BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=255137)

jimmycaps 11-04-2011 10:35 AM

Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize the phone when plugged in.

Essentially, the phone just stopped working one day. When I try to turn it on, the screen remains completely black. At first I get a solid red LED for about 10 seconds and then it is followed by a series of flashing red LEDs. It does this nonstop. I tried a plain battery pull and it didn't work. I tried replacing the battery with a new one and it didn't work.

I tried to sync it to the computer via Desktop Manager AND the application loader and the computer won't recognize the phone. I have tried multiple USB outlets. The only thing that happens when I plug it into the PC is I get the flashing red light again.

I have seen this problem reported many times, but no specific answers. I appreciate your help.

NJBlackBerry 11-04-2011 11:29 AM

Re: Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

Was the phone dropped or did it get wet or even damp?

jimmycaps 11-04-2011 11:50 AM

It absolutely did not get wet or was dropped.

NJBlackBerry 11-04-2011 11:54 AM

Check out these threads in the FAQ:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

Check out the Sticky Threads here - General 9000 Series Discussion - Bold - BlackBerry Forums Support Community - for information on reloading the OS.

jimmycaps 11-06-2011 07:06 PM

I solved the problem. Although I tried all 4 USB slots on the original PC and it wouldn't recognize the phone using the apploader and all other options, I decided to try a different computer. Once I loaded DM to my laptop, the device was recognized but was completely empty. I then loaded the operating system via apploader the phone then worked. I then restored my backup.

Thanks so much for all posts.

hyperleona 03-22-2012 02:38 PM

Blackberry Bold Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

I got a new Blackberry Bold 9900 in September, paid T-Mobile full price for it. The phone crashed at the end of last week. Shut down and won't turn on again. I have neither dropped it nor spilled water on it. It just crashed one day. It looks like new and it's only been six months since I first got it. I am supposed to have warranty for a year, but RIM says that carrier is responsible for the warranty, and T-Mobile could not find the info about the phone purchase and could do nothing about it. Only when I called them to cancel my contract, they said they found the info and can replace my phone.

I did cancel because I don't want to be with the company that is responsible for the phones they are selling only - quote - "as long as you're paying us money." If you get poor quality phone that crashes in 6 months for $600, it doesn't mean anything to them. Neither does the fact that I had two lines on my T-Mobile account for 2 years.

Therefore, if you have the new Blackberry Bold 9900, beware:

A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT.

It crashes for no reason and RIM is not responsible for the warranty.

Therefore, make sure you have insurance from your carrier, and if you're with T-Mobile, you're stuck with them, or you lose the phone like I did.

Dubdub 03-22-2012 03:21 PM

The 9900 problem is well noted in our 9900 and Help sections.

frazberry 05-21-2012 07:17 AM

i have the same problem with a 9800.... this happen while trying to update the phone. now im stuck and really need to restore my info.

Deidre 10-15-2012 11:01 AM

I bought a new Bold 9000 three weeks ago and now it would not charge and the LED light is flashing red. What can I do?

Philmaklemon 12-24-2012 05:41 AM

Re: Blackberry Storm 9530 Won't Turn On, Red light only blinks, PC won't recognize

I have the same problem but mine is a storm...please help.The solution here does not seem to work in my case..I would appreciate any help.:bb:

IlProfessore 03-04-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmycaps (Post 1754091)
I solved the problem. Although I tried all 4 USB slots on the original PC and it wouldn't recognize the phone using the apploader and all other options, I decided to try a different computer. Once I loaded DM to my laptop, the device was recognized but was completely empty. I then loaded the operating system via apploader the phone then worked. I then restored my backup.

Thanks so much for all posts.

Please tell me how you solved! u did it just conneting the BB to other computer? with or without the battery in it? i'm desperate..txs for reply! :)