20-2010 03:07 PM

Thru trial and error, I also found Nimbuzz to be the culprit.... You can just uninstall Nimbuzz, you don't have to wipe your device...