BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Network (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Cannot Add E-mail Address (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=260971)

bbusera 08-09-2012 04:04 PM

Cannot Add E-mail Address

On my BB 9780, I go to setup, then i click on e-mail accounts, then I try to click "Internet Mail Account" but it is not CLICKABLE??, however Enterprise Account is clickable...

Does anyone know why this is? For this reason, I cannot add my e-mail address(es) to my phone so that I can download my BBM Contacts from my e-mail address.

It has been severely annoying me!!

Any help would be great!

aiharkness 08-09-2012 04:18 PM

Re: Cannot Add E-mail Address

Try a hard reset. That is, with the power on, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds.

bbusera 08-09-2012 04:25 PM

i resat my phone a few days ago. i went to options, security, security wipe & i only selected "e-mails, contacts, etc"

however, it still didnt work :/

NJBlackBerry 08-09-2012 04:47 PM

You need to have your Services Books resent; go to your carrier's web site to resend them or call them.

bbusera 08-09-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry (Post 1784825)
You need to have your Services Books resent; go to your carrier's web site to resend them or call them.

ive located my service books on my blackberry. What do I do from here? I can see a long list of ticked things.

(when i click the blackberry button i can only view or delete a particular service book. there isnt an option that says resend)

aiharkness 08-09-2012 05:01 PM

The answer was posted. Read #4 again.

For info, you could resend them from the device if you could open the email setup app, but you can't do that. Hence the suggestion to do it from the Web or call customer service. Calling customer service is probably what you should do.

bbusera 08-09-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1784828)
The answer was posted. Read #4 again.

For info, you could resend them from the device if you could open the email setup app, but you can't do that. Hence the suggestion to do it from the Web or call customer service. Calling customer service is probably what you should do.

ok ill call t-mobile 2moro. thanks for the help.

just before signing off, how do you do it from the web?

aiharkness 08-09-2012 05:21 PM

Depends on your carrier. If you are a T-Mobile USA customer, you navigate to the BlackBerry email setup screen after logging in to My T-Mobile.

bbusera 08-09-2012 05:33 PM

na, im t-mobile uk, and i dont think i have a my t-mobile. i'll create one.

bbusera 08-09-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1784820)
Try a hard reset. That is, with the power on, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds.

Just tried the hard reset. Made no difference. The internet mail account is still not clickable.

aiharkness 08-09-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbusera (Post 1784836)
Just tried the hard reset. Made no difference. The internet mail account is still not clickable.

I suggested you do that an hour or two ago. That was what should have been your first step. The next step is resending service books. You need to try that before we know whether to go to the next, more extreme, step.

bbusera 08-10-2012 04:28 AM

ok, i called my network, and they sent me the service books, but before that they said can i get on the internet i said yes. I tried to get on the internet a few hours ago and its just a white screen and at the bottom it just says requesting, then it times out...! >.<

i really dont no why this is happening

aiharkness 08-10-2012 07:09 AM

Ok. But did you receive the service books? (Did you get the notification in your messages?) If so, did everything work after they sent the service books? Were you able to use the email setup app properly, after they sent the service books?

Answers these questions. No other information is wanted at the moment. Answer the questions.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

bbusera 08-10-2012 07:18 AM

they told me on the fone that they did something, but wotever they have done, i have not received no confirmation(s) to my BB...

i called them again, and one other guy said "oh the 1st person i spoke to did do it, but it was pending or something like that..."

i just spoke to another man, this man was from BB and he was setting up my e-mail remotely and he said have i received my e-mails to my phone, i said no...

what is going on here, these incompetent people cant fix this bloody problem.

so to sum up, no i have not received the service book(s) confirmation to my handset at all whatsoever... :/

aiharkness 08-10-2012 11:22 AM

You will need to get the service books. There is no way around that. And your carrier's customer service is who you need to be talking to, unfortunately. Once that is done, and if you have further trouble, we can troubleshoot. But we need to know that the service books have been successfully sent.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

bbusera 08-10-2012 03:46 PM

they give me a few steps and say they will call me back to sere how it goes, then they never call me back. before i got off the fone with her, she said if that step she just told me doesnt work, she said the next step would be to delete ALL the service books and restart my fone or something like that.

Should i just do that manually now because these people never stick to ther word.

aiharkness 08-10-2012 03:54 PM

I don't think that advice is helpful.

Can you go into a store and get some hands on help?

Honestly this shouldn't be that difficult.

If and when you are sure the service books were sent and if the problem is not corrected, I would reinstall the OS if it were me. That will rule out software problems, and the service books will automatically be pushed to the device when it connects. This is easy enough to do if you know what you are doing.

bbusera 08-11-2012 07:29 AM

nope,

i spoke to a person again on t-mobile and she said the last step would be to delete all the service books, restart my phone and take out my sim, leave for 15 minutes & the service books will come back.

still the same problem... internet mail service is not clickable...

i have 1 strand of hair left on my head.