BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   tunein record (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=265018)

ddb 08-17-2013 12:19 PM

tunein record

hello new to forum and I have recordings on my 9900 bold touch ! via tunein app. the thing is I have put on to my laptop but am unable to get them to play! does any one know how to make this right as cannot open with any thing I have on laptop! do I need to download something to convert file on my pc? if any body can help would be appreciated. not to hot on computers but if in plain English should be able to sort it......cheers

Dubdub 08-17-2013 04:53 PM

Re: tunein record

Please do not post in text speak. A bit of capitalization will make your post much easier to read and understand and you will get a much better response.

aiharkness 08-17-2013 05:36 PM

I'm not familiar with the app, but what is the file extension on the files? How did you get the files to the computer? Did you copy or move them, or did you sync them?

daphne 08-17-2013 07:41 PM

The files are probably in a format that cannot be played on other devices as an anti-piracy measure. Tunein is a streaming radio app and I didn't know you could record from it even.

aiharkness 08-17-2013 07:49 PM

I did a little searching. Apparently the capability to record was added at some point. I saw several sites that address converting the recording to mp3. I saw one page that indicated the tunein file is m4a.

One thought I had was that the files may be encrypted. If the OP just copied them over and doesn't realize it, that might be the confusion.

Anyway, there appear to be a number of places that talk about dealing with the recorded streams.

ddb 08-23-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1806990)
I did a little searching. Apparently the capability to record was added at some point. I saw several sites that address converting the recording to mp3. I saw one page that indicated the tunein file is m4a.

One thought I had was that the files may be encrypted. If the OP just copied them over and doesn't realize it, that might be the confusion.

Anyway, there appear to be a number of places that talk about dealing with the recorded streams.

thank you but tried putting mp3 wav and other after numbers and digits but to no avail ! all I did was sync phone with computer chose what I wanted to sync and it appeared on my computer, but when I went to play it obviously it says unable to open file witch by the way is META and iTunes should open but doesn't .what was said about putting mp4 -4 and other only works with Android I think? if any one can help me with this issue would be eternally grateful. Does this mean I have to go over to either iphone or Android phone? Thankyou for all who had suggestions so far

ddb 08-23-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1806989)
The files are probably in a format that cannot be played on other devices as an anti-piracy measure. Tunein is a streaming radio app and I didn't know you could record from it even.

Hi thanx for reply the file is a META file which iTunes should be able to open but don't and no other program opens it on my computer! don't want to be getting into downloading something dodgy off net that may harm my computer.

ddb 08-23-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubdub (Post 1806986)
Please do not post in text speak. A bit of capitalization will make your post much easier to read and understand and you will get a much better response.

i'm terribly sorry but this is how I speak ! didn't realise it was text speak! Any way thanx for taking time out to help.8-)

aiharkness 08-23-2013 03:49 PM

Changing the file extension won't work.

If the file is encrypted, you need to un-encrypt the file. First see if you have encryption enabled. If you do, search and you will find information on what to do.

If the files are in a format that your player does not support, you need to convert them. There are applications for this, some free, depending. Again, there are people doing what you want to do, apparently. I don't know the details, but I saw numerous discussions when I searched.

dc/dc 08-24-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddb (Post 1807176)
i'm terribly sorry but this is how I speak ! didn't realise it was text speak! Any way thanx for taking time out to help.8-)

Wow.

liquidprinter 08-28-2013 06:06 AM

Thanks for the information.

Regards,
John