BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   I have a problem with a blackberry 8110...please help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=246148)

danyelo 03-14-2011 10:16 AM

I have a problem with a blackberry 8110...please help

Hello everyone.Sorry for my english but i hope you will understand.I have a blackberry 8110 ,and he doesn`t start.when i try to charge him,the red light is turn on but she don`t flash.she stay like this a couple of second and she turn off and on the screen appears a image of a battery who is cut on diagonal,and that image disappears in one-two seconds...when i remove the battery and connect to the charger the red light appears again she stay like this a longer time and the same image on screen appears and stay like this 5-10 seconds.i try a differit battery but the same problem...please help me...tell me even what the problem is,to know....thanks in advance...:?

Dubdub 03-14-2011 11:58 AM

Re: I have a problem with a blackberry 8110...please help

Have you tried a NEW battery, one made for the 8110? Has the device been in use or has it been out of service for a period of time?

Another option, remove the SD card and the battery. Plug into a wall charger. Reinsert the battery. Let it stay for an hour or so and then see if it will come on.

NJBlackBerry 03-14-2011 12:04 PM

Did this BlackBerry ever work in the past?
Did it get wet or was it dropped?

danyelo 03-14-2011 01:55 PM

now wet,dropped of corse,everyone dropped his phone 1,2,3 times...and yes he works....i play on it and in a moment or two he drop dead...and for 5 months i don`t charge him...i know i want to revive...i tried a bb curve battery and he does the same...and dubdub i will try what you said,and I'll come back with an answer...thanks for the moment...
but dubdub...when i put him in the wall charger he turn on for some seconds and hi turn off or this is what i see...but i let him anyway?

danyelo 03-14-2011 02:04 PM

but dubdub...when i put him in the wall charger he turn on for some seconds and hi turn off or this is what i see...but i let him anyway?

Dubdub 03-14-2011 02:07 PM

Try with a new battery for the 8110, I don't think the Curve battery is the same. If it was off for 5 months and the battery was left in, it is probably a bad battery, especially if it worked previously.

danyelo 03-14-2011 02:20 PM

but i`m affraid for the screen or the interior keyboard not be damage...and if the charge doesn`t work ... what to do? to bye a new battery?...but the phone doesn`t recognize the battery...but when i put he now in the charger on the screen appears the battery an a light on it ... but he turn off again ...

SPCM 04-04-2011 04:38 PM

My BB Curve 8900 has a similar problem.... I have it for 2 years and today when I arrived home it was turned off. When I tryed to turn in, couldnīt do it... take off the battery and put it on, and a rd light appeared, the a blank screen with a clock running and then a message saying "security tests passed 100%". The keyboard was blocked and couldnīt unblock. And had no network also! Can anyone help me?!