BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Discussion (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   LOL How come ? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=235789)

teslation 09-11-2010 06:16 PM

LOL How come ?

ok guys, i ve tried several smart phones and the last was omnia but anyways most of those phones including the iphone when u turn the wifi on u should be able to do everything on the phone that requires internet connection using the wifi including apps, surfing and emails etc..

how come the black berry no matter what u do if u turn the wifi on , the applications like ( bbm, yahoo messanger, msn , google , icq etc.. ) WILL NOT work ..

whats the reason ? i mean we sure can use the data plan when we are out of any wifi service but why forcing us to keep using it even tho we have a wifi connection.

i love the black berry 9700 which is the one i got now but im really curious for the reason. (WHY)

is it like a some kind of forcing us the customers to BUY data plan from our carriers or what ?

Motorcycle Mama 09-11-2010 06:33 PM

I'm pretty sure that this was answered in the first thread you created about this.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...essionals.html

TXLady 09-11-2010 06:41 PM

Because it is a Blackberry and not one of the other phones you've tried. This is the way Blackberry devices are designed to work. If you don't like it, then don't get a Blackberry.

teslation 09-11-2010 06:43 PM

NOBODY got the guts to say the reasons and the advantages,, all i get is bullcrap from people saying "if u dont like it get another one "

just say WHY dont be a noob in ur thinking, wow... i hate those aggressive people

TXLady 09-11-2010 06:45 PM

RIM designs the Blackberry devices this way -- ask them why.

Go ask on Crackberry. Maybe you'll get different answers there. Oh wait. There is no different answer. It is the way it is.

Motorcycle Mama 09-11-2010 07:08 PM

Well, you should have continued the discussion in the previous thread instead of starting a new one. Starting a new thread is rude.

And now you are going to post with foul language. Great!. :(

The reason is as noted. It's designed this way. All the data goes through the RIM servers. So you need a data plan in order to access things that require data.

A little bit of research before obtaining the device would have easily revealed this.

And no one is being "aggressive" toward you.

tsac 09-11-2010 08:41 PM

And no one is being "aggressive" toward you......yet

Dubdub 09-11-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teslation (Post 1653901)
NOBODY got the guts to say the reasons and the advantages,, all i get is bullcrap from people saying "if u dont like it get another one "

just say WHY dont be a noob in ur thinking, wow... i hate those aggressive people

You have been told the reason in this and in your other posts. Lose the attitude and read what was written.

BBs are not BB's or Androids or Windows Mobile devices. To get any RIM related service, such as email, BBM, maps, Facebook, etc. You must have a BB data plan. If you read any thread t all about why certain data apps don't work, this is the first question or first solution given.

As for no access via WiFi, your carrier, AT&T (like most US carriers) require a BB data plan when you get a BB. WiFi will not work without the service book which is sent by ATT when you get a BB data plan.

CoraCora 09-11-2010 10:07 PM

Simple enough You need a Data Plan to use those services and general wifi won't work with running those apps. Same goes with a Tmobile sidekick where you need a Sidekick data plan to use it.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

aiharkness 09-12-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teslation (Post 1653901)

The reasons should be obvious. The BlackBerry is not intended by RIM, the manufacturer, to be a commodity that you use on any generic mobile data service. It is the hardware tool for using the RIM/BlackBerry data services on the RIM/BlackBerry network. And to do that you need a BlackBerry data plan.

It doesn't take any guts to point that out. It is the way it is and should be obvious to anybody.

dc/dc 09-12-2010 10:59 AM

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_WVGMqofzFf4/Sz...cl8/kitten.png

NJBlackBerry 09-12-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teslation (Post 1653893)
is it like a some kind of forcing us the customers to BUY data plan from our carriers or what ?

Wow. I think that says it all.

SugarMouth 09-12-2010 11:31 AM

So let me get this straight.

If I am at home and do not receive a strong 3g signal, I am forced to use data at edge network speeds? BB does not allow wifi data?

aiharkness 09-12-2010 11:44 AM

If you don't get it by now, you are never going to get it.

But one more time: If you want to use blackberry messenger or any other BLACKBERRY-BRAND data apps, YOU MUST HAVE A BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN EVEN ON WIFI.

Motorcycle Mama 09-12-2010 12:23 PM

But if you have a BlackBerry Data Plan and you access the data features via the mobile carrier's network or via WiFi. Both will work.

SugarMouth 09-12-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama (Post 1654005)
But if you have a BlackBerry Data Plan and you access the data features via the mobile carrier's network or via WiFi. Both will work.

Thank you! That answered my question.

akosnitzky 09-12-2010 06:38 PM

This thread is closed. If you have not received enough mental stimulation on this, click here.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...essionals.html

Jadey 09-13-2010 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc/dc (Post 1653975)

LMAO. Post of the Day!