BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Cannot run Blackberry Administration Service (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=245537)

goggletron 02-28-2011 12:46 PM

Cannot run Blackberry Administration Service

Hi guys, I finally got a new job as an Admin and I have taken over this new network. We have few bb users that I now admin however, when I try to go to "Blackberry Administration Service" I get page cannot b edisplayed, when I checked for the wwwroot folder is was missing, perhaps the last admin was disgruntle and deleted it, when I try to go to "Blackberry Server Configuration" it says "Please run Setup.exe to complete the installation" and "Your registry settings for this application were not copied correctly. To correct these settings, run Setup.exe again...". So I need a little help either moving it to a different server or resolving these issues.

x14 02-28-2011 01:13 PM

Re: Cannot run Blackberry Administration Service

If you are looking for it in the IIS wwwroot folder you are not going to find it. BAS uses Apache Web Server.

First thing to try is to restart the BAS services.

goggletron 02-28-2011 01:25 PM

Forgot to mention that I also trried restarting the services as well as to mention that I am running Exchange 2010 which was migrated by the old admin on his last day from 2003.

freakinvibe 03-01-2011 02:32 AM

First thing I would try to find out which version of BES you have. Then I would try to find out details about the topology (where is the config DB, are all services on one server, do you have HA etc.).

I would then try to get the original installation files and re-run setup.

goggletron 03-01-2011 11:47 AM

Thanks for your response. The versions is either 4.1.6 or 5.0.2 because those are the two listed int he directory. If I had to take a guess I would say 4.1.6 was the proper isnteall and 5.0.2 was the install that was started and didn't finish, but I don't know for sure. Also, how do I find out where the DB is? Looks like all BES services are running on this one server and I'm not sure what and HA is. I think I would jus tlike to install BES on a new server all together, because all I know about this one is that were using the "free one" "express" or something to that efffect.

freakinvibe 03-02-2011 02:04 AM

It looks like the previous admin has done an upgrade from 4.1.6 to 5.0.2 and also moved from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010, but something must not have worked properly.

As he hasn't done a hand-over and you don't seem to have any documentation, I would really start with a new server and install BES.

Make sure you read the documentation before you start:

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Microsoft Exchange - Manuals and Guides