BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Weird problem with DM/Application Loader- Help please (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=229413)

ithehappy 06-23-2010 05:51 AM

Weird problem with DM/Application Loader- Help please

I tried to install a .alx file by BB Desktop Manager but it's showing an annoying error message again and again. When I click on Application Loader-Add/Remove application then after checking it's saying- 'Your BB Application loader needs to be updated before you can continue. Do you want to update now?' I clicked Yes, then a 16.3MB file downloaded, then it's saying- 'Existing blackberry software has been detected and must be closed before proceeding. ...'. So I disconnected my Berry and clicked OK, then something installs and the DM automatically starts, then I reconnected my phone and it's saying the same error message again. Tried this 10 times now and it's all same. I even uninstalled DM and reinstalled it, no luck. I am bored now. What to do?
The DM I installed is the latest version and my Device SW version is- .681.
I attached two pictures of my problem for better help.
Regards,
Saurav.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/5135/45329555.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6876/bb1y.th.jpg

dankarlinski 06-23-2010 06:08 AM

Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

Close the desktop manager... Then install it. Restart before u install tho

ithehappy 06-23-2010 06:12 AM

I already did it and I said it.

devnull 06-23-2010 06:23 AM

I just started getting the same error on DM. Not sure why. Just noticed yesterday. I have not yet clicked on the "upgrade" button. A search on google indicated to complete uninstall DM and re-install. But I haven't tried that yet.

ithehappy 06-23-2010 06:26 AM

Well in that case I tried a complete uninstall- Reboot- Reinstall. Didn't work that way.

devnull 06-23-2010 07:11 AM

You could try using the loader.exe(not going thru DM) to load apps. I realize this isn't a fix to the errors reported, but it might be a work around.

EDIT: just noticed this was reported in another BBF thread by someone else. >>> http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...on-loader.html
EDIT: and here as well >> Re: Error issue: Your BlackBerry Application Load... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

devnull 06-25-2010 07:12 AM

@ithehappy

UPDATE(06-23-2010 at 07:21 AM): I went ahead and followed the prompts as you did in your first post. For me, now DM(Application Loader) no longer complains there is an update. However, now I see a new program loaded in Control Panel > Add Remove Programs called "Blackberry Device Software Updater" which I don't remember being there before. Strange....

Not sure why you are having issues installing this update.. May have something to do with your PC OS or what account you are logged in as.

UPDATE(06-23-2010 at 08:12 AM): I didn't like the fact that this update installed another program which I was not alerted to. So I uninstalled DM and that ""Blackberry Device Software Updater"' then re-installed only DM(downloaded from blackberry.com this morning). Now DM is the only Blackberry program showing in Control Panel > Add Remove Programs. However, I am back to where we were at the beginning. The Application Loader within DM is again asking to update. grrrrrrr.

ithehappy 06-25-2010 01:23 PM

Yeah, that's the problem. I too see that new software is installed in Control Panel as "Blackberry device software'' and I did the exact same steps you did, but it's not working. It's so weird, isn't it?
Regards,
Saurav

devnull 06-25-2010 01:41 PM

More than wierd.... The fact that the update installs additional applications without notification is one thing. But I would also expect there to be some DM upgrade on the blackberry.com website that would include said update.

Ozmale 06-27-2010 05:44 PM

Backberry Device Software Updater

Yes - I am having the same problem. I received a prompt to update BB Desktop Manager - which I did - now v5.0.1.37 & I rebooted. Then it said it needs to update BB Device Software Updater - which I did. It installed v5.0.1.52 but now it goes into an endless loop of asking me to update BBDSU over and over again.

L3stat 07-01-2010 06:20 AM

I had the same problem, and this is how I solved it. When the prompt "Existing blackberry software has been detected and must be closed before proceeding..." comes up, don't click "OK" or "Cancel" yet, but rather, disconnect your BB and shut down DM manually before you click "OK". After that, the update software will apply the update. Working fine for me now, hope this helps someone.

devnull 07-01-2010 07:15 AM

@L3stat - thanks for reporting that. Hope it helps others as well.

One question I have for you. Did the process install another app called "Blackberry Device Software Updater" on your PC ?

L3stat 07-02-2010 02:38 AM

I do now, but I'm under the impression I've always had it.

devnull 07-02-2010 08:13 AM

Maybe you did. Only you could know that. However, I am very picky about apps installed on my PC and this is definitely a new one. I'm kinda surprised that others haven't experienced this or spoke about it.

ithehappy 07-04-2010 02:14 AM

Ain't anybody uses DM, that is why they might haven't experienced the issue.

Ozmale 07-04-2010 05:58 PM

L3stat - thanks for that. I followed your advice and it now appears to be working OK, ie without getting into that Update loop.

L3stat 07-20-2010 03:40 AM

Guess what, I had to downgrade my OS, and the same bug happened despite the earlier install. The same trick works, but seems like the earlier install didn't change anything. RIM needs to fix this in the next update.