BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Camera Resolution (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=43652)

Stewie 08-12-2006 11:19 PM

Camera Resolution

I may have missed it but does anyone know what the resolution of the camera will be?:oops:

adamlau 08-12-2006 11:23 PM

All sources indicate that the resolution is of yet unknown.

Stewie 08-12-2006 11:29 PM

Maybe Boy Genius could take a look at the one he has and let us know. It could be our little secret here on BBForums.

option94 08-12-2006 11:35 PM

Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry7130/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

From what i've been reading it's gonna be 1.3 mp

Boy Genius 08-12-2006 11:56 PM

Yeah looks to be 1.3 mega pixels but it has been rumored it might be 2.0 mega pixels in final production version

Stewie 08-13-2006 12:08 AM

Very cool... Thanks. 8-)

mymitsu3kgt 08-13-2006 12:49 AM

Anything under 2.0 megapixels would be subpar.

kwang98131 08-13-2006 04:57 AM

i heard 5 megapix.... j/k haha :razz:

paradisephoto 08-13-2006 06:34 AM

1.3 is what I heard also. I am a professional photographer, and having emailed my share of photos, a 1.3 is great for email, you can also make a decent 4x6 print from it. Think about what you are actually going to do with the photos you take with this thing, are you really going to spend money making 8x10 and 11x14 prints from a camera phone, or are you going to be happy you got the photo and can save it? Personally, Camera Berry would be great to have for those times you don't carry a camera, but if the photo is something that you know ahead of time will mean something, then bring a higher res camera.

kwang98131 08-13-2006 12:18 PM

1.3 mega pix.. how big exactly is that file when downloaded to the computer? 1.xx MB roughly? email only let you send soo big or a cap on the total size uploaded.

havaloc 08-13-2006 12:48 PM

It really depends, but an old 1.3 mp cam I have spits out 350k jpegs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang98131
1.3 mega pix.. how big exactly is that file when downloaded to the computer? 1.xx MB roughly? email only let you send soo big or a cap on the total size uploaded.

adamlau 08-13-2006 01:20 PM

I suppose 1.3 is good enough to snap sneaky shots of girls in bikinis at the beach...

Mark Rejhon 08-13-2006 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paradisephoto
1.3 is what I heard also. I am a professional photographer, and having emailed my share of photos, a 1.3 is great for email, you can also make a decent 4x6 print from it. Think about what you are actually going to do with the photos you take with this thing, are you really going to spend money making 8x10 and 11x14 prints from a camera phone, or are you going to be happy you got the photo and can save it? Personally, Camera Berry would be great to have for those times you don't carry a camera, but if the photo is something that you know ahead of time will mean something, then bring a higher res camera.

With the new PhotoShop plugin software called BlowUp, you can make relatively good looking 8x10" prints from even a 0.3 megapixel image:

http://www.alienskin.com/blowup/index.html

It resizes images much more sharply than bicubic/bilinear, by keeping edges fully sharp. It's hard to tell even at 400% size increase -- also useful for printing 3 megapixel images to billboard-size posters. (yes, really)

Here's some impressive examples of the graphics processing capability of BlowUp: Photo Examples

There's a trial version. Downsize, buying this PhotoShop plugin from this well-known PhotoShop vendor costs $199.

With this PhotoShop plugin, sometimes it is possible to make a 1.3 megapixel images look better than 6 megapixel images (Assuming good lighting conditions, similiar lens, and low noise, of course) - the interpolation is really impressive.

kwang98131 08-13-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamlau
I suppose 1.3 is good enough to snap sneaky shots of girls in bikinis at the beach...

ROGER THAT! haha(y)

painpour 08-13-2006 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon
With the new PhotoShop plugin software called BlowUp, you can make relatively good looking 8x10" prints from even a 0.3 megapixel image:

It resizes images much more sharply than bicubic/bilinear, by keeping edges fully sharp. It's hard to tell even at 400% size increase -- also useful for printing 3 megapixel images to billboard-size posters. (yes, really)

Here's some impressive examples of the graphics processing capability of BlowUp: Photo Examples

There's a trial version. Downsize, buying this PhotoShop plugin from this well-known PhotoShop vendor costs $199.

With this PhotoShop plugin, sometimes it is possible to make a 1.3 megapixel images look better than 6 megapixel images (Assuming good lighting conditions, similiar lens, and low noise, of course) - the interpolation is really impressive.

WOW that is expensive!!!! LOL

kwang98131 08-13-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by painpour

anything to do with PhotoShop is $$$.. supposedly the best out there. 8-)

Ninjatek 08-14-2006 06:36 AM

Quote:

For what this tool does, $199 is chump change.

wibbly 08-14-2006 07:13 AM

A lot will depend on how godd/bad/indifferent the lens is they put on it.

jibi 08-14-2006 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Rejhon

I will say that other products in this same genre have failed ...even with the same concepts for increasing resolution. Looks like I have something new to play with.

drgoodtymes 08-17-2006 12:05 AM

Quote:

yeah, but damn good