BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9900 Series Discussion - Bold Touch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Potential 9900 Release Date! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=251712)

BCCaper 07-28-2011 10:44 PM

Potential 9900 Release Date!

I work for an authorized Rogers dealer. I was speaking with a Blackberry rep in my store today and according to her the launch date for the 9900 is August 7th. She did say anything could happen between now and then so i guess one could say don't mark it on your calendar just yet. This is as close to an affirmative date that I have heard yet. I hope she's right!

rambo47 07-29-2011 07:50 AM

Re: Potential 9900 Release Date!

Yesterday my local Sprint guy said August 5th. Apparently he finally had a call from the BlackBerry rep, and the rep is coming to his store early next week. good signs!

Preroll 07-29-2011 09:38 AM

Any info for Verizon? There was another thread that indicated a date for this week but that's already passed.

rambo47 07-29-2011 10:11 AM

I would be surprised if Verizon waited more than a day or two after Sprint to release the same handsets.

b52junebug 07-29-2011 10:53 AM

we can only hope verizon gets it out soon

Preroll 07-29-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1735140)
Yesterday my local Sprint guy said August 5th. Apparently he finally had a call from the BlackBerry rep, and the rep is coming to his store early next week. good signs!

So the big question is, are you going to run out and buy it on Day 1 or wait a few weeks to see what the potential bugs are? I was going to originally get the 9650 but I remember it had tons of signal and battery issues in the beginning. I waited so long, I just kept the 8330 all this time. I'm done with that model! It's too slow and the browser is awful. Anyway, I hate to be the guinea pig (or beta tester) but I might bite the bullet myself and just go for it during the first week. I've had the 8330 exactly 3 years Sunday and I'm ready to move on!:razz:

BCCaper 07-29-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preroll (Post 1735186)
So the big question is, are you going to run out and buy it on Day 1 or wait a few weeks to see what the potential bugs are? I was going to originally get the 9650 but I remember it had tons of signal and battery issues in the beginning. I waited so long, I just kept the 8330 all this time. I'm done with that model! It's too slow and the browser is awful. Anyway, I hate to be the guinea pig (or beta tester) but I might bite the bullet myself and just go for it during the first week. I've had the 8330 exactly 3 years Sunday and I'm ready to move on!:razz:

if you keep holding off you'll be stuck with the 8330 forever! lol

rambo47 07-29-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

I will have the Bold Touch within the first 15 minutes of sales. :smile:

I *may* wait a week or two for reviews on "Monaco", unless of course it's released before the Bold Touch. Sometimes life on the bleeding edge is painful, but it's the only way to deal with my obsession. Besides therapy.

Preroll 07-29-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1735243)

I *may* wait a week or two for reviews on "Monaco", unless of course it's released before the Bold Touch. Sometimes life on the bleeding edge is painful, but it's the only way to deal with my obsession. Besides therapy.

Yep! You're right. Sometimes when you get cutting edge technology you will get cut but I'm with ya on this one I think. Especially since I've had my current phone for three years. I read in a blog that someone recently talked to a RIM exec and he stated the second week of August for both Verizon and Sprint so that seems about right. OK, I'm sure all these posts will turn from when to how and why as soon as it's released!8-)

rambo47 07-29-2011 09:23 PM

When it comes to new BlackBerrys I'm like a monkey dancing on a razor blade.

ezrunner 07-29-2011 09:26 PM

When it gets here I'm purchasing 2 one for me another for a friend
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

daphne 07-30-2011 02:27 PM

I'll be buying one right away. I still have the original battery in my 9630 and its life is creeping away, and no room to download more apps.

BCCaper 07-30-2011 11:34 PM

I have a feeling that Canada will be getting this really soon. We got a bunch of 9900 Otterbox cases and various skins in for the device at my store yesterday. Hopefully that's a good sign!

ifonline 07-31-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1735243)

Bah. I wish I could say the same thing, but I'm on AT&T... the odds of them releasing the 9900 in the first part of August are very, very slim. Anyone remember how long it took them to release the 9000? Yeah. Exactly.

atuarre 08-01-2011 07:43 PM

You really think Sprint will get one of the new berries next week?

CarBob 08-02-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

I've had an 8330 Curve for about 3 years also, as well as a Torch 9800. I use my 8330 for sending and receiving emails and have always found it to be reliable and very easy to use. In fact, for this purpose, I prefer it over the Torch.

For surfing, however, the 8330 is much too slow. So I've decided to get a BB Bold 9930!
My carrier in Toronto is Bell Mobility, and rumor has it that it will be launched on August 14th. I CAN HARDLY WAIT. 8-) Am looking forward to BlackBerry 7 OS and QNS. WOW

- CB

rambo47 08-02-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atuarre (Post 1735805)
You really think Sprint will get one of the new berries next week?

I believe there is a chance, but I've been disappointed so many times that I'm trying to hold the lid down on my enthusiasm. My local Sprint store said they were getting rebate forms with Friday's date pre-printed on them. Unfortunately these things are very fluid and easily changed/cancelled.

Cooper 08-02-2011 11:05 AM

So we've got 3 dates from 3 different companies.

Well all I can say is I'm excited :)

RIM usually donates a dozen phones to us every year, and it just so happens we're coming up to that time again.

I'd love to put in a request with them to see if we can get some 9900's. I'd ditch my torch in a heartbeat for one.

atuarre 08-02-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo47 (Post 1735923)
I believe there is a chance, but I've been disappointed so many times that I'm trying to hold the lid down on my enthusiasm. My local Sprint store said they were getting rebate forms with Friday's date pre-printed on them. Unfortunately these things are very fluid and easily changed/cancelled.

I hope there is no.....disappointment. I have gone so far as to ask people to "pray".

BCCaper 08-03-2011 02:19 AM

August 16th is the launch date for Bell, according to the leaked document on mobilesyrup.com. Its so nice to finally see a set date and not "coming soon". Can't believe its almost here. I figured it would be really close after we got a shipment of otterboxes for the device last week.