BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=238194)

Busa 10-17-2010 04:32 PM

1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

This is my rant and rave for the day... I am trying to bring awareness to this crap!
1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash... One was a pregnant woman

This is freaking sad as hell.

TBOLTRAM 10-17-2010 06:44 PM

Three words:

Darwin Awards 2010

dc/dc 10-18-2010 11:28 PM

I won't even read this. Normally, when something like this happens at a gathering, it's due to the stupidity of the riders. I have no sympathy for idiots on motorcycles.

knottyrope 10-21-2010 11:18 AM

that site has very low traffic, looks like they are trying to promote it.

user only has 11 posts too hint hint

bk718 10-22-2010 11:54 AM

link doesn't work but sad if true

RABnTN 11-28-2010 09:23 PM

Re: 1 killed, 2 injured in Biketoberfest crash

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1665926)
I have no sympathy for idiots on motorcycles.

As a motorcycle (Harley) rider, I don't either.

Quote:

I won't even read this.

You should have...

Ripped from the article- The death of a pregnant woman marks the first motorcycle fatality of Biketoberfest - the annual motorcycle festival in Daytona Beach.

A pregnant woman who was a passenger on a motorcycle died and three other people were injured when a sport utility vehicle crossed into the path of three motorcycles Friday night.

Quote:

Normally, when something like this happens at a gathering, it's due to the stupidity of the riders.

Simply put, your above statement is ignorant. As a rider, I have seen riders on all types of bikes do stupid things. That said, believe me, the number of car drivers using a cell phone (talking or texting) outnumbers stupid bikers about 10,000:1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by knottyrope (Post 1666719)
that site has very low traffic, looks like they are trying to promote it.
user only has 11 posts too hint hint

I have fewer posts than that... this thread appears to about putting light on a trgaic situation, NOT trying to increase a website's traffic (as if BBF's Rants & Raves section could do that.)

tsac 11-28-2010 09:27 PM

Looks like the web site took the view down.

dc/dc 11-28-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RABnTN (Post 1678806)
As a motorcycle (Harley) rider, I don't either

Bear in mind that you ride a cruiser, not a crotch rocket. There's a difference in the crowds those types of bikes attract. This incident involved the latter.

RABnTN 11-29-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1678824)
Bear in mind that you ride a cruiser, not a crotch rocket. There's a difference in the crowds those types of bikes attract. This incident involved the latter.

Biketoberfest is a huge annual Bike Rally in Daytona, where Crusiers (Harley's) outnumber sportbikes at least 20:1. (I've been twice in the past 10 years.)

Is it OK for me to stereotype a blackberry user because I "know" that they text/email/or talk on the phone while driving?

TBOLTRAM 11-29-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RABnTN (Post 1679133)
Biketoberfest is a huge annual Bike Rally in Daytona, where Crusiers (Harley's) outnumber sportbikes at least 20:1. (I've been twice in the past 10 years.)

Is it OK for me to stereotype a blackberry user because I "know" that they text/email/or talk on the phone while driving?

Eh, I also pass gas. :razz:

In my day they were called cafe racers.

dc/dc 11-29-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RABnTN (Post 1679133)

Irrelevant. The people involved were sportbikers, and unfortunately, the stereotypes for them are almost always true. They just get stupid in large numbers.

jamesavila 11-29-2010 11:56 PM

Sorry to be a buzz kill and I know this the rant section but don't we get plenty of shitty news thru the lame stream media on a daily basis??? I know I don't want to read about this type of stuff when looking for blackberry info.
Just my two cents.
Semper Fi!!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

kathrynhr 11-30-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesavila (Post 1679180)
Sorry to be a buzz kill and I know this the rant section but don't we get plenty of shitty news thru the lame stream media on a daily basis??? I know I don't want to read about this type of stuff when looking for blackberry info.
Just my two cents.
Semper Fi!!

Did you seriously just post to tell people not to post? ;-)

RABnTN 11-30-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1679175)
Irrelevant. The people involved were sportbikers, and unfortunately, the stereotypes for them are almost always true. They just get stupid in large numbers.

Have you ever been to Biketoberfest? There are not "large numbers" of sport bikes.

How do you know the pople involved were sport bikers...?...you refused to read it...?

Regarding the tragic incident (as well as some aspects of this thread), the quote from Ron White rings through my brain- "Ya' just can't fix stupid."

dc/dc 11-30-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RABnTN (Post 1679288)
Have you ever been to Biketoberfest? There are not "large numbers" of sport bikes.

How do you know the pople involved were sport bikers...?...you refused to read it...?

Regarding the tragic incident (as well as some aspects of this thread), the quote from Ron White rings through my brain- "Ya' just can't fix stupid."

It was plainly obvious. The linked forum was for sportbike tuning.

jamesavila 11-30-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathrynhr (Post 1679263)
Did you seriously just post to tell people not to post? ;-)

No I don't see where I told people not to post. I said this is a blackberry forum...and we get plenty of bad news about all sorts of accidents, murders, rapes, etc etc in the news. In my opinion, people don't normally want to see or get into this sort of discussion on a blackberry info site. I don't see what you don't understand about that.

mriff 12-01-2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesavila (Post 1679610)
No I don't see where I told people not to post. I said this is a blackberry forum...and we get plenty of bad news about all sorts of accidents, murders, rapes, etc etc in the news. In my opinion, people don't normally want to see or get into this sort of discussion on a blackberry info site. I don't see what you don't understand about that.

Dude, relax. She winked. ;-) And really, it is the rants and rave forum. If it's something you don't want to read, move on.